The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Ugghhhhg I'm so upset. I just dont know what to say. Today goes into the suppressed folder. Cant believe it. Thank god I have tons of school and homework to keep my mind off this game for a while
eyes.gif

Ugghhhhg I'm so upset. I just dont know what to say. Today goes into the suppressed folder. Cant believe it. Thank god I have tons of school and homework to keep my mind off this game for a while
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Originally Posted by kapstone

Was RVP even offsides? They never showed a replay of that.

Not a lot to say - hard to win or even draw a game when you dont have a chance on goal until the 85th minute. Its really not clear to me what Arsene was thinking - everyone knew Barca would score at least one goal so playing a "defensive" game was never going to work. Maybe he will realize he may need some speed and size on the back line. Not clear to me why Rosiscky ever sees the pitch. And I guess Cesc took his transfer early because that was awful. If he was injured he shouldnt have started and played 80 minutes. Awful awful awful. Arsene can talk about winning the quad but a single seems like a good start.
What are you talking about it was 1-1 when Van Persie got sent off.  Second, we already lost the Carling Cup so the quad was over anyway. We aren't beating Barca with a man down.  Game was essentially over once RVP got sent off.  Yes I know Bendtner had a chance but it was Bendtner.
It was an own goal.  We literally had zero chances at that point - one goal on zero chances.  I know the quad was over before this match - my point is that it would be nice to see this team finish something before he ran his mouth about all four.  It just seems like there are opportunities for the team to do great things and they get in their own way all the time.

Not a lot to say - hard to win or even draw a game when you dont have a chance on goal until the 85th minute. Its really not clear to me what Arsene was thinking - everyone knew Barca would score at least one goal so playing a "defensive" game was never going to work. Maybe he will realize he may need some speed and size on the back line. Not clear to me why Rosiscky ever sees the pitch. And I guess Cesc took his transfer early because that was awful. If he was injured he shouldnt have started and played 80 minutes. Awful awful awful. Arsene can talk about winning the quad but a single seems like a good start.
What are you talking about it was 1-1 when Van Persie got sent off.  Second, we already lost the Carling Cup so the quad was over anyway. We aren't beating Barca with a man down.  Game was essentially over once RVP got sent off.  Yes I know Bendtner had a chance but it was Bendtner.
It was an own goal.  We literally had zero chances at that point - one goal on zero chances.  I know the quad was over before this match - my point is that it would be nice to see this team finish something before he ran his mouth about all four.  It just seems like there are opportunities for the team to do great things and they get in their own way all the time.

Wenger never said "We are winning the quad".  He said we are still in all four and we will go for all 4.  I don't know what anyone wants him to say.  Barca are a better team but if RVP stays on and its 11v11 I think we go through.  It was 1-1 at the time and we would have gone through.  Im not complaining but that is how I feel.  I don't care if it was an own goal or not.  You are not going to get many shots on Barca when they hold the ball 80 percent of the game.  I don't think some of you guys understand that.  You look back at the stats at the Inter second leg last year and its the same thing.

Wenger never said "We are winning the quad".  He said we are still in all four and we will go for all 4.  I don't know what anyone wants him to say.  Barca are a better team but if RVP stays on and its 11v11 I think we go through.  It was 1-1 at the time and we would have gone through.  Im not complaining but that is how I feel.  I don't care if it was an own goal or not.  You are not going to get many shots on Barca when they hold the ball 80 percent of the game.  I don't think some of you guys understand that.  You look back at the stats at the Inter second leg last year and its the same thing.

So were you happy with Arsenal's style of play, particularly in the first half? I am not suggesting that Arsenal was going to have an offensive onslaught but I just dont think it was reasonable to expect the game to end 0 - 0, which suggests to me that we needed some attacking presence which we didnt have until after the goal.

You really may be right about going through if RVP but poor tactics and cynical play in the first half set that up. It was a bad decision but RVP should not have been in that position, carrying a yellow card after a stupid foul that came out of frustration.

So were you happy with Arsenal's style of play, particularly in the first half? I am not suggesting that Arsenal was going to have an offensive onslaught but I just dont think it was reasonable to expect the game to end 0 - 0, which suggests to me that we needed some attacking presence which we didnt have until after the goal.

You really may be right about going through if RVP but poor tactics and cynical play in the first half set that up. It was a bad decision but RVP should not have been in that position, carrying a yellow card after a stupid foul that came out of frustration.

