The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Tevez I agree with you in a lot of points but the way you go about it is annoying and corny.  I'm not saying you can't crticize the team and I've done it more than a few times but the way you go about saying the same stuff about the team over and over.  The transfer window is closed.  This is the same team we will have the rest of the year so there is no point in getting mad about backup players.  I don't even care about their diving and all of that other stuff but the ref simply cannot make a decision like that. Barca were the better team but if we did win the tie what would that have mattered?  Would that have been the only time in history the better team didin't win?  I think not.  Ref never gave us a chance with the RVP red.  Simple as that.
And so whats the point of numerous Gooners in here saying the same stuff over and over (blaming the refs, lamenting RVP's dismissal)? Are they not entitled to their own opinions? What's the point of message boards then if you cant state your opinion? Why dont we have a new rule here...if you see someone make a comment that you wanted to make then you shouldnt post your comment just so that we can avoid redundancy.

I dont see you complaining when more optimistic Arsenal fans in here repeat the same comments. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and on a discussion board you are free to state whatever you want, how ever many times you want.

The truth hurts and that is Arsenal are not good enough. No point in playing the "What if?" game after today's defeat when the club has been falling short time and time again for nearly 6 years now. Arsenal are still in contention for two major trophies and regardless of whether or not they win or lose this season, they will have to try and improve their squad (and spend money) if they are to seriously compete in the coming years. Otherwise the club will just be spinning its wheels.

^Come on son
laugh.gif
  Why are people still talking about shots?  Seriously, at 1-1 we go through and that is the case if they have 100 shots and we have 0.  It doesn't matter.  So that point is stupid because if we defended the rest of the game we going through and Barca fans are complaining we parked the bus.  To ask us to defend that team with 10 men is ridiculous.  Was there a chance we lost with RVP out there? Of course but was the chances significantly decreased with 10 men.  It was 1 second from when the whistle blew to when he kicked it.  %%+! with that letter of the law bull.  There is a very significant chance that he did not hear it and that he wanted to make sure to get a shot away just incase he was on.

Have to get over it.  Trunks, Hoosiers we have other things to worry about.  Im never surprised by getting %**#$! by the refs.  I have come to accept it as a part of the game at this point since every week there is something controversial going down.  Now we need to see about the injuries.  Fab looked so terrible that I am guessing he is going to be out for a while.  We need Sneezy because we can't win the league with Almunia.  Simple as that.
Did you even address anything I said? 
"Come on son
laugh.gif
"

You forget that it was RvPs first STUPID yellow card that even put him in that position. DELISIONAL "son"

like i said... another year, another empty trophy case

^Come on son
laugh.gif
  Why are people still talking about shots?  Seriously, at 1-1 we go through and that is the case if they have 100 shots and we have 0.  It doesn't matter.  So that point is stupid because if we defended the rest of the game we going through and Barca fans are complaining we parked the bus.  To ask us to defend that team with 10 men is ridiculous.  Was there a chance we lost with RVP out there? Of course but was the chances significantly decreased with 10 men.  It was 1 second from when the whistle blew to when he kicked it.  %%+! with that letter of the law bull.  There is a very significant chance that he did not hear it and that he wanted to make sure to get a shot away just incase he was on.

Have to get over it.  Trunks, Hoosiers we have other things to worry about.  Im never surprised by getting %**#$! by the refs.  I have come to accept it as a part of the game at this point since every week there is something controversial going down.  Now we need to see about the injuries.  Fab looked so terrible that I am guessing he is going to be out for a while.  We need Sneezy because we can't win the league with Almunia.  Simple as that.
"Come on son
laugh.gif
"

You forget that it was RvPs first STUPID yellow card that even put him in that position. DELISIONAL "son"

Carlos Tevez ... can be a little questionable sometimes.... but his point is spot on. Great revenue... full stadium. Bring up youth players... good business all the way around. Great for the owners, but terrible for the fans. FANS want trophies, not balanced books and profits.

Carlos Tevez tells the same stories and makes the same points because GOONERS rewrite the same BS every season. Football is about winning silverware. We can all agree on that, right?

Carlos Tevez ... can be a little questionable sometimes.... but his point is spot on. Great revenue... full stadium. Bring up youth players... good business all the way around. Great for the owners, but terrible for the fans. FANS want trophies, not balanced books and profits.

Carlos Tevez tells the same stories and makes the same points because GOONERS rewrite the same BS every season. Football is about winning silverware. We can all agree on that, right?

