The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Been taking Ls all year long... :smh:

Mexican Boxing, Raiders, Lakers, GUADALAJARA, Mexico, now the Dodgers... :x

And when I say I don't want to waste my money going to NZ, I have ZERO doubt that Mexico will advance. They should've never even been in that spot. Should have fired Chepo after they tied with the US in Mexico City.

So much talent and money, and can't pick 23 players to beat Honduras, Costa Rica, Jamaica, etc?

They need to realize that this is their region, and need to put 100% effort, concentration, and will against them and not look past them.

My twitter rants this night were wild. Heck, I called in sick to work to stay at home and watch the game...smfh...

I'm use to the hate for El Tri, but for those of you who are extra salty, I hope this makes you somewhat happy. It's a youtube vid of Mexican announcers reacting to the USMNT stoppage time gols.

After 1st gol- "We love you. We love you forever and ever. God Bless America."
Then in reference to El Tri. "You guys in the green shirts. You guys don't do anything for that shirt. You guys didn't get us to the cup. You didn't keep us alive. It was the United States."

After the 2nd gol - "United States has surpassed us."

Last edited:
In regards to the "hate" El Tri and their fans are not victims and never will be. That is all. 

Last edited:
That dude works for TV Azteca, he is ALWAYS super extra. His Opinions and comments are always void IMO. He narrates games according to what he feels people want to hear. Pretty stupid to me, specially since he is always changing his opinion on things.

That's why If certain games are being televised by TV Azteca and another channel, I will always pick the latter...

I was just trying to make the people with a lot of "hate" for El Tri and their fans something to enjoy. Like dudes were legit mad that Mexico is through to the playoff against New Zealand.

Back to on the pitch, would Vela really be that much of a difference maker for Mexico?

I was just trying to make the people with a lot of "hate" for El Tri and their fans something to enjoy. Like dudes were legit mad that Mexico is through to the playoff against New Zealand.

Back to on the pitch, would Vela really be that much of a difference maker for Mexico?

As much as I hate to say this, Yes, yes he would.

I would throw Vela on the right, Gio in the middle and Chaco on the left. Oribe up top... Chicha looks way out of form :x

At this point I would bring LaVolpe back like i have been saying all along.

Also, why not bring El Bofo back (j/k)...that fool was cool though. The only Mex NT player I rooted for.

Now waits for Sam's Army to think they are the kings of soccer lol
I guess thats the way sports is.

PS
ive been playing pick up with some Iranians and its cool to see how soccer unites people around the world. The iranians are always yelling during the game like no others.
They always call us non iranians "my friend" lollol

Last edited:
PS
ive been playing pick up with some Iranians and its cool to see how soccer unites people around the world. The iranians are always yelling during the game like no others.
They always call us non iranians "my friend" lollol
Man if you go to the Underhill or Gilman fields in Berkeley, CA on a given day you'll find representation from enough countries to rival the United Nations.  It really is something.  If you're the only regular from a given country everyone just calls you by the name of the country or a player from that country you apparently resemble. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Man if you go to the Underhill or Gilman fields in Berkeley, CA on a given day you'll find representation from enough countries to rival the United Nations.  It really is something.  If you're the only regular from a given country everyone just calls you by the name of the country or a player from that country you apparently resemble. :lol:  

Nice i may have to check it out. Im in the south bay. I always rock a 2002 argentina jersey, nike LA Galaxy or bootleg inter ronaldo jersey.

i am kinda upset we helped mexico out, if mexico were to be out, most mexican americans would of jumped ship...and thats what i want, mexican americans supporting The US first.

if the shoe was on the other foot, mexico would of scored on themselves on purpose just to keep us out...no doubt about it.

i am kinda upset we helped mexico out, if mexico were to be out, most mexican americans would of jumped ship...and thats what i want, mexican americans supporting The US first.

if the shoe was on the other foot, mexico would of scored on themselves on purpose just to keep us out...no doubt about it.
thats a damn fact 
laugh.gif

Penalty!
ikzQgUfqGXwOJ.gif

I honestly have no problem with this, anything for your national team to win. People of Uruguay feel the same.

