The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

:lol:

EyeSeeSoles - for some reason your smiley reaction to Messi's injury & the gif in your avy seem to be working hand in hand...

Barca will be fine. In fact, I'm a little intrigued/excited about the possibilities.

Messi will definitely be needed however for the later stages of the CL. His absence last year was clearly felt.

I can't HATE anyone but.......

The Ballon d'or should be between Ibra vs CR7

And I honestly think Neymar will make everyone slowly forget about Messi as time passes.

I can't HATE anyone but.......

The Ballon d'or should be between Ibra vs CR7

And I honestly think Neymar will make everyone slowly forget about Messi as time passes.

Need to pump the brakes on that... :D

Like him or hate him, Messi is one of the best players ever to grace the pitch (as is Ronnie too). He's still got a lot more to learn to continue to play well in European football. He also has to get stronger & judging by how Barca has handled Messi's injury dating back to last year, I'm a little worried about how they will approach his conditioning.

Messi's absence was & will be felt in CL matches & if Barca wants a legit shot at winning it within the next several years, they will need La Pulga at full capacity.

Barca will be fine in the interim though.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how the voting is done for the Ballon d'Or. Regardless of the Messi injury, Ronnie should be the front runner. It would be a travesty if he didn't win. Having said that, I think Ribery will win it. I think Sepp & his croonies have already decided that.

Pretty much. Ronaldo should have been first in line to win it even if Messi wasn't injured, now that Messi is out it should be clear cut Ronaldo winning the award.

But he won't. Lol

They'll give it to Frank Ribery because of the amazing season Bayern had, even tho that team is amazing.

i'm almost sure Ronaldo wins it now. not even stanning but damn he deserves it more than anyone. Stats dont lie Blatter

Ribery was the best player or the most consistent player on an amazing team that was very deep however his individual output doesn't come close to Ronnie's (or Messi's)...

Btw psk, u don't gotta give a specific country if u don't want to, but what's ur ethnicity if u don't mind me asking

I was wondering when that would come up. :D

My parents are from Korea. I was born in Houston. Then moved to Chicago. Then moved to Baltimore which is where I live now (actually 45 mins north).

My wife of 13 years (but been together since '96 though) is black & together we have our soon to be 10 year old son which I talk about enough.

Curious though, what made you ask that? I've often wondered how people would perceive that given some of my posts in other threads. I'm surprised it took this long for someone to ask me...

Last edited:
Ronaldo. I'm a Barca fan and a big fan of Messi, but the "Messi is an untouchable god" thing has gotten old. Messi is the best player when you look at it in a career perspective, but this award should only be given for recent performance. Ribery is a great player but BM would've still been an extremely good team without him; can't say the same about RM. There were several Balon d'Ors that Messi received that I feel should've gone to Iniesta or Ronaldo

Last edited:
I saw some of the new adidas WC kits at a local DicksSportingGoods. They're even nicer in person. I saw that Argentina, Mexico, Spain, & Germany. Glad they got rid of that damned butterfly collar.

I saw a rumored leaked pic of the new Portugal home shirt; @#$% was gross. I don't think the current shirts can be beat; the classic home shirt, a great away shirt, and the black alternate :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Idk if its Adidas or FIFA who are making these world cup kits all one solid color but I'm not a fan. National teams are known for there history.

Rumors about the US team having an all-white kit as well :smh:

Yea, all the current Portugal kits are nice especially that black alternate. I'm really disappointed in what looks like Brazil's home shirt. It has a v neck that looks like the silhouette from a Nike women's tennis shirt was used.

I was wondering when that would come up. :D

My parents are from Korea. I was born in Houston. Then moved to Chicago. Then moved to Baltimore which is where I live now (actually 45 mins north).

My wife of 13 years (but been together since '96 though) is black & together we have our soon to be 10 year old son which I talk about enough.

Curious though, what made you ask that? I've often wondered how people would perceive that given some of my posts in other threads. I'm surprised it took this long for someone to ask me...

I always wonder what all the regulars in here look like, are like, ethnicity, age, race, etc.

Hardly ever ask because I don't want to come off as nosey. I would just like to know who I talk to.

