The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Although Pellegrini has since apologized UEFA have "charged" him stating, "The Manchester City FC head coach is charged for violation of the general principles of conduct (Art.11 of the 2013 UEFA Disciplinary Regulations)".

In addition to the stupidly outrageous statements he made during this post game presser, his apology had even more stupid comments including -

"I want to clarify – I did not make any no accusation to anyone, not the referee, not UEFA, not anyone."

"He had a bad day with bad luck but I don’t think that he was in favour of Barcelona or damaged Manchester City.

"I didn’t day say that he’s a bad referee or not honest or that he can’t referee for UEFA. It wasn’t an offence to Sweden or the Swedish people.

"Sweden have a lot of good players, one of the best in the world in Zlatan Ibrahimovic. I’m sure he’s a good referee because UEFA have good referees on their staff.

"What I said is that it’s not the most important league in Europe and that’s not an offence.

"The third thing I said was that it wasn’t a good idea to have a referee who damaged Barcelona against Milan. It’s my idea but I’m not in charge of assigning the referees.

"I apologise because it’s not my duty. But I repeat I didn’t make any serious accusation against the referee, UEFA or Sweden. I felt from the beginning that he had a different criteria for both teams but you can have a bad day. I didn’t say that he did it intentionally. I didn’t say he was dishonest, or make any serious accusations.

"I was angry. The referee had a bad day and decided the game – not on purpose but because of bad luck."

He just should've apologized & said he was completely wrong. This makes him look even more foolish. I predict he'll be banned for the second match at Camp Nou in addition to being heavily fined. I guess some people just don't know how to shut up when needed.

Wouldn't be suprised if rvp is gone this summer and Rooney is pushed up top with mata behind.

good without the purchase of van persie united wouldnt be in this contract mess wouldnt have to buy mata it would be shinji behind wayne creating greatness

Does Kroos start for Germany this summer? From the little I've seen of him this season dude has balled out. I'd play him over an Ozil or Gotze

Is Ronaldo going to play this weekend or is he still suspeneded?

Feel like the dude hasn't played in months. :lol:

2 questions for u guys....

What players do you think are capable of playing a false 9 at a very high level?

And

Do you expect Rooney to stay or still be transferred even with that contract extension like I believe how Kaka did?

Imo Rooney and ManU mutually benefit off one another from a branding standpoint, but curious what you guys think.

Last edited:
club-premier-football-united-wayne-rooney-manchester-united-david-moyes-ed-woodward_3087888.jpg

Can't wait to see a match this summer...don't even care if some stars aren't playing....ain't like I live somewhere in Europe...I'll take what I can get

Last edited:
I just worked a 12 hr night shift.....staying up to catch city.....I would take a quick nap but if I do I won't wake up until this afternoon 
laugh.gif

No Lukaku, Traore pulled a hamstring in pre-game, thus Naismith starts up front for Everton. I'll take it.

Back
Top Bottom