EDIT: Looking through this thread a little puzzled. Seems a lot of people don't understand how some rivalries works.

Last edited:
:lol: regards to last night I was saying rafa is a dirty player sometimes and he does actually suck right now. I know he has great accomplishments in club football but his best days are well behind him and I just don't like him personally. He took a paycheck to come to MLS didn't do **** and then tried to trash it when he left an he couldn't hack it. There's Mexican players I like: Gio, Chich mainly but I loathe Rafa Marquez

And I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss New Zealand talking about their pas record :lol: as if Mexico's run this cycle will be inciting fear in that team. They will park the bus like no other and they got decent results in the last WC and Mexico struggled to score a goal vs Jamaica, at HOME. These games are going to be one goal, 1-0 or 2-1 plus Chich is out game 1 on yellow cards not that he's done much recently but still. I wouldn't be shocked if NZ gives them a real challenge.

AJPlatinum I heard a rumor the US is trying to set a friendly with Iran up next year. Those are always cool to me how international play can help unite people even (not lookin good now but still) Egypt with their national team within the country. It would be cool bc while the countries may not align in their world views at all the players just go out and do it for the sport. And hey maybe it'll give people in both places a better view of the other thru sport, who knows?

Last edited:
Wow the El Tri hate is strong in here. The fact of the matter is, the US needs a strong El Tri since we compete in CONCACAF. They're the Yin to our Yang. It's certainly helped us build our program as well as the programs for other countries. If you don't understand that, I'm not going to bother explaining because I don't feel like wasting energy.

Do you really think the US should've thrown that game to keep Mexico out? Really?!?! That's one of the most ridiculous things I've read on this thread. Any true competitor should never even think about BS like that.

Are El Tri fans arrogant? Yes, but so are fans of other countries & teams. The Mexican side has a proud & rich history deservedly so.

I love this thread because (save for a little BS here & there) the stupidity levels shown in the other threads in S&T don't pop up in here too often, but people saying US should've lost, El Tri fans are arrogant, or Vucetich wasn't grateful enough post match interview are ridiculos... :rolleyes

PS - I love that Argentina shirt worn by the national team last night...

@CentreTransfer: Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund have found an agreement for Hummels for €35m. (Bild) #Transfers

I know it seemed he lost a bit of form late last campaign into the CL championship & I haven't been able to watch much BVB this campaign, but I still like Hummels. He's young enough & certainly capable of world class play to regain form (if he hasn't began to already). I would welcome this but that seems a little too high of a fee for my tastes...

Last edited:
:lol: At least we spend money homey.... JK sorta... :lol: Wenger/Kroenke so tight with the funds they shoulda been able to make diamonds "out they *****" to fund their transfer business. Glass houses. & such huh? :lol:

Thursday should be eventful for Gunners as they host their annual general meeting. Kroenke is set to appear. Wonder how the supporters will treat him.

Penalty!

ikzQgUfqGXwOJ.gif
Absolutely cannot stand this dude. One you minute you're praising his die-hard, always fighting attitude.  The next, you're wondering why such a talented player just wants to cheat all the time so badly. I understand the joint he pulled at the WC even though it was against my team. But this, and the biting...WTF?   I hope Uruguay doesn't make it.

laugh.gif
At least we spend money homey.... JK sorta...
laugh.gif
Wenger/Kroenke so tight with the funds they shoulda been able to make diamonds "out they *****" to fund their transfer business. Glass houses. & such huh?
laugh.gif

Thursday should be eventful for Gunners as they host their annual general meeting. Kroenke is set to appear. Wonder how the supporters will treat him.
Arsenal's in first place. They wont complain until Arsenal starts dropping out of competitions in January-March as always.

And to touch on what some of y'all were saying about Rafa Marquez, I'm surprised he didn't get a red card last night (even though there was a play were he should've gotten the straight red for stepping on dude while on the ground)

My FB Post last night read "Rafa Marquez Red coming in 3, 2, 1..."

Back
Top Bottom