The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Colombia is no joke, talk about a country who has upped there standards and produced some quality in the past decade.

Quintero isn't even in the game. Man, I miss James Rodriquez and Falcao :wow:

So many ex and current Porto players :smokin

Ibarbo making the most out of his first call up. I always wondered why no coach called him up from Cagliari...

Colombia is no joke, talk about a country who has upped there standards and produced some quality in the past decade.

Quintero isn't even in the game. Man, I miss James Rodriquez and Falcao :wow:

So many ex and current Porto players :smokin

I think they've always produced quality players. Their coaches they always appointed to the NT sucked. Their women >>>>>>>>

Jackson Martinez hasn't been in top form in about a month. He's just been off for a while now :smh:

He should have buried those.

Last edited:
I rather see Portugal advance, but I have Sweden in the WC.

As a team I think Sweden is the better squad. Portugal has the talent and the better individuals, but the few times I've seen them play, they didn't play as a team. I think Sweden has better defense, central midfielders, and forwards. Portugal has better wingers, atleast that's the way I see it. I mean as a team, not individually btw.

Not that I want to compare the two teams because it's way different regions, but Portugal reminds me a lot of Mexico. Great players, not a great team. It sucks for Ronnie, cuz I always see him busting his *** on the pitch. Never gives up. Can't say the same about a lot of the other players.

Why do they keep calling Nani?

Coupe, enlighten me. Please.

Nani was supposed to be the next Ronaldo in terms of being a superstar from Portugal. Instead, all he has now is pre-2011 Ronaldo's bad habits (excessive diving, shooting too much, etc) and none of Ronaldo's talent

This video sums him up (and every other "future star" Portuguese player since Ronaldo)

Seriously, Ronaldo is almost 30 now, and we STILL haven't found anyone to help him? @#$@$@ ridiculous.

Last edited:

Quintero isn't even in the game. Man, I miss James Rodriquez and Falcao
embarassed.gif

So many ex and current Porto players
smokin.gif
The players for the most part are the same. The current turn around has been the coach Pekerman.  Colombia has always had top quality players, but never had them gel together since the Pibe era. 

The players for the most part are the same. The current turn around has been the coach Pekerman.  Colombia has always had top quality players, but never had them gel together since the Pibe era. 

THIS.

Love to see my boys get the W. In reality they should've scored 5-6, but at the same time the Defense was wild and a bit lax, as the Belgians should've easily put away 2 themselves.

The Cafeteros look good, I know my fam is super hyped for the WC. IMO james was the MOTM in this game, setting up Radamel's first AND having a couple of shots himself.

Hopefully we've bolstered the Defense by the summer a bit, if so, we could be unstoppable.

Nani's just an idiot, he doesn't understand, dude is slow. He had all the potential but wasn't right in the head. Doesn't react well.

I hope we start. Varela tomorrow on the wing, or Danny. Nani and Ronaldo haven't been the same together since Man U.

Last edited:
Nani is going to end up like Quaresma...smh... And I think Quaresma is younger than Nani too, no? lol

Nani's just an idiot, he doesn't understand, dude is slow. He had all the potential but wasn't right in the head.

I hope we start. Varela tomorrow on the wing, or Danny. Nani and Ronaldo haven't been the same together since Man U.

Ronaldo still hasn't forgiven Nani for that goal he took away from him when he was offside... I think it was against Spain :rofl:

THIS.

Love to see my boys get the W. In reality they should've scored 5-6, but at the same time the Defense was wild and a bit lax, as the Belgians should've easily put away 2 themselves.

The Cafeteros look good, I know my fam is super hyped for the WC. IMO james was the MOTM in this game, setting up Radamel's first AND having a couple of shots himself.

Hopefully we've bolstered the Defense by the summer a bit, if so, we could be unstoppable.

Thank goodness Medina didnt play! I also like that am extranjero was brought in to coach. No favorites or regionalism now. Everyone gets a shot.

Nani's just an idiot, he doesn't understand, dude is slow. He had all the potential but wasn't right in the head. Doesn't react well.

apparently Bento has already announced the lineup.  no major surprise to what we've already seen.  

rui patricio

joao pereira

bruno alves

pepe

coentrao 

miguel veloso

meireles

moutinho

nani

ronaldo

postiga

i dont think danny was even called up unless it was to replace someone

Quaresma is a whole different story, he didn't need potential, he was already that good. He actually had great reactions to the game and understood it.

But he listened to no one, he didn't care about anyone, and did whatever he pleased - most arrogant thick headed footballer I've ever seen. He's older than Nani, he's 30 now playing somewhere in the Middle East. Played for Barca, Inter, and Chelsea but never lasted. What a waste he was. He was great for Porto tho lol. At least there's that. Nani was never great anywhere. He's at best been good.

Last edited:
apparently Bento has already announced the lineup.  no major surprise to what we've already seen.  

rui patricio
joao pereira
bruno alves
pepe
coentrao 
miguel veloso
meireles
moutinho
nani
ronaldo
postiga

i dont think danny was even called up unless it was to replace someone

This is absolutely ridiculous. Danny is scoring goals left and right in Russia and varela has been consistent and done a great job at Porto so far. Nani has barely even played, dudes out of form and out of a head. Unbelievable.

This is the one instance where I want Mourinho as manager of my team.

How much longer do we have to deal with Bruno Alves being our 2nd best scoring threat :lol:

Last edited:
Ronaldo still hasn't forgiven Nani for that goal he took away from him when he was offside... I think it was against Spain :rofl:

this moment will follow Nani to his grave. Nobody has forgotten. Everytime I see the name Nani posted, I immediately think of that moment in time.

Oh internet, pls forgive Nani!

never!

This is the one instance where I want Mourinho as manager of my team.

How much longer do we have to deal with Bruno Alves being our 2nd best scoring threat
laugh.gif
i cannnot wait until mourinho takes over but it will be a while since he  said its an old persons job.

after quieroz, i obviously wanted mou but there rumors about luis aragones which is way better then bento.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Danny is scoring goals left and right in Russia and varela has been consistent and done a great job at Porto so far. Nani has barely even played, dudes out of form and out of a head. Unbelievable.
my bad.  i jumped the gun.  starting line up is not confirmed.  hopefully bento surprises us all.  

check out portugoal.net.  that's where i usually get all my info from and keep track with the seleccao.  they also go into the club teams in portugal.

my bad.  i jumped the gun.  starting line up is not confirmed.  hopefully bento surprises us all.  

check out portugoal.net.  that's where i usually get all my info from and keep track with the seleccao.  they also go into the club teams in portugal.

You weren't wrong all the way. Danny isn't on the squad. And random, but dude was born in Venezuela. I didn't know that...

Biggest place Portuguese people migrated to other than Brasil in South America is Venezuela. There is a big Portuguese community over there, why? Don't know, but they're there. Saw it on Portuguese TV years ago.

Biggest place Portuguese people migrated to other than Brasil in South America is Venezuela. There is a big Portuguese community over there, why? Don't know, but they're there. Saw it on Portuguese TV years ago.

My cousin's paternal grandparents are Portuguese. They moved to El Salvador (out of all places) and had my cousin's dad...

If that wasn't weird, his son is quarter Philippino and quarter white cuz of his wife :rofl:

I call him the salad lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom