The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

At this point they're just going to wait to fire Moyes, till the season is over. Avoid a circus during the end of the season.

Qatar Is Canceling Four Of Its 12 Planned World Cup Stadiums

RELATED

Qatar's Reportedly Using Slave Labor to Prepare for the 2022 World Cup
Grim news has emerged from Qatar, where preparations for the 2022 World Cup are underway. Even though construction on the stadiums has yet to begin,… Read…
After a year of ballooning costs, delays, and controversy over its labor practices, Qatar is cutting back. According to a report from Bloomberg Businessweek, organizers have decided to drastically scale back plans to construct a dozen new stadiums for the 2022 World Cup.

Though no official reason was given for cutting four stadiums from the country's plans, an analyst told Businessweek that the decision was "motivated by cost-cutting following an assessment of the real needs on the ground." Qatar is planning to spend at least $200 billion building infrastructure and buildings for the World Cup. That includes gigantic air-conditioning systems planned for some venues, because summer temperatures in Qatar can hover around 122 Fahrenheit.

The subtext to all this? The growing outrage from human rights groups (and the general public) over the hair-raising conditions of the construction workers building these stadiums. Just two months ago, the International Trade Union Confederation estimated that 4,000 workers would die during construction, while Amnesty International had its own grim report just a few months before.

Qatar should not host the WC. If they're trying to host it in an Islamic country, it'd be a better fit for Turkey, they're capable. The reports from Qatar are just :x

Qatar should not host the WC. If they're trying to host it in an Islamic country, it'd be a better fit for Turkey, they're capable. The reports from Qatar are just :x

Nothing short of criminal :smh:
I wonder how much money was used to buy votes. It's common sense not to have it in a place that gets so damn hot during the summer. Now, well in 2015, they're gonna vote to see if it should be played during the winter and it shouldn't even have to come down to that, what a damn mess :smh:

I wonder how much money was used to buy votes. It's common sense not to have it in a place that gets so damn hot during the summer. Now, well in 2015, they're gonna vote to see if it should be played during the winter and it shouldn't even have to come down to that, what a damn mess :smh:
it's just not the weather, it's the country. It's smaller then Michigan, it makes no damn sense. At leastb turkey is big enough and has enough money to legally build these stadiums. All these stadiums being built in Qatar for what? So they can use for a couple months then never use again. It was such a poor decision.

I'm all for an Islamic country getting the WC, it's about time - but Qatar had to be the worst choice. Dat bribery :smh:

Put it in North America or England or anywhere but the Middle East please
Eh, I doubt the USA would want to host it, Canada can't for some reason, Mexico can though :pimp: :nerd:

Didn't Japan say they would take it if it was stripped from Qatar? That would be pretty dope.

Either way, theres just too much money involved and I'm assuming, too many already paid off, to even try and take it away from Qatar.

Money talks.

Isn't Canada hosting the women's WC? :nerd:

Mexico and America should make a joint proposal to take over the '22 WC if Qatar gets cited for human rights violation, human trafficking, slavery, etc

it's just not the weather, it's the country. It's smaller then Michigan, it makes no damn sense. At leastb turkey is big enough and has enough money to legally build these stadiums. All these stadiums being built in Qatar for what? So they can use for a couple months then never use again. It was such a poor decision.

I'm all for an Islamic country getting the WC, it's about time - but Qatar had to be the worst choice. Dat bribery :smh:

True, it's size slipped my mind. A lot of reports don't bring that point up, the fact that it is so small.
Nothing like bribery to make a dumb choice look so damn good

Put it in North America or England or anywhere but the Middle East please
Eh, I doubt the USA would want to host it, Canada can't for some reason, Mexico can though :pimp: :nerd:

Didn't Japan say they would take it if it was stripped from Qatar? That would be pretty dope.

Either way, theres just too much money involved and I'm assuming, too many already paid off, to even try and take it away from Qatar.

Money talks.

Yea, I believe Japan would be next in line and I think the US is not too far behind them if it was taken away from Qatar. Most likely it would go to Japan. I agree, would be pretty dope.

Isn't Canada hosting the women's WC? :nerd:

Mexico and America should make a joint proposal to take over the '22 WC if Qatar gets cited for human rights violation, human trafficking, slavery, etc

Yea, they are hosting the women's WC 2015.

Hopefully the US can get it in '26

i dont even know what to think guys i would hope they wait till the end cause its silly to do it with a month or so left but the higher ups will probably do it tomorrow (today in some places) or the next loss or draw i think

i dont even know what to think guys i would hope they wait till the end cause its silly to do it with a month or so left but the higher ups will probably do it tomorrow (today in some places) or the next loss or draw i think

Yea, at this point I figured they might as well just wait until the end of the season. But Giggs getting three weeks of being the interim under his belt, I would imagine United fans see this is rather positive.

@ManUtd: BREAKING: Manchester United announces that David Moyes has left the club. (part 1 of 2) #mufc

@ManUtd: BREAKING: The club would like to place on record its thanks for the hard work, honesty and integrity he brought to the role. (part 2 of 2)

wow
eek.gif

it... really... happened.... didn't think it would be this soon at all
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom