The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Jordan NT might take a loss by default. Looks like the team doesn't want to go to Uruguay, 7 players have already expressed their refusal to play.... :smh:

I know we are all on international duty in this thread but man I gotta say I really see Roma winning Serie A. All these years paying off. We dont even have the best players in Serie A.

Im saying it now when and if we win it, "Worst Behavior" will be played loud as ****.

Last edited:
What a stupid playoff. FIFA would benefit greatly from both Ibrahimovic and Ronaldo playing in Brasil.

Speaking of Brazil, I am playing in an intermural soccer league and my team played a team comprised of foreign exchange students from Brazil. We lost 5-4, but it was really competitive and a lot of fun. My team is about half Mexican, half African (including me). First time I've heard so much Portuguese in my life. They even taught me some words like caralho and mirda

Last edited:
Ronaldo still hasn't forgiven Nani for that goal he took away from him when he was offside... I think it was against Spain :rofl:

this moment will follow Nani to his grave. Nobody has forgotten. Everytime I see the name Nani posted, I immediately think of that moment in time.

Oh internet, pls forgive Nani!

never!

WE WILL NEVER FORGET!

:lol: Ronaldo was HEATED that day. Can't blame him either...

In case anyone doesn't remember...or wasn't watchin footy back then..

Speaking of United players :lol:

"Having realised that he is in danger of turning Manchester United into a deluxe Stoke City, David Moyes wants some more flair in his squad and, would you look at this, Andrés Iniesta is getting increasingly fed up with the state of negotiations for a new contract at Barcelona and is potentially resolved to do one in January. Get Ed Woodward on the case now!

But Moyes, it says here, is so far only "weighing up" a move for the Barcelona midfielder, which might be reason for concern for United fans given the way he "weighed up" Mesut Özil and Thiago Alcântara before deciding that Marouane Fellaini was the perfect fit instead. Or maybe he is just determined to discover how this blasted Shinji Kagawa left for him by Sir Alex Ferguson works. "They" tell "him" what a good player he is, after all, so it is probably worth finding out if he really is any use.

Of course, who needs Iniesta when you have Ashley Young? But, in news that will shock United fans, Young may have taken his last dive for the club and could be heading off to join Roberto Mancini at Galatasaray. There's a sitcom to be made there: Two Spoofers in Turkey.
"

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/14/the-rumour-mill-andres-iniesta-to-manchester-united

:rofl:

Moyes chasing a midfielder is a running joke amoungst the British press, no one should take any of these rumors seriously ... But hey anything to get ppl to click the link huh?

Moyes chasing a midfielder is a running joke amoungst the British press, no one should take any of these rumors seriously ... But hey anything to get ppl to click the link huh?

Judging from the comical writing style, I don't think anyone would take that rumour seriously.

Judging from the comical writing style, I don't think anyone would take that rumour seriously.
You would think, right? But this is the same press/ppl who still say we chased thiago this summer, even after the player and moyes both denied it.

You would think, right? But this is the same press/ppl who still say we chased thiago this summer, even after the player and moyes both denied it.

I hear you. The problem with the Thiago situation, was really the Cesc situation. Had it just been Thiago that was missed out on, without any communication it would be one thing. But openly chasing Fabregas and failing so embarrassingly, just gave fuel to the fire.

I've read some interesting rumours lately....Kagawa swap for Reus (probably plus cash)....weighing up putting in a bid for Di Maria...Fulham lifting Zaha and Anderson on loan in Jan. If all of that really happened, that would be nice and all, but it still doesn't solve the midfield driver issue, and with Carrick having injury trouble, more than ever bolstering that midfield is crucial.

What a stupid playoff. FIFA would benefit greatly from both Ibrahimovic and Ronaldo playing in Brasil.

Speaking of Brazil, I am playing in an intermural soccer league and my team played a team comprised of foreign exchange students from Brazil. We lost 5-4, but it was really competitive and a lot of fun. My team is about half Mexican, half African (including me). First time I've heard so much Portuguese in my life. They even taught me some words like caralho and mirda

I'm really mad that FIFA let it happen with all that corruption....smh.

The Brazilians at my school, pretty much all international students as well, would crush teams left and right. But it was always fun. One of them did actually play for the school but got kicked off because je liked to party too much :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
Here's an interview with Ibra that I stumbled upon. It starts out in French but goes to English at around the 25 sec mark. Not a gamer but the interview is about Ibra's love for his Xbox. He tells a cool story about making friends with someone while playing live. He even went to meet the dude for dinner & it sounds like they're friends. It sounds like his wife has to cater around his gaming though...

Last edited:
Updated listing of WC playoff games for the next several days... All times Eastern Standard US.

Croatia vs Iceland
1st leg, Friday 2pm, WatchESPN.com; 2nd leg, Tuesday 2:15pm, ESPN3.com

Ukraine vs France
1st leg, Friday 2:45pm, WatchESPN.com; 2nd leg, Tuesday 3pm, Univision Deportes and WatchESPN.com

Portugal vs Sweden
1st leg, Friday 2:45pm, ESPN Deportes and WatchESPN.com; 2nd leg, Tuesday 2:45pm, ESPN2, ESPN Deportes and WatchESPN.com

Greece vs Romania

1st leg, Friday 2:45pm, ESPN3.com; 2nd leg, Tuesday 2pm, WatchESPN.com

Nigeria vs Ethiopia
2nd leg, Saturday 10am, beIN SPORT, beIN SPORT Espanol and DishWorld

Senegal vs Ivory Coast
2nd leg, Saturday 2pm, beIN SPORT, beIN SPORT Espanol and DishWorld

Cameroon vs Tunisia
2nd leg, Sunday 9:30am, beIN SPORT, beIN SPORT Espanol and DishWorld

Egypt vs Ghana
2nd leg, Tuesday 11am, beIN SPORT, beIN SPORT Espanol and DishWorld

Algeria vs Burkina Faso
2nd leg, Tuesday 1:15pm, beIN SPORT, beIN SPORT Espanol and DishWorld

New Zealand vs Mexico
2nd leg, Wednesday 1am, ESPN, UniMas, Univision Deportes and WatchESPN.com

Uruguay vs Jordan
2nd leg, Wednesday 6pm, beIN SPORT, beIN SPORT Espanol and DishWorld

Last edited:
Looking forward to Colombia vs Netherlands.  A shame RVP will not suit up. 

A shame that it's not the early 90's either.  Valderrama vs Gullit battle of the hair would have been sweet! 

Last edited:
I'm getting nervous haha. Don't think I felt this way since Porto vs Benfica in May. I need a Xanax or something.

If we lose today, I'll probably do some coke and drink all night and end up somewhere in Westchester county face down in someone's lawn.

^^^^^Just took a shot of ginja and drank a sagres. About to go out to the bar with my portugal flag in tow. My hearts been racing since I woke up hours ago

Back
Top Bottom