The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Already planning on wearing my Eto'o jersey to school tomorrow. watch the first half at the school's pub then still debating if I should skip class
laugh.gif
, it's only one of my filmmaking classes
laugh.gif

I'll be proudly wearing my Drogba jersey tomorrow. Although Ill have to watch the game on a laptop in class 
tired.gif

Would rather see all spanish final than Real v Chelski. Atletico denying la decima would be :smokin. Can't stand Chelsea's tactics but it seems to work in big games. Hoping for some goals (yes plural) tomorrow

It would have been if Pep didn't come **** **** up.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Bayern were ******* Galactus last year. Beating the former best team in the world 7-0 on aggreggate with wayyyyy less possession.
They played direct no nonsense football and now Pep turned them into the very thing they picked apart
Bruh, I was telling my friend the same thing and I've been preaching that last years Bayerns was literally the creme de la creme in every facet of football. They were on another level!

Tiki-taka is cool and all, but it's past it's days. It's a form of football that needs to adapt to the current standards of the elite squads. The possession aspect literally means nothing when you have competition like RM or dortmund with fast counters that don't rely on possessing the ball for the whole game. I mean, this years Man. U. beat them in the first leg :x

Tactically, the only squad in Germany today that can give teams like RM a serious run for their money is Dortmund.

I believe that one of the reasons Bayern were able to dominate the German league was because German teams lack experience countering possession based football, unlike dortmund or last years Bayern. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I mean, last years bayern literally picked apart barcelona. It was amazing :x

intriguing scenarios pending results tomorrow jose vs. his old team, jose vs. athletico again, jose's 3rd title, carlo's 3rd title, madrid derby final

Looks like Neymar started a trend. Aguero with Brazilian singer Marta, Tottenham players Nacer Chadli and Mousa Dembel, Spain and Sky German TV personalities, & even Balo's girlfriend Fanny (sans banana) took pics in support of Alves...

Marta plays for the Brazil women's team. Multiple time 5x FIFA World-Player of the year (now called the Ballon d'Or)  
mean.gif

Bayern started off the campaign scorching hot though. They ran through early stages of CL and made Man City look silly as well. Seems about march is when they started to slip. Maybe it was winning the league early and not having that fire but I wonder if it were something else.

No excuse for a team of that caliber to get beat that bad on your home pitch.

Last edited:
Bayern started off the campaign scorching hot though. They ran through early stages of CL and made Man City look silly as well. Seems about march is when they started to slip. Maybe it was winning the league early and not having that fire but I wonder if it were something else.

No excuse for a team of that caliber to get beat that bad on your home pitch.

I read somewhere they only won 4 of their last 10 matches since winning the league in March.

I read somewhere they only won 4 of their last 10 matches since winning the league in March.

To be fair they have played weakened teams in alot of them games,
But Bayern looked so slow on the ball last night, actually was hard to watch, Real Madrid played the counter game so nice,
Bale and Ronaldo on the break >

Good for Real so happy they won and what a fun game to watch.

I really didn't think bayern played horribly i thought madrid played that well. Every single defender and mid fielder were behind the ball all game. The work rate by Modric and Di Maria and Carvajal and Coentroa they wanted this game. Ramos, Pepe and Alonso back there playing some of the best defense i have seen in forever. Constantly kept great shape and shut down the center of the field. Everything had to come in from the outside there was no openings at all from the middle. Then they won every header that came in from the outside as well.
I was utterly impressed.

Ronnie's free kick goal.....come on....really. Dude missed two free kicks earlier in the game badly and the last one he hit the wall. He must have known they jumped each time and had it planned to go under them. What a play. How ballsy to go for it. Dude is a boss. I also didn't think the Alonso foul was yellow card worthy. He pulled out of it at the end. Sucks that he will miss the final that is a big blow.

Still shocked at how lifeless that Munich performance was. No cutting edge, no incisive passes...... nothing. Schwrinsteiger and Kroos didn't do much to help the defense either. Looking back I think Martinez should have played in front of the back 4.

Good for Real so happy they won and what a fun game to watch.

I really didn't think bayern played horribly i thought madrid played that well. Every single defender and mid fielder were behind the ball all game. The work rate by Modric and Di Maria and Carvajal and Coentroa they wanted this game. Ramos, Pepe and Alonso back there playing some of the best defense i have seen in forever. Constantly kept great shape and shut down the center of the field. Everything had to come in from the outside there was no openings at all from the middle. Then they won every header that came in from the outside as well.
I was utterly impressed.

Ronnie's free kick goal.....come on....really. Dude missed two free kicks earlier in the game badly and the last one he hit the wall. He must have known they jumped each time and had it planned to go under them. What a play. How ballsy to go for it. Dude is a boss. I also didn't think the Alonso foul was yellow card worthy. He pulled out of it at the end. Sucks that he will miss the final that is a big blow.

I genuinely believed, everyone sitting on yellows should have been pulled off once the lead was established. Think about the next game, not just the next 45m.

Goetze should come on earlier than ~70 mins in, he had opportunities both legs

You really think he was going to put Bayern on his back and pull an Ole Gunnar? I doubt it.

Anti-racism banana campaign was PLANNED by Neymar, Dani Alves and marketing firm
Wednesday 30 Apr 2014 11:29 am

The anti-racism banana campaign that is sweeping across social media was the pre-planned brainchild of Neymar, Dani Alves and a marketing firm, according to reports in Spain.

Pictures of prominent personalities eating bananas flooded the internet after Barcelona ace Neymar posted a similar snap of himself in support of Dani Alves, accompanied by the hashtag ‘#WeAreAllMonkeys’.

However, Spanish paper AS claims that it was a campaign planned well in advance, after the Brazilian duo were racially abused at Espanyol back in late March.

Together with marketing agency Loducca, Neymar and Alves planned to eat the next banana thrown at them live in front of a TV audience, and use that moment to kick-start a social media campaign.

Within minutes of Alves eating a banana thrown at him on the pitch, Neymar tweeted his picture, which has been mimicked by a host of high-profile sportsmen, celebrities and political figures.

Guga Ketzer, partner in advertising agency Loducca, who allegedly worked on the project with Brazilian marketers Meio e Mensagen and the Neymar camp, told AS: ‘Actions speak louder than words.’

‘A gesture needs no translation and what we’re seeing is that this has gone viral, globally. The idea was for Neymar to eat the banana, but in the end it was Alves, and that works just the same.

‘The best way to beat prejudice is to take the sting out of the racist action so it isn’t repeated.

‘We created #somostodosmacacos and #weareallmonkeys, with the gesture of eating a banana, and it has been turned into a movement.’

http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/30/anti-...neymar-dani-alves-and-marketing-firm-4713797/

The title makes it almost sound like they planned to have banana thrown at them during the match :lol:

Smart thinking on their part tho if they knew some sort if racism was coming their way

Hazard and Terry will play. Starting 11 Schwarzer, Ivanovic, Terry, Caholl, Azpilicueta, Luiz, Ramires, Willian, Oscar, Hazard and Eto'o 

Strong offensive team for Mou, he is going for the kill tonight

Back
Top Bottom