Off topic:

pimp.gif

At the US youth team getting another mexican player to switch with us. dude speaks NO english.

Off topic:

pimp.gif

At the US youth team getting another mexican player to switch with us. dude speaks NO english.

Originally Posted by DC1323

^Come on son
laugh.gif

"Come on son
laugh.gif
"

Nope I didin't address you at all.  You are obviously biased so I gave you a come on son and kept it moving to my points I was trying to make.

Again, my problem with Tevez is not what he says.  He is probably right and I am not going to sit here and say this team is perfect.  Far from it.  We probably won't win any trophies this year but I don't need to read why over and over after we lose.  Especially when most of the time they have nothing to do with that particular game.    Everyone who reads this thread knows his opinions.  It's definitely no secret.  But carry on Tevez, you are right you are entitled to your opinions.

^Come on son
laugh.gif

"Come on son
laugh.gif
"

Nope I didin't address you at all.  You are obviously biased so I gave you a come on son and kept it moving to my points I was trying to make.

Again, my problem with Tevez is not what he says.  He is probably right and I am not going to sit here and say this team is perfect.  Far from it.  We probably won't win any trophies this year but I don't need to read why over and over after we lose.  Especially when most of the time they have nothing to do with that particular game.    Everyone who reads this thread knows his opinions.  It's definitely no secret.  But carry on Tevez, you are right you are entitled to your opinions.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that cesc fixed the game?
He was protecting barca when rvp got choked, the ******ed back heel pass, let his spain teams mess with jack, did not care when rvp was sent off, and after the back heel pass he let messi right though. Atleast valdes elbowed him in the face. Arsenal should screw him over and sell him to real mardrid and make rvp the captain because cesc really does not deserve to be the captain of arsenal after today.

He was protecting barca when rvp got choked, the ******ed back heel pass, let his spain teams mess with jack, did not care when rvp was sent off, and after the back heel pass he let messi right though. Atleast valdes elbowed him in the face. Arsenal should screw him over and sell him to real mardrid and make rvp the captain because cesc really does not deserve to be the captain of arsenal after today.

Originally Posted by sam206

He was protecting barca when rvp got choked, the ******ed back heel pass, let his spain teams mess with jack, did not care when rvp was sent off, and after the back heel pass he let messi right though. Atleast valdes elbowed him in the face. Arsenal should screw him over and sell him to real mardrid and make Vermaelen the captain because cesc really does not deserve to be the captain of arsenal after today.

There fixed that.

Originally Posted by sam206

He was protecting barca when rvp got choked, the ******ed back heel pass, let his spain teams mess with jack, did not care when rvp was sent off, and after the back heel pass he let messi right though. Atleast valdes elbowed him in the face. Arsenal should screw him over and sell him to real mardrid and make Vermaelen the captain because cesc really does not deserve to be the captain of arsenal after today.

There fixed that.

^Come on son
laugh.gif

"Come on son
laugh.gif
"

Dude, look through this thread...there are maybe what...2 dozen regulars who post here? All of their opinions are known and often times they repeat the same opinions. No one complains when Man Utd fans remind us that "Rooneh" is a beast and Giggs is a legend. No one complains when Barca fans continuously drool over Messi's skills or when Real fans argue that Ronaldo is the best in the world. No one complains when certain players are criticized by the same people here all the time (look at Oskar's comments on Hamsik for example or Arsenal fans always complaining about certain players
laugh.gif
).

Opinions are what make message boards fun and it's natural for opinions to be repeated to the point that they sometimes get annoying. We have some Arsenal fans here who are usually very optimistic and while I sometimes disagree with them I do not consider them to be annoying just because they feel a different way about the club. Could you imagine how boring this place would be if everyone agreed with one another all the time? For instance, what would've happened if everyone here today agreed that Arsenal were screwed? Would we have forgotten that Arsenal attempted 0 shots on Valdes? Differing opinions is what keeps this place spicy
pimp.gif

As for Fabregas, the guy is coming off an injury and clearly wasnt fit. They reported on another site that Fabregas tweaked the injury early in the 1st half but opted to continue (I'm not sure how credible this rumor is). RVP was also coming off an injury but I think his ineffectiveness had more to do with the lack of service than poor fitness. And how could Arsenal sell Fab to Real when you need a player's permission to sell him?
laugh.gif

^Come on son
laugh.gif

"Come on son
laugh.gif
"

Dude, look through this thread...there are maybe what...2 dozen regulars who post here? All of their opinions are known and often times they repeat the same opinions. No one complains when Man Utd fans remind us that "Rooneh" is a beast and Giggs is a legend. No one complains when Barca fans continuously drool over Messi's skills or when Real fans argue that Ronaldo is the best in the world. No one complains when certain players are criticized by the same people here all the time (look at Oskar's comments on Hamsik for example or Arsenal fans always complaining about certain players
laugh.gif
).