If anybody wanted to know where I'm from, what I look like, etc. it's not that hard. I document EVERYTHING I do, I carry my camera everywhere I go, I have nothing to hide lol. A lot of people on NT know my day to day activities, because I always post in the WDYWT thread. I post a lot on twitter, IG, etc.

Feel free to ask, I don't mind.

So basically let's have a post your pic thread (relating to football) for this forum? Lol

Last edited:
Btw psk, u don't gotta give a specific country if u don't want to, but what's ur ethnicity if u don't mind me asking

We definitely have an ethnically diverse thread in here, knew u were American but guessed u weren't white because most white Americans are BPL fans from my experiences. You're a Barca/La Liga fan and don't root for any Latin countries.

Figured you might have a cool story about yourself, and you did :D

My rents are from Afghanistan, I was born and raised in NY and live in Long Island.

I also thought Psk was Asian also, just because he doesn't root for a national team, or never discloses one lol. South Korea cruised (controversially) in 2002 World Cup, beat Portugal and Italy, I was tight. :smh:

I always wonder what all the regulars in here look like, are like, ethnicity, age, race, etc.

Hardly ever ask because I don't want to come off as nosey. I would just like to know who I talk to.

If anybody wanted to know where I'm from, what I look like, etc. it's not that hard. I document EVERYTHING I do, I carry my camera everywhere I go, I have nothing to hide lol. A lot of people on NT know my day to day activities, because I always post in the WDYWT thread. I post a lot on twitter, IG, etc.

Feel free to ask, I don't mind.
You'll never guess me :nerd:
I also thought Psk was Asian also, just because he doesn't root for a national team, or never discloses one lol. South Korea cruised (controversially) in 2002 World Cup, beat Portugal and Italy, I was tight. :smh:
USMNT I would assume.

But ya, I thought PSK was black :lol:

Last edited:
Coupe - I follow the US team. I'm in that thread a lot. I've posted somethings in here too. If they're not in it, I'll follow Spain, Germany, Korea... I loosely follow Germany because I spent some summers outside of Munich when I was young with my Aunt, Uncle, & cousins. They were big Bayern fans & I loosely followed them. The 82 WC was big at that time but never really paid attention. But that early association with footy & Bayern kinda hung around there after.

I lived in an ethnically diverse neighborhood when we first moved to Baltimore that had a lot of transient families where the parents went to Johns Hopkins. One of the families we were really close to was from Mexico City. The father was a huge Club America fan (sorry Chiva).

I remember the summer '86 at their house watching the WC. My brother & I were really close with their boys. It was killing the father not be home to attend games but he had just started residency & he couldn't leave.

That was my intro to football. I started liking Barca around '90. That's when Cruyuff's team was really taking off & I've been a fan ever since.

Edit- It wasn't until recently that Korea has fielded good sides so there was never any early affinity towards the NT but I follow because of some sense of loyalty but US gets first love...

Last edited:
Psk, your family friend knew nothing. ameriCACA is trash.

Could've been worse, he could've been an atlas supporter :rofl:

Don't worry United fans, it's all good. See you at the Emirates in February :wink:

AC Milan have 13 points from 12 matches, their lowest total since 9 points in 1981/82 when they were relegated from #SerieA.
welp :smh:

:x
9gppaI1.gif
:x :x :pimp:

Dude, these guys from espn fc are hilarious man. They're like the inside the NBA cast but the soccer version. The host is witty as all hell. I haven't seen the show, it's always on at weird hours but they're great.
I try to watch it whenever it's on, but like you said it's always on at weird times

What have I just entered here,

Man just enjoy Football, instead of arguing about who the biggest fan and what not,

The US needs all the Football fans it can
this, football is all I watch nowadays. Baseball puts me to sleep, basketball got boring with the so called Heat 'fans', and American football is just trash :smh:

:lol:

EyeSeeSoles - for some reason your smiley reaction to Messi's injury & the gif in your avy seem to be working hand in hand...
:rofl:
when you see that, we say "strong avy to post ratio" c'mon man you're on NT you should know that
also, I didn't know you were Asian weebay.gif

Back
Top Bottom