The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

The final 4...1st and 4th ones are insane

Bout time they upgraded bernabeu, I've been there and I wasn't impressed at all.

Those designs look amazing tho. How are they going to build it tho during the season?

what? you werent impressed by the bernabeu? Easily the best stadium in spain. Deff top 3 stadiums I have ever been to

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/465/...s-mull-boycotting-ligue-1-games-over-tax-hike

By Shane Callaghan
Oct 16, 2013 6:53:00 PM
The government's decision to raise the levies to 75 percent next year could see many of the country's top teams refuse to play fixtures in protest.

A number Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 clubs are considering boycotting fixtures in the near future following the government's decision to raise tax on them to 75 percent.

The Union of Professional Football Clubs [UCPF] was reportedly unanimous in deciding it would oppose the pending increase on solidarity tax - to be applied next year - which is only applicable to clubs whose employees earn more than 1 million euros a year.

Olympique Lyonnais president Jean-Michel Aulas has confirmed that his club is among those mulling over the option of striking, which the 64-year-old believes is an "act of survival".

He told BUT: "I heard [Lille president] Michel Seydoux say he was prepared to file for bankruptcy if the tax were maintained. This is not a game, it should be understood that this is an act of survival in an environment where we had a lot of disappointment in the past. There is talk of a tax kills tax. If employers cannot pay this tax, there is no alternative. I prefer to see it as an alarm rather than a threat."

Asked when the boycott could take place, Aulas responded: "I am not qualified to answer that, but very soon, perhaps the coming days."

Saint-Etienne president Bernard Caiazzo, who is also the vice president of the UCPF, Bernard said that refusing to play fixtures is one of the options amid discussions among clubs.

"Boycott? Anything is possible. The tensions are high," he told reporters.

Le Havre president Jean-Pierre Louvel added that a decision is set to be made before the end of the month about how to counter the government's plans to bump levies on clubs.

"Different scenarios were mentioned," he said. "Professional clubs displayed a clear intention [to oppose the tax]. This will depend on the attitude and discussions with the government and the willingness of our clubs. We've decided to convene an extraordinary general meeeting for Oct. 24."

^ Then I guess he's going to look forward to a 75% tax rate next year... :D :rolleyes

anybody else think januzaj is overated and balotelli will never reach his potential?

I don't think there is enough of a body of work to say Januzaj is overrated. Scoring 2 goals in your debut for Man U no less is a pretty big deal. He's very young so the sky is the limit for this kid. Talent/technical ability are definitely there, he will just need to show consistently along with his talent & ability by working hard on & off the pitch.

I love watching Mario play. I root for him. Having said that, this is the best we'll ever see of Mario. He doesn't seem to have the right people around him & I don't think he'll mature beyond what he is now.

Last edited:
Rumors of Mexico appointing a new coach. The passion will be restored.

icGBCgE75wg0q.gif

anybody else think januzaj is overated and balotelli will never reach his potential?

Balo seems to have Allen Iverson, Tracy McGrady, Randy Moss syndrome. Raw talent is enough to be a star but the proper attitude/work ethic is needed to keep improving and advancing your skills to take your career to greater heights

Back
Top Bottom