The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

@102greatgoals PSG owner Nasser Al Khelaifi looked like his head was going to explode after Demba Ba's winner for Chelsea
BkwnN6oCIAA40MA.jpg
abramovic_2405501b.jpg

Jose has said that managing a NT is an old man's job and it'll be a long time if he ever does.

Other droplets about Atletico Barca game

AS English @English_AS  ·  5h ago

Messi ran 6.8km tonight. 1.5km more than Pinto.

Courtois' loan deal to Atleti includes a payment clause if the keeper plays against Chelsea. 3 million euros a game.

Atleti boss Cerezo has already said the club "wouldn't be able to pay that amount".

Oh and as a chelsea fan I'm not 100% sure we'll get the trophy but I wonder if there's any Ancelloti vs. Mourinho stats out there.

Alt madrid presidents confirms they will not be playing Courtouis if they draw Chelsea

Athletico looked good yesterday....the only team left that i want to win is Real. But judging by how they played against BVB last game....not looking good for them.

Bayern looked like themselves yesterday. Its crazy the pressure Robbin and Ribery put on a defense. Literally when they needed a goal....Ribery blew by whoever was out there marking him Evra or Valencia 2-3 times and played it in the box. On Muller's go ahead he played it over everyone it fell to robben...who did the same thing :lol: Every single time they are going at people and their success rate is crazy.

Oh and Evra's goal :x :x :x what a strike

Alt madrid presidents confirms they will not be playing Courtouis if they draw Chelsea

I wonder if they will change their mind if they meet in the finals.

I hope it's bAyern vs athletico and chelsea vs real. Makes sense in terms of 1/4 and 2/3 if they were ranked in order. Plus I don't want to see the two Madrid teams play in three more games and chelsea and bAyern would be a snooze fest.

I didn't think Bayern were all that good over the 2 ties, They keep possesion well but it seems that the team clearly relying on Robben \ Ribery out wide on nearly every possesion,
Not just being biased but I honestly think they were there for the taking last night, I would love to see what Atletico can do against them because I think Atletico's style of high tempo play would give Bayern serious problems

Last edited:
:rofl: Man I jumped off my coach when Ba scored that goal. i understand how Cundy feels :lol:

Last edited:
I didn't think Bayern were all that good over the 2 ties, They keep possesion well but it seems that the team clearly relying on Robben \ Ribery out wide on nearly every possesion,
Not just being biased but I honestly think they were there for the taking last night, I would love to see what Atletico can do against them because I think Atletico's style of high tempo play would give Bayern serious problems

That's because they weren't even playing hard. :lol:

They knew a 0-0 draw would send them through. After United scored, they woke up and turned on the heat and were clearly the better team for the rest of the match.

They knew a 0-0 draw would send them through. After United scored, they woke up and turned on the heat and were clearly the better team for the rest of the match.

Thing is I think they were,
United completely lost focus and the whole balance after the Evra goal and Bayern punished them for that like any class team will do

Pep's Barca > This Bayern team - By 1 million miles

Last edited:

Thing is I think they were,
United completely lost focus and the whole balance after the Evra goal and Bayern punished them for that like any class team will do

Pep's Barca > This Bayern team - By 1 million miles

Same Pep's Barca team that lost to Chelsea? got it.

It makes me chuckle when I see people referring to Pep "inheriting" talented teams (specifically Barca) as the reason for his success since it couldn't be further from the truth.

Pep is an outstanding coach, the proof is in the wins. There are plenty of managers with highly talented squads that haven't achieved what he has.

That being said Chelsea >> Pep. That ref in 2009 was horrendous :x

Still baffled at Messi yesterday. Dude played with no heart

Pep is an outstanding coach, the proof is in the wins. There are plenty of managers with highly talented squads that haven't achieved what he has.

That being said Chelsea >> Pep. That ref in 2009 was horrendous :x

I believe its GNeville who said it, Pep is like Arsene in the way that if his tactics wont work, he wont really change it. This was during the 2012CL.

AS is reporting that Ronnie will be out for 15 days due to a hamstring tear. :x Man, I hope injuries don't escalate for him. I was hoping to see him excel at the WC.

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2014/04/10/primera/1397126342_064307.html

Sucks with copa del rey and the champions league semis coming up but at this point i would just have them shut him down for the rest of the year. we have bigger fish to fry in brazil. if he doesnt make it to brazil, im going to lose my mind.

Pep didn't inherit this Bayern club, he was given it on a silver-platter lol. Come on now. As for his Barça years - no escaping reality, he was magnificent.

This Bayern team is not as lethal as last year tho. They overpass too much man, so much sideways passing. They weren't like this last season, They can be beaten, Chelsea or Atletico have the best shot I think over a two game series.

That being said Chelsea >> Pep. That ref in 2009 was horrendous
sick.gif

I believe its GNeville who said it, Pep is like Arsene in the way that if his tactics wont work, he wont really change it. This was during the 2012CL.
That was on full display during the CL semifinal against Chelsea. He may be stubborn, but I think his results are unquestionable. I also enjoy his tactics to an extent. I wish he would go back to the 2011 Barca style though. That team didnt just hold possession, they straight up dominated people (ask Madrid). He has just as good a team in Bayern to do it with too
STAT OF THE DAY: Messi ran just 6.8 km against @Atleti. Only a little more than keeper Jose Manuel Pinto (5.4 km). http://es.pn/1gaL2g0

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
 @ Messi, this is the first game I can say he flat out gave less than minimal effort. Dude didnt try at all

mean.gif
@ me, I probably dont run 5.4km in a game 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom