The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Giroud...

iILvxprAWZJdP.gif

Lewa....

41.gif
Am i tripping or is this the same goal? Thanks btw

Figured someone would do this, worry about your team...if we barely lost to Dortmund, y'all would have probably got wrecked.

To that person who said yes to all teams in Arsenals group having 6 points, you know nothing.

Just 2 days ago you were having a good ol time laughing at United, and now you want to come with that "worry about your team" talk.

Take the L, keep it moving.

Anyway, interesting times ahead with 3 times on 6 points. Anyone know if Dortmund plays Arsenal again at home? And Marseille go to Napoli next?
I'm just trying to figure out the road for this group...

Still can't believe this ****, we played so much better than these Russian bums with 10 men, we're clearly the better team. :smh:

GOD DAMNIT!!!!

HERRERA I HATE YOUR FACE, I WANT TO PUNCH IT.

Arsenal impressed me with their buildup and attacking in the second half, as well as their relentless pursuit of lost balls on defense.

It's a testament to how good Dortmund is that they could score so quickly in a lightning of a counter attack...

I feel better about our chances in the CL (not necessarily to WIN it, but to advance farther than last year, round of 8 or semis) and the boys showed LOTS of heart out there...

Adding some defensive help and a striker could help our push in CL as having to bring Bendtner on spoke VOLUMES of how thin we are up top...

Did Herrera get his second yellow for wasting time?

Was the second yellow really necessary?

Thanks, I'm just a bit shocked, my aunt called me tearing up because Hector was looking forward to this game.

Just saw what happened now...

He got the second yellow cause he came out of the wall during a FK.

Technically, yes the second yellow was warranted.

He was stupid....when you have a yellow that early, you should just take it super easy...

United isn't on Arsenals level right now, even with that ******** loss we just suffered.

Man Utd has one day to talk ****, until y'all get whooped mañana.

Just saw what happened now...

He got the second yellow cause he came out of the wall during a FK.

Technically, yes the second yellow was warranted.

He was stupid....when you have a yellow that early, you should just take it super easy...

He got the first yellow literally 15 seconds before the the 2nd one. You would think he'd be somewhat attentive to the fact. Complete moron. I wouldn't be so pissed if it happened in the second half or something, but damn man the 6th min, basically playing the whole game with 10 men :smh:

I like how we played tho, we didn't let up. Three shots off the post, we clearly outplayed them the whole game but those final 10 mins when everyone is tired for overcompensating due to Herrera's mistake hurts.

Just watched the Arsenal vs Dortmund, where was Sanga on that Lewe goal?!?! He watch one of the worlds best strikers run right down the field with no effort & watched him score. That was pitiful... I really hate seeing defense played like that...

As far as Barca's back 4, I really hope they don't extend Pique.. He's form has diminished so badly...

Last edited:
how was hector playing? Was doing a good job until he derp'd? I doubt he'll get shipped back to mehico, but I don't think portuguese media is the only one thats gonna go in him. I'm gonna wait for the news on the mexican news covera for da lulz.

Thanks, I'm just a bit shocked, my aunt called me tearing up because Hector was looking forward to this game.

are you related to herrera?

Last edited:
how was hector playing? Was doing a good job until he derp'd? I doubt he'll get shipped back to mehico, but I don't think portuguese media is the only one thats gonna go in him. I'm gonna wait for the news on the mexican news covera for da lulz.

Your really asking how he played before he got sent off? The 5 mins he was on the field? Lol

I guess he played amazing. World class. Top player.

We went to one of their games in August on vacation. Those supporters were loud the whole game. Lulz were had whenever the opposing goalie kicked off. Everyone chanted, "Ooooooooooooooooooo..." then "You Suck!!!" when he kicked the ball off. :lol:

Your really asking how he played before he got sent off? The 5 mins he was on the field? Lol

I guess he played amazing. World class. Top player.

mija, I didn't watch the game and I didn't read the reviews until a second ago, relax.

I don't think the second yellow was really warranted, a warning would have been fine imo. I also don't think he was the culprit for losing the match, although a part. Saying that he cost Porto the game is a reach too. That cross in combination with the header was on part a defensive fault, not a midfielder. Whoever scored for zenit was at the right place, even with two defenders, they let him through to jump and head it in. lel, whatever...

also, what does this mean for Herrera? It was CL match... is he gonna get sent back to mexico? back to porto B? I'm sure he must of done something right to earn a starting position today (he clearly showed it lol). hmm...

Last edited:
That header would have never happened or wouldn't have meant much if we scored a couple goals. No one is reaching by blaming this on Herrera. The point is, we sticked with our gameplan after he was sent off. We countered, we were physical, and we pushed forward - that's what Porto does. For gods sake we took 22 shots and only played with 10 men. We outplayed them, but at a certain point our players overcompensated.

You can blame Fonseca for letting Porto attack and not lay off but what else was he suppose to do? Play for a tie in the 6th min? That's not what Porto does.

Not to mention Porto is extremely reliant on our central midfielders (we only play with three of them), Herrera going off lessened our fluidity and the type of ball control Porto is used to having. Plus Quintero wasn't able to be subbed in, he's our most skillful midfielder. Herrera being sent off was a devastating blow all around. It was an important link in the chain that broke an endless amount of possibilities and tactics we could have used.

So na, I don't think its a reach at all blaming it on him. I personally don't know why he started in the first place, he's barely played all season (guess that blame can be put towards the manager). I would have started Defour or Quintero with the way they've been playing.

He'll stay on Porto for the time being but it won't last long. This game may have broke him mentally. Maybe a loan spell will be in the works. Maybe he'll be given another shot - but there is too much competition in the midfield.

*On a bright note, our players were extremely confident about going to Zenit and winning, they basically looked at this game as a fluke. Hope it translates on the field next match. - Also Mangala is top 5 CB's in Europe, this dude was absolutely phenomenal, as usual. If I was Barca I'd pay for Mangala instead of Hummels. He will end up on a top club no doubt for a fee of no less than 40-45 million euros. Maybe Real? lord knows they need some help back there. I know Mourinho wants him bad as well. I'm already counting the days left I have to enjoy his talent :rolleyes

Last edited:
That header would have never happened or wouldn't have meant much if we scored a couple goals. No one is reaching by blaming this on Herrera. The point is, we sticked with our gameplan after he was sent off. We countered, we were physical, and we pushed forward - that's what Porto does. For gods sake we took 22 shots and only played with 10 men. We outplayed them, but at a certain point our players overcompensated.

You can blame Fonseca for letting Porto attack and not lay off but what else was he suppose to do? Play for a tie in the 6th min? That's not what Porto does.

Not to mention Porto is extremely reliant on our central midfielders (we only play with three of them), Herrera going off lessened our fluidity and the type of ball control Porto is used to having. Plus Quintero wasn't able to be subbed in, he's our most skillful midfielder. Herrera being sent off was a devastating blow all around. It was an important link in the chain that broke an endless amount of possibilities and tactics we could have used.

So na, I don't think its a reach at all blaming it on him. I personally don't know why he started in the first place, he's barely played all season (guess that blame can be put towards the manager). I would have started Defour or Quintero with the way they've been playing.

He'll stay on Porto for the time being but it won't last long. This game may have broke him mentally. Maybe a loan spell will be in the works. Maybe he'll be given another shot - but there is too much competition in the midfield.
That's a contradiction, if I'm not mistaken. You can't dominate anything if a key player is gone.

You're right, that header wouldn't have meant a thing if some goals were scoared. What I don't get is how the fans of porto can pin point at Herrera solely for the loss of the game, or as a major defactor to dominating Zenit, because by what you're describing (and all the other porto fans), Porto dominated the game. Plain and simple it seems. If Porto had 22 shots, why aren't the strikers being blamed for not scoring? Herrera isn't a striker, him going out was a sure blow, no doubt, but if Porto still managed to dominate the game with 10 people, then what happened at the end? You can't say something like, "we shot 22 on target" "so why did you lose?" "oh because one of our midfielders derp'd and got a red card." Gee if you had 22 shots at scoring, then isn't that the strikers fault for not being able to put it behind the net? Had the the dismissal of Herrera caused the team to rely on parking the bus, then I would agree, Herrera is the biggest reason, but it wasn't. Porto still dominated. Am I making an exuse for Herrera? Hell no, that was embarassing to watch and like you're saying this match will severely harm his confidence. This match was a stepping stone in his career at porto, perhaps to become a regular starter had he performed up to the expectations of a champions league match, but he goof'd up.

I don't blame Herrera for losing the game, I blame Porto for not scoring when they 'dominated' the game. Also, the manager is at fault if Herrera didn't get much playing time and he's a starter a match of this magnitude.

Side note: did you see Basel's goal? disgusting
sick.gif
pimp.gif

also the other day I literally had a mind = blown moment when you realize the people who have been on one team for so long and their line up changes over the years?
sick.gif
the stories Sergio Ramos has to tell with every legend coming through that locker room year after for example, or Seedorf or loyal player to a team
pimp.gif
I don't know if Ramos has written a book but I do need to read some of these players autobiographies. and now the young ones who have theses starting roles and might stay forever gonna be going through the same thing. Varane in 10 years (if he stays) is gonna learn so much

Back
Top Bottom