I like Arsenal so I'm not trying to be biased here...but you guys were playing lazy as hell when it came to attacking, before and after van persie got taken out. I know that Wenger was trying to park the bus but to beat Barca, you have to put constant pressure especially on our midfield. Xavi is a beast but when it comes to defense he gets caught off guard alot of times when facing an attack focused team

I like Arsenal so I'm not trying to be biased here...but you guys were playing lazy as hell when it came to attacking, before and after van persie got taken out. I know that Wenger was trying to park the bus but to beat Barca, you have to put constant pressure especially on our midfield. Xavi is a beast but when it comes to defense he gets caught off guard alot of times when facing an attack focused team

In Arsene's defense, the media kept pushing him to talk about potentially willing all four. His responses were usually nothing more than we are going to try and go for all 4, nothing more. As a coach what more should he say? We are a team in all competitions so of course he was going to have a go at them. Also outside of Cesc's horrible back heal defending as a team worked really well...but giving away a goal in stoppage time and going down to 10 men are going to really screw any good plans.

In Arsene's defense, the media kept pushing him to talk about potentially willing all four. His responses were usually nothing more than we are going to try and go for all 4, nothing more. As a coach what more should he say? We are a team in all competitions so of course he was going to have a go at them. Also outside of Cesc's horrible back heal defending as a team worked really well...but giving away a goal in stoppage time and going down to 10 men are going to really screw any good plans.

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Lets see if you criticize Barca later in this competition when Guardiola decides to defend a lead.

Wait...isnt that exactly what Guardiola tried to do in the 1st leg at the Emirates when he subbed off Villa with a 1-0 lead?

There's nothing wrong with playing super defensive to protect the lead in CL play.

Arsenal played their cards right but Barca are the better club.
I do criticize Barca when they are defensive. Teams should always be offensive minded...i guess that why i'm not coaching a pro team just an AYSO team
laugh.gif

Man I wish Argentina would have won the WC with Maradona as HC. It was a dream come true for me....3 forwards and offensive minded midfielders...((SIGH))

yo! i almost forgot about ayso soccer lmao. i remember playing when i was like 5 or 6 hows your team doing? lol

its awesome. I coach U-12  so the games can be really entertaining. We took 2nd place this year. We play a 343 which is risky an aggresive. Teams get confused when they see all that pressure upfront You have to have 3 awesome defenders to pull it off.   

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Lets see if you criticize Barca later in this competition when Guardiola decides to defend a lead.

Wait...isnt that exactly what Guardiola tried to do in the 1st leg at the Emirates when he subbed off Villa with a 1-0 lead?

There's nothing wrong with playing super defensive to protect the lead in CL play.

Arsenal played their cards right but Barca are the better club.
I do criticize Barca when they are defensive. Teams should always be offensive minded...i guess that why i'm not coaching a pro team just an AYSO team
laugh.gif

Man I wish Argentina would have won the WC with Maradona as HC. It was a dream come true for me....3 forwards and offensive minded midfielders...((SIGH))

yo! i almost forgot about ayso soccer lmao. i remember playing when i was like 5 or 6 hows your team doing? lol

its awesome. I coach U-12  so the games can be really entertaining. We took 2nd place this year. We play a 343 which is risky an aggresive. Teams get confused when they see all that pressure upfront You have to have 3 awesome defenders to pull it off.   

Carlos Tevez wrote:

how hard is it to get into coaching a squad? I might want to give it a try with a few friends if and when i have time.

Carlos Tevez wrote:

how hard is it to get into coaching a squad? I might want to give it a try with a few friends if and when i have time.

If we won then yes I was happy.  I don't think that Wenger came out with the intention of parking the bus.  I think Barca just made it look that way.  Cesc was trash and we could not keep the ball in the midfield thus we were defending for the entire half.  This CL football. Everyone that expects attacking football better not tune in until the final because that is what CL knockout rounds are all about. If Wenger came out and said we parked the bus then no I wouldn't be mad. 

Also why didin't Abidal get sent off for this?
x610.jpg

If we won then yes I was happy.  I don't think that Wenger came out with the intention of parking the bus.  I think Barca just made it look that way.  Cesc was trash and we could not keep the ball in the midfield thus we were defending for the entire half.  This CL football. Everyone that expects attacking football better not tune in until the final because that is what CL knockout rounds are all about. If Wenger came out and said we parked the bus then no I wouldn't be mad. 

Also why didin't Abidal get sent off for this?
x610.jpg

Carlos Tevez wrote:

Its easy. Just contact your local AYSO region. Its seems every non-profit org is having trouble finding volunteers for anything
30t6p3b.gif

Carlos Tevez wrote:

Its easy. Just contact your local AYSO region. Its seems every non-profit org is having trouble finding volunteers for anything
30t6p3b.gif

coming from a utd and now former busacca fan, that was the worst yellow ive ever seen given. pathetic and a disgrace.

coming from a utd and now former busacca fan, that was the worst yellow ive ever seen given. pathetic and a disgrace.

Arsenal really got screwed over. The ref was making bad calls, barca was playing really dirty, cesc might as well throw on a barca jersey, mr. bean did not start arshavin instead of rosiskey or what ever his name is, and wegner was trying to fix something that was not broken, by that i mean arsenals playing. Why would he go all out defense when attacking worked so well in the first leg.

Back
Top Bottom