Opinions are what make message boards fun and it's natural for opinions to be repeated to the point that they sometimes get annoying. We have some Arsenal fans here who are usually very optimistic and while I sometimes disagree with them I do not consider them to be annoying just because they feel a different way about the club. Could you imagine how boring this place would be if everyone agreed with one another all the time? For instance, what would've happened if everyone here today agreed that Arsenal were screwed? Would we have forgotten that Arsenal attempted 0 shots on Valdes? Differing opinions is what keeps this place spicy
pimp.gif

As for Fabregas, the guy is coming off an injury and clearly wasnt fit. They reported on another site that Fabregas tweaked the injury early in the 1st half but opted to continue (I'm not sure how credible this rumor is). RVP was also coming off an injury but I think his ineffectiveness had more to do with the lack of service than poor fitness. And how could Arsenal sell Fab to Real when you need a player's permission to sell him?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Demps

Off topic:

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
bout time they all start to come around.

Originally Posted by Demps

Off topic:

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
bout time they all start to come around.

Props to Barca. At times, they really seem to be in a league of their own compared to every other team in the world. It's like they know some secret that noone else does, like they've been to the future and learned how this game is supposed to be played. Seems like every team prioritizes their defenders to be strong in the air, but Barca seems to have fooled everyone else by eliminating all verticality from the game and relying on their quick and precise ground passes. It amazes me that no other team makes a real attempt at copying this philosophy. Look at their players. All 5-foot nothing, but every time they pass the ball, it's right on the money.

I also think that people are harsh on Arsenal. They say that Arsenal buried themselves defensively, but I don't know if you watched the game: They had no choice. All I saw is Barca reconquering the ball within seconds every time they lost it, whenever Arsenal tried to build something that even resembles a start to an attack.

Still funny that on a night where Barca dominated, the most invisible player on the field was Catalan.
30t6p3b.gif
if he gets to play for Barca. If any Arsenal player deserves to play for Barca, it's Nasri.

Props to Barca. At times, they really seem to be in a league of their own compared to every other team in the world. It's like they know some secret that noone else does, like they've been to the future and learned how this game is supposed to be played. Seems like every team prioritizes their defenders to be strong in the air, but Barca seems to have fooled everyone else by eliminating all verticality from the game and relying on their quick and precise ground passes. It amazes me that no other team makes a real attempt at copying this philosophy. Look at their players. All 5-foot nothing, but every time they pass the ball, it's right on the money.

I also think that people are harsh on Arsenal. They say that Arsenal buried themselves defensively, but I don't know if you watched the game: They had no choice. All I saw is Barca reconquering the ball within seconds every time they lost it, whenever Arsenal tried to build something that even resembles a start to an attack.

Still funny that on a night where Barca dominated, the most invisible player on the field was Catalan.
30t6p3b.gif
if he gets to play for Barca. If any Arsenal player deserves to play for Barca, it's Nasri.

I gotta give Fab the benefit of the doubt. He was trash but there had to of been something wrong with him physically. He wasn't like that in the first game or the game last year so I don't see why he would sabotage us tonight. I have never ever once questioned his desire and I am going to hold off on it now. Watch I wake up tomorrow and Fab is out for the season.

I gotta give Fab the benefit of the doubt. He was trash but there had to of been something wrong with him physically. He wasn't like that in the first game or the game last year so I don't see why he would sabotage us tonight. I have never ever once questioned his desire and I am going to hold off on it now. Watch I wake up tomorrow and Fab is out for the season.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

As for Fabregas, the guy is coming off an injury and clearly wasnt fit. They reported on another site that Fabregas tweaked the injury early in the 1st half but opted to continue (I'm not sure how credible this rumor is).

The Guardian is reporting it too, if you read it somewhere else. Still cant believe how today turned out. Not only were we playing against Barca and the ref, but we now have more injuries to deal with
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

As for Fabregas, the guy is coming off an injury and clearly wasnt fit. They reported on another site that Fabregas tweaked the injury early in the 1st half but opted to continue (I'm not sure how credible this rumor is).

The Guardian is reporting it too, if you read it somewhere else. Still cant believe how today turned out. Not only were we playing against Barca and the ref, but we now have more injuries to deal with
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom