The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

^ I hope Balo proves my opinion wrong. He is already a beast and still young. However, his attitude is very volatile. He is his biggest opponent imo

The Mexican Federation is trash. They hire a coach and fire him after 2 games! They expected Vucetich to fix that disaster of a team in 2 games?

to be fair i dont see how germany is already thinking about extending Joachim Löw's contract.. I would have waited for after this world cup. Hes a good manager but Germany should have won atleast one of these tournaments already

Code:
Yea, plenty Uncle Jada. I've actually been to the soccer stadium they call the Emirates, the one you're so fond of. It is quite a beautiful place.
Most of the stadiums i have been to in europe have been old.. the emirates is one of the newest so it doesnt suprise me that your quite fond ot it. I however am more interested in the history/atmosphere of stadiums and the bernabau was awesome. I will be at the allianz arena and the Stadio Olimpico in december (which will be my first game in italy, so im looking forward to seeing the atmosphere/stadium life)

to be fair i dont see how germany is already thinking about extending Joachim Löw's contract.. I would have waited for after this world cup. Hes a good manager but Germany should have won atleast one of these tournaments already

Disagree.

Made the Euro 08 Final: Lost to historically great Spain team

2010 WC Semi-final: Finished 3rd after semi-final L to eventual champion and historically great Spain side. Could have very well made the WC Final had they been in the Netherlands/Uruguay bracket.

Euro 2012: Semifinal L to Italy was considered a disappointment, but Italy wound up get whomped 4-0 anyways by...the historically great Spain side. Also, Germany didn't really have a lot of in prime talent.

I honestly think Germany's best will come in Euro 2016, but they'll definitely be a stronger side this time around than Euro '12.

Not gunna lie, I wanted a team to challenge Spain's dominance in Euro 2012 so badly, that I convinced myself Germany were a better team than they actually were. And I think a lot of other fans did the same. But you look back at how stacked that Spain team was and there was no way they Germany was close to touching that level.

again, i said I would have waited till after this world cup.. with the talent they have currently and now experience in tournaments.. no reason germany shouldnt make that final and even win...

again, i said I would have waited till after this world cup.. with the talent they have currently and now experience in tournaments.. no reason germany shouldnt make that final and even win...

yes you did say that, and you also said...

but Germany should have won atleast one of these tournaments already

neither of us are right, we're both entitled to our own opinions. just find it strange that you didn't either defend your opinion, or change your mind which is fine to do.

and I guess while we're at it...

Mexico: 8 coaches in 6 years

Germany: 10 coaches...

...since 1926!

clearly the DFB way isn't to always have coaches in the hotseat. sometimes it does well to have security, a clear sense of direction, and continuity. that stat is amazing.

it also ends any negativity that can come from media speculation and puts the coach at ease. And just because you extend a contract doesn't mean you can't ever fire a coach either. So in being consistent with their successful model, I see no problem with the move.

and lastly...I think the realistic target from Germany's football federation members would be to make the semi's. it's the middle point where anything less would be considered failure, and anything more success.

there are a lot of reasons why Germany shouldn't make/win the final. No European team has ever won a WC in South America or Central America. And nobody would be shocked if they lost to Brazil, Spain, Argentina. Italy also tends to overachieve in International tournaments, and the Netherlands and Belgium are two teams with firepower that can get hot.

We all know the WC isn't the NBA playoffs where it's a best of 7. One mistake, facing a team on the wrong day when they're clicking, one spectacular goal by the opponent (shout out to Van Bronckhorst) could be the difference between a team advancing and going home.

Last edited:
lol ok.. i didnt go into detail because i wouldnt say i cant agree with what all you were saying.. you made valid points.. I really thought germany could have done more the last euro as well, especially since spain didnt have a solid striker, but them not doing well simply sells your point about them being overrated by fans. I just cannot see keeping a manager who has had a team with this amount of talent and has not one a single trophy. That could be a knee jerk reaction especially since spain has been so dominant (again your point being valid), but spain does look to be on the decline (if thats even possible) so expecting more our of germany only makes sense. Anything less than a final appearance from this team would have to be viewed as a let down.

Loew has just signed on for another two years.

Wenger says that Ozil, Sanga and Santi are fit and ready to go

Most of the stadiums i have been to in europe have been old.. the emirates is one of the newest so it doesnt suprise me that your quite fond ot it. I however am more interested in the history/atmosphere of stadiums and the bernabau was awesome. I will be at the allianz arena and the Stadio Olimpico in december (which will be my first game in italy, so im looking forward to seeing the atmosphere/stadium life)

I like the history and atmosphere as well, but that's not what I was talking about. Real isn't that type of team either that does things traditionally, this is the most glamorized team in the world along with the Yankees and Lakers. The team that spends 100 million euros on a glorified left-back lol. The atmosphere was great tho, the fans are wonderful. I'm just talking stadium-wise. I would have expected a remodel during the galactico years. But what they have in the blueprints now for the remodel looks great, it's going to look amazing.

Never been to Alianz but I've been to Olimpico plenty when I studied in Rome. It's a big stadium as well, but it's rarely full to capacity. Half of it is usually empty. The atmosphere won't be as great unless you sit with the goons, so make sure to do that if you're looking for the experience.

I know he's old now, but damn the Captain is back...

Being American, would've loved to hear Rocky's Getting Strong Now as the soundtrack... :lol:

#PuyolisBack :smokin

It's much more than that. Specially over the last 9 months or so...

This was a great article explaining everything, thanks. I want to see a video of him speaking with the Spanish accent that all the Mexicans were unhappy about. :lol:

Accent wasn't even that present. There was an article published by a famous (and often despised) Mexican Soccer agent about a month ago. He makes a lot of valid, and interesting points. Vela (Carlos) hasn't and never will feel attached to anybody, or atleast won't allow himself to show it to the world. He left his home when he was 12, his country when he was 16. People in his own family have been quoted as saying that he'll go days, weeks, sometimes even months without communicating with his immediate family.

Carlos used to show great affection to his father. He would dedicate his goals to him, that has stopped. Alejandro (his brother and also a footballer) has said that his brother is very hard to understand at times, and has learned to give him his space.

Me personally, I love his game and hate his actions off the pitch. I remember when Mexico was going to play Colombia in Estadio Omnilfe in Guadalajara, a reporter asked Vela how he felt about playing in Guadalajara and in the new stadium that Chivas had. his reply? "Nothing". Reporter asked what u mean nothing, this is Chivas stadium, this is the team that rose you to fame. He abruptly stopped him and said, I don't owe them anything. I never played for them, my debut wasn't with them, I don't owe them nothing". :nerd:

The day Mexico played against Honduras, Vela tweeted who do u think will win? People assumed he was talking about the Soccer game. No, he was talking about NBA2k14 vs Antoinne Griezmann, and then uploaded a pic on IG with the caption "no worries in the world" or something like that...

Herrera confirmed as new Mexico coach...but only for the next two games. FMF already announced that they will meet again in December to determine next move.

FFS, Mexico... :lol:

One thing I've learned in life when it comes to sports is that we often project our own "romantic" notions on how players should feel about being a pro athlete or how they should feel playing for a certain team (that's rich in tradition & history). Most athletes don't give a crap about stuff like that, especially this younger generation.

I know we had a short conversation about this when people didn't like and/or understand why Gotze left Dortmund for Bayern. It's just a job that pays good money to a lot of these younger guys & they love the lifestyle that accompanies it.

It is what it is...

Chiva, do you have the video tho?

Guess Vela is concerned more about his money and his career than the national team. Can't blame him too much, he's had a tough ride in Europe. But the lacking of national pride is concerning. He'll probably never live in Mexico again.

That's down the street from my house too. That was shot around the USC campus...

Don't recognize the USC scenes, but a lot of it was also filmed at UCSB, you can tell in multiple clips. Either way, a good showing for the women of California :smokin

Back
Top Bottom