The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Arsenal really got screwed over. The ref was making bad calls, barca was playing really dirty, cesc might as well throw on a barca jersey, mr. bean did not start arshavin instead of rosiskey or what ever his name is, and wegner was trying to fix something that was not broken, by that i mean arsenals playing. Why would he go all out defense when attacking worked so well in the first leg.

Why are people acting like playing defense wasnt working? What worked at both home games at the Emirates was defending and waiting until they get tired to make a big push in the last 30 minutes. We drew at home last year and won this year with it. However in last years second leg, half our team was out and Messi ripped us apart, but this year we were doing really well going into half-time.  Cesc gifted them a goal...period. Then we went down to ten men with nobody to hold up the ball (RVP) to relieve pressure and they just picked us apart.

Also in regard to Wenger's tactics and team selection:
My feelings on Roisky are well known on here and I was shocked to see him start but the move made sense. If Wenger started Arshavin who would he bring in as an impact sub to turn things around and run at the defense in the last 30 mins when they were tired? Denilson? Chamakh? Plus Arshavin would have been gassed tracking back for 60mins and really wouldnt have been effective at all.  Also Bendtner had a golden chance to prove Wenger's tactics correct but his first touch was HORRIBLE!

End of the story that was such a !%%!+ move to send off RVP as it changed the whole game, Cesc is really going to need to step up if he wants this team to lift a trophy. (I'm still shocked just how bad he was)

Oh and also I dont know what Szczsney injury is but he could be out the rest of the season and, although fair play to Almunia who again really showed he can be a great goalkeeper against Barcelona, I'm not to sure about our chances at the league with him in goal.

!%+#!+ loss today, especially coming off the nonsense over the weekend, but we have to press forward and knock Untied out of the FA cup and NOT DROP ANYMORE POINTS IN THE LEAGUE!

Come on Arsenal!

Why are people acting like playing defense wasnt working? What worked at both home games at the Emirates was defending and waiting until they get tired to make a big push in the last 30 minutes. We drew at home last year and won this year with it. However in last years second leg, half our team was out and Messi ripped us apart, but this year we were doing really well going into half-time.  Cesc gifted them a goal...period. Then we went down to ten men with nobody to hold up the ball (RVP) to relieve pressure and they just picked us apart.

Also in regard to Wenger's tactics and team selection:
My feelings on Roisky are well known on here and I was shocked to see him start but the move made sense. If Wenger started Arshavin who would he bring in as an impact sub to turn things around and run at the defense in the last 30 mins when they were tired? Denilson? Chamakh? Plus Arshavin would have been gassed tracking back for 60mins and really wouldnt have been effective at all.  Also Bendtner had a golden chance to prove Wenger's tactics correct but his first touch was HORRIBLE!

End of the story that was such a !%%!+ move to send off RVP as it changed the whole game, Cesc is really going to need to step up if he wants this team to lift a trophy. (I'm still shocked just how bad he was)

Oh and also I dont know what Szczsney injury is but he could be out the rest of the season and, although fair play to Almunia who again really showed he can be a great goalkeeper against Barcelona, I'm not to sure about our chances at the league with him in goal.

!%+#!+ loss today, especially coming off the nonsense over the weekend, but we have to press forward and knock Untied out of the FA cup and NOT DROP ANYMORE POINTS IN THE LEAGUE!

Come on Arsenal!

Here is the only video I can find that actually shows the lead up to the second yellow since they never actually showed us if he was actually offsides...
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

(you can easily hear the whistle blow to time it up to the shot...
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
)

This sums up everything...

laugh.gif
Legend. Now stay fit DAMN IT!

Here is the only video I can find that actually shows the lead up to the second yellow since they never actually showed us if he was actually offsides...
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

(you can easily hear the whistle blow to time it up to the shot...
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
)

This sums up everything...

laugh.gif
Legend. Now stay fit DAMN IT!

coming from a utd and now former busacca fan, that was the worst yellow ive ever seen given. pathetic and a disgrace.

coming from a utd and now former busacca fan, that was the worst yellow ive ever seen given. pathetic and a disgrace.

Originally Posted by Curious24

Im glad supporters of teams that typically dislike Arsenal can put their bias aside and see just how shoddy that call was. With a game of that magnitude I just dont see what the hell was going on in that ref's mind. He knows damn well it going to lead to a sending off and he still pulls it out his pocket for such a minute thing. Hell if he was worried about people time wasting Villa should have got one after for rolls #3-7 when Kos fouled him.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

The more I watch that replay the more Im just dumbfounded by that decision.

Having watched it numerous times I did notice that Diaby, Rosicky and Nasri were there screaming their heads off with RVP yet our "leader" and captain was nowhere to be seen. (just like he was for the entire match)
frown.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Curious24

Im glad supporters of teams that typically dislike Arsenal can put their bias aside and see just how shoddy that call was. With a game of that magnitude I just dont see what the hell was going on in that ref's mind. He knows damn well it going to lead to a sending off and he still pulls it out his pocket for such a minute thing. Hell if he was worried about people time wasting Villa should have got one after for rolls #3-7 when Kos fouled him.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

The more I watch that replay the more Im just dumbfounded by that decision.

Having watched it numerous times I did notice that Diaby, Rosicky and Nasri were there screaming their heads off with RVP yet our "leader" and captain was nowhere to be seen. (just like he was for the entire match)
frown.gif
frown.gif

Terrible decision on the RVP booking. But tomorrow Spurs will put away Milan. Also Chelsea are my new favorites to win it all

Terrible decision on the RVP booking. But tomorrow Spurs will put away Milan. Also Chelsea are my new favorites to win it all

Originally Posted by Demps

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

How do you give a red for time wasting? What a terrible, terrible call.

He was given a yellow, not a red.
edit: I know he was given a yellow at the end, but you make it sound like it was a straight red.

Yes, I know. But the ref knew he was changing the game with that call and effectively ending it as a contest. If it had been his first yellow it would have been ok as a warning to the team not to time waste.

At the end even with all this domination it took a blunder by Fabregas and a poor challenge from Koscielny for Barca to advance. Not to mention had RVP been in the game, he may have finished off that chance that Wilshere created instead of Bendtner.

At the very least Villa should have been carded after the show he put on when he and Koscielny collided after going for the ball when the ref had already blown the play for a foul on Xavi or Iniesta, I forget who. After watching the game, Barcelona are more of what is wrong with football than what is right. Every bump is blown out of proportion and then the team badgers the ref into calling something, its a disgrace. If the ref is going to crack down on the rules, then card players for diving and for non-captains getting in the refs face as well, those are the rules you know.

The Spanish League as a whole is
sick.gif
. Its a 2 team league, you could've gotten 300:1 odds preseason on any team other than Barca/Madrid winning the league. That's terrible.  At least in England every match has a chance of something special. I mean Wolves were bottom of the table and they beat the previously undefeated United.  Spain is basically the Scottish League without rules. They are lucky that the Europa League counts as much as it does or they would be close to losing CL spots. 

edit: I know he was given a yellow at the end, but you make it sound like it was a straight red.

Yes, I know. But the ref knew he was changing the game with that call and effectively ending it as a contest. If it had been his first yellow it would have been ok as a warning to the team not to time waste.

At the end even with all this domination it took a blunder by Fabregas and a poor challenge from Koscielny for Barca to advance. Not to mention had RVP been in the game, he may have finished off that chance that Wilshere created instead of Bendtner.

At the very least Villa should have been carded after the show he put on when he and Koscielny collided after going for the ball when the ref had already blown the play for a foul on Xavi or Iniesta, I forget who. After watching the game, Barcelona are more of what is wrong with football than what is right. Every bump is blown out of proportion and then the team badgers the ref into calling something, its a disgrace. If the ref is going to crack down on the rules, then card players for diving and for non-captains getting in the refs face as well, those are the rules you know.

sick.gif
. Its a 2 team league, you could've gotten 300:1 odds preseason on any team other than Barca/Madrid winning the league. That's terrible.  At least in England every match has a chance of something special. I mean Wolves were bottom of the table and they beat the previously undefeated United.  Spain is basically the Scottish League without rules. They are lucky that the Europa League counts as much as it does or they would be close to losing CL spots. 

You guys played a great game. The first half you put pressure on the defensive side. I noticed once RVP got a red, the whole confidence of the team went down.
I read something like almost 800 completed passes from Barce as opposed to 200 from Arsenal. You guys also didn't attack like in the previous game. Nonetheless a great game and you guys gave it your all. Nice to see Barcelona advance.

You guys played a great game. The first half you put pressure on the defensive side. I noticed once RVP got a red, the whole confidence of the team went down.
I read something like almost 800 completed passes from Barce as opposed to 200 from Arsenal. You guys also didn't attack like in the previous game. Nonetheless a great game and you guys gave it your all. Nice to see Barcelona advance.

Barcelona are more of what is wrong with football than what is right.

Stop it. Gunner fans have a right to be upset at the refereeing, but let's not get crazy. The difference in quality between the two sides was obvious, even in the first half, and Barca clearly deserved to advance. Let's not forget the missed call on Messi just inside the box.

Barcelona are more of what is wrong with football than what is right.

Stop it. Gunner fans have a right to be upset at the refereeing, but let's not get crazy. The difference in quality between the two sides was obvious, even in the first half, and Barca clearly deserved to advance. Let's not forget the missed call on Messi just inside the box.

sick.gif
hey. just wondering, are you an arsenal fan?

sick.gif
hey. just wondering, are you an arsenal fan?

sick.gif
Since the Premier League formed, theres only been 4 winners: Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Blackburn. (Yes I know Liverpool has historically done well in European tournaments, I'm just talking about domestic titles). I'm gonna count out Blackburn since they only won once so you basically have one of 3 teams guaranteed to win the Premier League every year (out of which its usually Man Utd)...such a huge improvement from the 2 dominant La Liga teams 
eyes.gif
 and in that time frame, Valencia, Atletico Madrid, and Deportiva la Coruna have won titles too, with Valencia and Coruna being the more recent ones
Do you even watch La Liga? You're acting like Barca and Madrid have been destroying the other teams in every match. Yeah there are some 8-0, 7-0 games but  there have been alot of games that could have gone either way if not for some luck . There have also been alot of games that were much closer than the scoresheet suggests . And I'm not being biased, I actually watch the Premier League much more since I don't get La Liga on TV. I watch pretty much every important game during the week 
You're also forgetting how much more money the Premier League generates compared to La Liga. The poorest teams in the PL @#$% on even some of the better teams in LL. LL teams simply can't afford to form top quality teams to compete with RM and Barca. Nowadays only the clubs with the most money win championships, something I really dislike, but it has to be done in order to win 
ohwell.gif

P.S., speaking of diving, I've seen your boy van Persie flop ridiculously (while not even being touched) in order to score PKs. I'm tired of people saying there's no diving in the Premier League when many of your top players (especially Nani) do the same damn @#$% you complain about

sick.gif
Since the Premier League formed, theres only been 4 winners: Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Blackburn. (Yes I know Liverpool has historically done well in European tournaments, I'm just talking about domestic titles). I'm gonna count out Blackburn since they only won once so you basically have one of 3 teams guaranteed to win the Premier League every year (out of which its usually Man Utd)...such a huge improvement from the 2 dominant La Liga teams 
eyes.gif
 and in that time frame, Valencia, Atletico Madrid, and Deportiva la Coruna have won titles too, with Valencia and Coruna being the more recent ones
Do you even watch La Liga? You're acting like Barca and Madrid have been destroying the other teams in every match. Yeah there are some 8-0, 7-0 games but  there have been alot of games that could have gone either way if not for some luck . There have also been alot of games that were much closer than the scoresheet suggests . And I'm not being biased, I actually watch the Premier League much more since I don't get La Liga on TV. I watch pretty much every important game during the week 
You're also forgetting how much more money the Premier League generates compared to La Liga. The poorest teams in the PL @#$% on even some of the better teams in LL. LL teams simply can't afford to form top quality teams to compete with RM and Barca. Nowadays only the clubs with the most money win championships, something I really dislike, but it has to be done in order to win 
ohwell.gif

P.S., speaking of diving, I've seen your boy van Persie flop ridiculously (while not even being touched) in order to score PKs. I'm tired of people saying there's no diving in the Premier League when many of your top players (especially Nani) do the same damn @#$% you complain about

Barca are an excellent team, I never said they weren't. They are better than Arsenal, I never said they weren't. The level of diving and play-acting put on today, not to mention Abidal grabbing the throat of Van Persie was appalling. If say Sagna does that to Messi or Villa, he's off. Their conduct is as bad as their football is good.

Barca are an excellent team, I never said they weren't. They are better than Arsenal, I never said they weren't. The level of diving and play-acting put on today, not to mention Abidal grabbing the throat of Van Persie was appalling. If say Sagna does that to Messi or Villa, he's off. Their conduct is as bad as their football is good.

Back
Top Bottom