The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

If I was Moyes, the entire back four would be overhauled. Maybe let Jones have a CB spot, but I would bring in another CB and two brand new fullbacks. Man United's fullbacks have not played well at all this season

Cue Coupe coming in and attempting to sell Porto's defenders to any United officials that might be lurking.

Last edited:
@TNC_Ligue1 Bastia display after they relegated their rivals Ajaccio.
BlrzOXsIEAEttqQ.jpg

:rofl: :rofl:

thats hilarious!

this is such a tough year man for the first time all year i wanted moyes' head to display outside my home but i went into this season expecting nothing except the shield so i got what i hoped for i guess by no means do i want him sacked, i just want him to re think his tactics they just dont work at all i miss short beautiful passing play in and around the box :frown:

He has no tactics.

Going to the wing and crossing it in, is NOT a tactic.

Especially when your target man is sitting on the bench for the entire 90m.

He doesn't respond to goals, he doesn't change anything at at point of the game, all he does is throw on more attackers, and goto the wing and cross the ball.

He doesn't get why there's no chances, cause every single team in the PL has figured out that he never goes up the middle of the park.

A statement said: "Paddy Power sent their very own Grim Reaper into Goodison Park this afternoon, sitting just a stone’s throw away from the troubled United manager.

"Paddy Power’s Grim Reaper, the black-cloaked, scythe-wielding personification of when your time is up, signalled what many United fans – and the bean-counters at Old Trafford - are thinking."

Dressing up as Death proved to be effective in the first half as Everton lead Manchester United 2-0.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-vs-manchester-united-grim-3436863#ixzz2zVQbyPxS
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

hey @CoupeIt88,look away now...

View media item 929725

Benfica win Portuguese Liga title

Benfica claimed their 33rd Liga title on Sunday night with a 2-0 win over Olhanense at the Estadio da Luz.
Lima scored in the 57th and 60th minutes to secure the capital club's first title since 2010 with two games to spare.
Jorge Jesus' men lost their first league game of the season 2-1 away at Maritimo but have not been beaten since and romped to the championship on the back of 11 straight wins.
They now have a quadruple in their sights with a Portuguese Cup final against Rio Ave to come along with semi-finals in the Europa League against Juventus and the Portuguese League Cup against Porto.

Wow, I did not think that he would be fired this early into his tenure. I would have given him at least two seasons :smh:

:smh: for actually sympathizing with him. I don't like to see anyone lose their job

I'm not one for rash decisions but I think Moyes getting sacked is the right thing to do. His sides have looked utterly lost this campaign devoid of any shape, preparation, & worst of all leadership on & off the pitch. His line-ups have been awful too. I'd be very scared of letting Moyes loose with a big transfer budget. I don't think Carvalho is a good fit for this team.

I'd also be wary of Woodward. Good on the business side but ****e on the football side.

I don't think van Gaal is the answer. His best days are behind him now. United fans should be very leery of this hire.

If I was Moyes, the entire back four would be overhauled. Maybe let Jones have a CB spot, but I would bring in another CB and two brand new fullbacks. Man United's fullbacks have not played well at all this season

Rafael can stay i like Jones and Evans but everyone else can go

Jones has been ball watching every game I've seen. He got caught flat footed & watched Mirallas run right by him to score. It was shameful really. Can you imagine how SAF would've reacted to Jones in the locker room?

View media item 929797

eiddy, what happened to Jones & Smalling? Shouldn't they have been the future CBs of the team? Can another manager turn them around or is United better off getting 2 new CBs & a fullback?

So what's the excuse gonna be when Messi fails to win the WC this Summer? :lol:

On a serious note, Chicharito going to Atletico would be the best move for him. If that Costa move to Chelsea happens.

Diego Simeone is doing a phenomenal job for the talent he has. I trust he can bring Chicha back into form.

Looks like Giggs will take over for the rest of the season... Every site is starting to pick this up... Woodward should be demoted too...

Last edited:
eiddy, what happened to Jones & Smalling? Shouldn't they have been the future CBs of the team? Can another manager turn them around or is United better off getting 2 new CBs & a fullback?
Jones needs to develop at one position, we played him everywhere at defense. I keep them both, we are losing evra, vidic , and rio. No sense in dumping everybody and trying to rebuild rapidly with an entire new back line.

Jones has talent. He's proven that. But playing him everywhere hasn't exactly helped his defensive skills. If he is to be a CB, then he should be played day in and day out as a CB. Moving him around, has forced him to think of transitional play and moving forward, while also defending. He should have more tighter restrictions, and we'll see the best out of him.

Smalling is a strange one. Not sure he's United material. He tries sometimes, and sometimes, he gets the job done, but more often than not, silly mistakes. In the last match, I saw him running up the pitch like a winger. What on earth was he doing that high on the right hand site?

I think a strong manager who actually has a plan, can turn things around. A manager who's willing to find a starting lineup, and work with them, build confidence in them, and familiarity with them. It's like Moyes was playing FIFA, just selecting what he thought was the best starting lineup on paper.

Back
Top Bottom