The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

Originally Posted by nesto0o0o

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

Almunia is the only gunner giving a +%!* about this game. Youre not completely out arsenal!

We must not be watching the same game. 70-30 possession it's over ladies

I'm a barca fan, but arsenal players act like they are completely out of it. From the first half, they've been playing defense. 300 plus touches for barca and only 40 for arsenal? they thought they could play like inter did last year against barca and get away with it. barca is leading and they keep on attacking which in my opinion arsenal should have done the same from the start if they wanted a shot at getting through.
Thats what you have to expect from  
300px-Premier_League.svg.png
 and  
british-flag.jpg
 nat. team soccer.
 I've been watching soccer for years and the desire not to lose is greater than that to win and put on a show.

Arsenal are not the typical English team and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the way they approached the match today against a vastly superior team.

Also, there is nothing wrong with parking the bus when you have the lead in CL competition. Lets not forget that despite being the most entertaining team in the world at the time, Barca completely parked the bus against Milan in the 2nd leg of the 2006 semis.

Arsenal playing "not to lose" today had absolutely nothing to do with them being an English club. Heck, Arsenal are more Spanish than most clubs in La Liga.

You may be right but I subscribe to the Maradona type of soccer
laugh.gif
 (risky and offensive minded). If your losing... attack, if your tied...attack, and if your winning...attack.

Give the fans a show.  I haven't seen enough Arsenal games this year but from what i saw today they were playing typical british football.

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

How do you give a red for time wasting? What a terrible, terrible call.

He was given a yellow, not a red.
edit: I know he was given a yellow at the end, but you make it sound like it was a straight red.

Pure Domination
pimp.gif

The pressure was a thing of beauty.

Stats are staggering in Barca-Arsenal: passes 717-195; shots 19-0

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

How do you give a red for time wasting? What a terrible, terrible call.

He was given a yellow, not a red.
edit: I know he was given a yellow at the end, but you make it sound like it was a straight red.

Pure Domination
pimp.gif

The pressure was a thing of beauty.

Stats are staggering in Barca-Arsenal: passes 717-195; shots 19-0

Lets see if you criticize Barca later in this competition when Guardiola decides to defend a lead.

Wait...isnt that exactly what Guardiola tried to do in the 1st leg at the Emirates when he subbed off Villa with a 1-0 lead?

There's nothing wrong with playing super defensive to protect the lead in CL play.

Arsenal played their cards right but Barca are the better club.

Lets see if you criticize Barca later in this competition when Guardiola decides to defend a lead.

Wait...isnt that exactly what Guardiola tried to do in the 1st leg at the Emirates when he subbed off Villa with a 1-0 lead?

There's nothing wrong with playing super defensive to protect the lead in CL play.

I do criticize Barca when they are defensive. Teams should always be offensive minded...i guess that why i'm not coaching a pro team just an AYSO team
laugh.gif

Man I wish Argentina would have won the WC with Maradona as HC. It was a dream come true for me....3 forwards and offensive minded midfielders...((SIGH))

I do criticize Barca when they are defensive. Teams should always be offensive minded...i guess that why i'm not coaching a pro team just an AYSO team
laugh.gif

Man I wish Argentina would have won the WC with Maradona as HC. It was a dream come true for me....3 forwards and offensive minded midfielders...((SIGH))

I'm so angry I don't even know what to say. First off ref was an absoute joke. Cesc just may have had on of the worst games in an arsenal shirt and sadly it was when we needed him the most. Almunia played really well as did Jack and the back 4. Bendtner has a golden chance near the end ....Smh at that first touch.I don't even know what more to say...that 2nd yellow was such a joke its insane.

I'm so angry I don't even know what to say. First off ref was an absoute joke. Cesc just may have had on of the worst games in an arsenal shirt and sadly it was when we needed him the most. Almunia played really well as did Jack and the back 4. Bendtner has a golden chance near the end ....Smh at that first touch.I don't even know what more to say...that 2nd yellow was such a joke its insane.

I do criticize Barca when they are defensive. Teams should always be offensive minded...i guess that why i'm not coaching a pro team just an AYSO team
laugh.gif

yo! i almost forgot about ayso soccer lmao. i remember playing when i was like 5 or 6 hows your team doing? lol

I do criticize Barca when they are defensive. Teams should always be offensive minded...i guess that why i'm not coaching a pro team just an AYSO team
laugh.gif

yo! i almost forgot about ayso soccer lmao. i remember playing when i was like 5 or 6 hows your team doing? lol

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Anyone get the post-match interviews? Word is, RVP having a go a the ref...
Robin "the ref was whistling at us the whole game, i dont know why he's here, he was a joke"
[font=Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif]Van Persie really sticking it to the ref: "A joke", "An absolute joke", "bad all night", "I don't know why he was here tonight", "a joke".[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif]Robin van Persie: "How can I hear a whistle with 90,000 people jumping up. How to God can I hear? The referee has been a joke all evening."
[/font]

Dude will probably get banned. They are saying Cesc will not travel to Utd Saturday

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Anyone get the post-match interviews? Word is, RVP having a go a the ref...
Robin "the ref was whistling at us the whole game, i dont know why he's here, he was a joke"
[/font]

[font=Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif]Van Persie really sticking it to the ref: "A joke", "An absolute joke", "bad all night", "I don't know why he was here tonight", "a joke".[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif]Robin van Persie: "How can I hear a whistle with 90,000 people jumping up. How to God can I hear? The referee has been a joke all evening."
[/font]

Dude will probably get banned. They are saying Cesc will not travel to Utd Saturday

Was RVP even offsides? They never showed a replay of that.

Not a lot to say - hard to win or even draw a game when you dont have a chance on goal until the 85th minute. Its really not clear to me what Arsene was thinking - everyone knew Barca would score at least one goal so playing a "defensive" game was never going to work. Maybe he will realize he may need some speed and size on the back line. Not clear to me why Rosiscky ever sees the pitch. And I guess Cesc took his transfer early because that was awful. If he was injured he shouldnt have started and played 80 minutes. Awful awful awful. Arsene can talk about winning the quad but a single seems like a good start.

Not a lot to say - hard to win or even draw a game when you dont have a chance on goal until the 85th minute. Its really not clear to me what Arsene was thinking - everyone knew Barca would score at least one goal so playing a "defensive" game was never going to work. Maybe he will realize he may need some speed and size on the back line. Not clear to me why Rosiscky ever sees the pitch. And I guess Cesc took his transfer early because that was awful. If he was injured he shouldnt have started and played 80 minutes. Awful awful awful. Arsene can talk about winning the quad but a single seems like a good start.

Originally Posted by kapstone

What are you talking about it was 1-1 when Van Persie got sent off.  Second, we already lost the Carling Cup so the quad was over anyway. We aren't beating Barca with a man down.  Game was essentially over once RVP got sent off.  Yes I know Bendtner had a chance but it was Bendtner.

Originally Posted by kapstone

What are you talking about it was 1-1 when Van Persie got sent off.  Second, we already lost the Carling Cup so the quad was over anyway. We aren't beating Barca with a man down.  Game was essentially over once RVP got sent off.  Yes I know Bendtner had a chance but it was Bendtner.

Back
Top Bottom