The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Jorge Torres should've gotten a red for two HARD tackles (he got a yellow for one on Joel Campbell if i'm not mistaken) on the right flank in the span of like 10 mins in the 2nd half, even the Spanish language commentators were saying he was lucky the ref didn't give him a card the first time....

Chicha's had an awful qualifying campaign this year for El Tri. You'd think since he hasn't gotten alot of playing time for Man U, he'd make the most of his opportunities with El Tri but nada. He's almost been non existent the whole year (for El Tri) & I think he got a yellow last night which means he's suspended for the game against the Kiwis (right?). Is that addition by subtraction? What's up with Chica's poor form with El Tri.

Yea chicha has been in terrible form for el Tri. I'm wondering whats going on with gio though. Dude looked so off last night and the previous game too. Giving balls etc... I guess I too would be depressed if I knew I was playing for el tri lel.

What happened to Marco fabian and herrera?

I swear fabian has to be one of my favorite players to watch. Son just looks so ambicious on the pitch. Shows a lot of determination to score. I know son isn't the best, but he looks different than all the players out there just off of the fact that he looks like he wants to win.

Yea chicha has been in terrible form for el Tri. I'm wondering whats going on with gio though. Dude looked so off last night and the previous game too. Giving balls etc... I guess I too would be depressed if I knew I was playing for el tri lel.

I swear fabian has to be one of my favorite players to watch. Son just looks so ambicious on the pitch. Shows a lot of determination to score. I know son isn't the best, but he looks different than all the players out there just off of the fact that he looks like he wants to win.

**** Fabian, and this is coming from a die hard GUADALAJARA fan. Dude is the perfect example of what Joel Campbell was saying about Mexican players. This dude feels that he can play at 50% and still beat any team in concacaf (club or country).

Dude was left off the final list for the games vs Panama and CR. Instead of returning to Guadalajara on the first flight, he stayed in Mexico City and the Paps got him coming out drunk of a club, and just plain drinking it up for 3 days...smfh...

Random, but 9 years ago today Lionel Messi made his debut for Barcelona...

:smokin

In hindsight, Chepo's schemes led to awful attacks & bad midfield play which resulted in terrible service to Chica (as all strikers need service) but the times he would get the ball he'd turn it over or make awful decisions. He is much more talented/skilled than he's shown this far. It's very puzzling.

I didn't get to see Gio play since I was watching the US.

I think tanking the game last night would have intensified the USA-Mexico rivalry immensely. It would have lived on in history. Of course, throwing Mexico a helping hand also will go down in history.

My Mexican friends are in full denial mode right now. They refuse to acknowledge the events of yesterday. I truly believe if the shoe was on the other foot, Mexico would have lost on purpose

For those talking about Koke...

Manchester United are ready to activate the £16m release clause of Atletico Madrid midfielder Koke, 21, who is also a target for Barcelona.

If it's just a release clause, then with any other normal manager and executive, I would think this should be a done deal. £16m with maybe an extra 1m for agents, taxes etc.

Buuuuut, since we're talking about Moyes and Woodward, I'd assume a bid of 25-32m will come to the table, a full team of executives will be flown over to Spain, while Moyes expresses great interest throughout his press conferences and ultimately he will go to Barcelona for £16m on the dot.

Last edited:
There are rumors of Barca having a first right of refusal due to sending Villa to Atleti for a low transfer fee... He'd be a nice pick up in relation to losing Thiago. I'll believe this when I see it... It would be a crowded midfield next season with the existing players, Denis Suarez currently playing for the B squad, & adding Koke. Suarez is supposed to come up to the first team next season as a condition of his signing from Man City.

I've really liked what I've seen from Koke. His natural position is the center mid but Simeone has been playing him on the right side & his creativity/passing from that side has still been stellar. He's been called the next Xavi but I think people need to pump the brakes on that...

**** Fabian, and this is coming from a die hard GUADALAJARA fan. Dude is the perfect example of what Joel Campbell was saying about Mexican players. This dude feels that he can play at 50% and still beat any team in concacaf (club or country).

Dude was left off the final list for the games vs Panama and CR. Instead of returning to Guadalajara on the first flight, he stayed in Mexico City and the Paps got him coming out drunk of a club, and just plain drinking it up for 3 days...smfh...
damn dude, i don't really follow his club performances. I don't know, I'm guessing that olympic gold really got to him or something. But whenever I saw a game, he really displayed more effort than other players. Running, trying to make plays, etc... maybe I just caught him on days he actually felt motivated to give more than 50%.

Didn't get to see full highlights of Mexico vs Costa Rica until now. :smh: :x Wow, look at the miss from Chica... Good thing Peralta was there to clean up.

Didn't get to see full highlights of Mexico vs Costa Rica until now. :smh: :x Wow, look at the miss from Chica... Good thing Peralta was there to clean up.
did you catch the first one though? Chicha didn't put the ball in the net cus he was off by a step (meaning he was ahead of the pass) and the other player kicked it in, but was called offsides. I think that's how it went, either way, chicha is really off on his form.

edit, nevermind, this video has it lol. Second look and he really wasn't ahead of the pass liek that, son just didn't connect right.

Last edited:
Chica's miss in that vid in it of itself isn't bad, footballers will miss & sometimes miss badly but taken into context of his form this year for El Tri, it's terrible & indicative of his play this year. At this stage of the game, if he continues to make the squad, it's based on name only. I hope he can pull it together.

And for the record, that goal should've been valid. The GK was in front of both Mexican players, therefore annulling the offside rule...

Everyone is pointing out how USMNT saved Mexico...but what in f*^*$ sake was PANAMA doing :smh::x. You can barely score two goals in stoppage time in FIFA, how you gonna let USA of all teams do that to you minutes away from a ticket to the WC.

The USA-Mexico rivalry is a lot of gloating back and forth, but what took place yesterday was beyond that, just a disgrace to the sport.

I think tanking the game last night would have intensified the USA-Mexico rivalry immensely. It would have lived on in history. Of course, throwing Mexico a helping hand also will go down in history.

My Mexican friends are in full denial mode right now. They refuse to acknowledge the events of yesterday. I truly believe if the shoe was on the other foot, Mexico would have lost on purpose

Agreed. I'll say this again because it can't be stressed enough - Mexico would have lost that game if our World Cup chances depended on it. They would have laughed straight to the group stages of the WC doing so. There is no doubt.

I root for the US national team, but to be honest I don't really care them or Concacaf. Portugal is my team, it's my heart.

So I'm trying to put myself in the same situation as last night; with Portugal being the US and Mexico being Spain (our rivals). There is no doubt I'd root for Portugal to lose the game so Spain couldn't make the World Cup. Actually, it's not just Spain - it could be Germany, Italy, England, Holland - any team considered a regional rival and a threat to my national team, I want gone, I want them embarrassed, I want them to cry.

That my friend is what a rivalry should be, so I don't blame any US fans who were pissed they gave Mexico an opportunity at the World Cup. You can't blame them for feeling that way, you can't ridicule them for wanting Mexico out. This is sports at its best. If the US cared about football like the rest of the planet, they would have wanted to lose last night.

Last edited:
I honestly don't know how to feel about what happened last night. Should I be mad at the US or be happy for Mexico? Idk, the US has been on a streak of wins this year (aside from their previous loss) but can you blame them for winning? If it was Mexico vs us and Mexico was in Panamas shoes, I'm pretty sure the US would have given no damns and tried to add another end to that sheet like they did panama. I'm just trying to figure out my feelings gais. Mexico doesn't deserve to get the second chance they got. Unless someone got a hold of kinsmen and told him he'd be rewarded handsomely if they beat panama. :lol: the thought of it
Either way, it was too crazy and now we're here. Panama is out and Mexico plays the kiwis in November. Will Vucetich get the squad running with more time on his belt? Will mexico perform at a decent level if they go to the World Cup? Is Vucetich going to get canned if Mexico underperforms or loses to the kiwis? He needs more time and I think he can make a great team out if Mexico once the players adapt to his system. They need to improve that back and forth passing, tiki-taka-ish thing to get through the defense IMO. I'm so used to seeing it on roads with bayern now that anything else just looks petty lol.

It would be the craziest thing if the MNT decided to bring a European coach like Heynecks to coach the team!!! Lol to dream...

Last edited:
As a Guatemalan/Argentine I dislike Mexico because their fans and the spanish media think they are God's gift to Futbol. Have any of you heard David Feitelson on Espn Deportes belittle every team in America? He once said Mexico should be qualifying in Conmebol with Argentina and Brazil cuz they are a world power. He also said Concacaf didnt deserve a 4th world cup spot since only Mexico was worth anything in Concacaf. Anyway im sorta glad Mexico is alive cuz Univison would have probably boycotted the world cup and not shown us any games or given us world cup specials lol
:lol: so true

Was THIS close to crying... I was already thinking about buying a plane ticket to NZ and watch the game out there. After that showing, not sure if I should waste my money...

Mexico will be in the WC. I'll delete my profile here if they don't.
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Neither of them will win the cup in the end, whatever

he's right, when we have a world cup thread we should only be allowed to discuss germany, spain, brazil, and argentina.

And Belgium and Italy.

And England for the lulz.

:lol:

rocketsoy0.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom