The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

roma should be in europe smh

but not playing extra games might be the reason they're off to such a historic start

That Puyol vid is bawse. Never considered dude to be that athletic. 
laugh.gif

I swear work is killing my footy intake. Totally forgot Roma played today. We got the win against Napoli? Wonder if where still "lucky" or if people will take us seriously now.

Regardless of who he was talking to lets dead it now fellas. Soccer RULES!
Sure? Wasn't about to start a back and forth over something so petty. I find it a bit strange when people (yes, you are part of these people) choose to include themselves with a team or something of the sort. It's so weird to me that people choose to identify and label themselves to something that is bigger than themselves. I can't identify myself with something that is bigger than my own existence, meh.

Sure? Wasn't about to start a back and forth over something so petty. I find it a bit strange when people (yes, you are part of these people) choose to include themselves with a team or something of the sort. It's so weird to me that people choose to identify and label themselves to something that is bigger than themselves. I can't identify myself with something that is bigger than my own existence, meh.

As I was reading that I was looking at your avy, I thought I was watching a episode of Ancient Aliens for a sec.

It's much more than that. Specially over the last 9 months or so...

This was a great article explaining everything, thanks. I want to see a video of him speaking with the Spanish accent that all the Mexicans were unhappy about. :lol:

Accent wasn't even that present. There was an article published by a famous (and often despised) Mexican Soccer agent about a month ago. He makes a lot of valid, and interesting points. Vela (Carlos) hasn't and never will feel attached to anybody, or atleast won't allow himself to show it to the world. He left his home when he was 12, his country when he was 16. People in his own family have been quoted as saying that he'll go days, weeks, sometimes even months without communicating with his immediate family.

Carlos used to show great affection to his father. He would dedicate his goals to him, that has stopped. Alejandro (his brother and also a footballer) has said that his brother is very hard to understand at times, and has learned to give him his space.

Me personally, I love his game and hate his actions off the pitch. I remember when Mexico was going to play Colombia in Estadio Omnilfe in Guadalajara, a reporter asked Vela how he felt about playing in Guadalajara and in the new stadium that Chivas had. his reply? "Nothing". Reporter asked what u mean nothing, this is Chivas stadium, this is the team that rose you to fame. He abruptly stopped him and said, I don't owe them anything. I never played for them, my debut wasn't with them, I don't owe them nothing". :nerd:

The day Mexico played against Honduras, Vela tweeted who do u think will win? People assumed he was talking about the Soccer game. No, he was talking about NBA2k14 vs Antoinne Griezmann, and then uploaded a pic on IG with the caption "no worries in the world" or something like that...

sounds like he was never loved/hugged/etc growing up :nerd: :nerd:

also just kinda crazy :nerd: . wonder whats wrong

Last edited:
Chiva, do you have the video tho?

Guess Vela is concerned more about his money and his career than the national team. Can't blame him too much, he's had a tough ride in Europe. But the lacking of national pride is concerning. He'll probably never live in Mexico again.

sounds like he was never loved/hugged/etc growing up :nerd: :nerd:

also just kinda crazy :nerd: . wonder whats wrong

He has complained before that he felt used by his family. To some extent, I understand. His older brother should feel this way if anything. He was the first to bring the money in, he supported the family when his dad stopped working. They used him to get to his younger brother (Carlos). Heck, I think Chivas kept him long enough 'til Carlos was of use ($$$) as soon as they sold him, he was gone too...

Pretty damn petty you would nitpick him because he said "we"

Just had to throw my two cents :lol:

Hope city get 3 points today...never confident with this squad when they're on the road

Back
Top Bottom