The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Many pages ago, somebody was discussing the state of US youth system and how this generation is barely as active and only play video games. Well that's not really true. I can guarantee that if you go to the suburbs, you won't find any kids outside playing footy. Now if you go to a low income mainly Hispanic hood, you will see most of the kids playing in the streets using rocks or whatever else they can find as goalposts. That's how I grew up playing, in small 6 vs 6 games on the streets, getting my body all banged up from the asphalt. What I think we need in the US is more of those "cages" like you see in Europe. Kids should be able to improve their craft in a closed environment.

I would think Bayern.

Yea he wants to reunite with his bestfriend goezte.
:lol:

Hell of a goal but that isn't as clutch as the Jiménez goal just bc of what is at stake for this team

Yes it was bruh

Rivaldo was once again the second highest goalscorer of the league, with 23 goals. In the last game of the season, against Valencia CF, Rivaldo scored a hat-trick to win the game 3–2. His third goal was a bicycle kick from the edge of the area in the 89th minute of the game, and is regarded as one of his greatest goals ever. The win secured Barcelona a place in the following UEFA Champions League tournament. He scored a total of 36 goals that season, taking his Barcelona tally up to 130

BTW Valencia was a powerhouse team maybe even better than barca at this time second to madrid. Done against Santiago Cañizares, THEE top goal keeper in his prime at the time.

Here is his hat trick
All 3 of his goals required skill
Peep a young Guadiola and Puyol :lol:

Last edited:
Many pages ago, somebody was discussing the state of US youth system and how this generation is barely as active and only play video games. Well that's not really true. I can guarantee that if you go to the suburbs, you won't find any kids outside playing footy.

This isn't true.

I live in Long Island and parents OD with the amount of activities they put their kids in. The argument will be that it's different because they're not just going outside themselves, but when u only have 2 other kids on your block that are your age it's pretty hard to do that.

This isn't true.

I live in Long Island and parents OD with the amount of activities they put their kids in. The argument will be that it's different because they're not just going outside themselves, but when u only have 2 other kids on your block that are your age it's pretty hard to do that.

Same here, I have a little brother. Him and his friends do plenty of different sports seasonally. It's just soccer isn't big or popular enough so they don't continue to pursue it pationitly like the other sports. Same happened to me.

There is a big difference regionally tho. That's how it is in the northeast. Different parts, like Florida which this dude is talking about are lazy as hell. Plus the public school systems in Palm beach to Miami are terrible.

Damn, Guardiola lost so much hair in such a short period of time lol
dat managerial stress. I remember theres a photo on the internet floating around of Pep's face from starting the manager at Barca until now, greying out n all. I think theres a Mou pic of the same thing

dat managerial stress. I remember theres a photo on the internet floating around of Pep's face from starting the manager at Barca until now, greying out n all. I think theres a Mou pic of the same thing

Think it's more bad genes. Wayne Rooney knows :lol:

Sad thing is Rooney spent some $$$ recently on a hair plug & he still looks really thin up there... Pep looks distinguished to me.

Panamanian newspaper's headline today in reaction to Jimenez's bicycle kick. Yes that's apparently the eff word. :lol:

View media item 616214
Edit - The teams rumored to be of interest to Red Bull are Liverpool, Everton, Crystal Palace, West Ham, & Leeds. I would love to see Red Bull buy Liverpool but not sure John Henry would sell. If so, it would have to be an attractive offer.

Last edited:
1000x.jpg

No pressure,David.No pressure.

@GrantWahl: Fox Sports gets German Bundesliga rights in US starting in 2015-16 http://t.co/HadpiIVd7z (via @honigstein)

Great news!

I remember people in here were discussing what would happen to the Bundesliga rights once it was time for renewal. Glad their no longer going to be on GolTV. Fox already had a pundit who played in the German league and is American. I wonder if they who else they will bring in, if anyone. I'm assuming that they will stick with the current group of pundits.

Many pages ago, somebody was discussing the state of US youth system and how this generation is barely as active and only play video games. Well that's not really true. I can guarantee that if you go to the suburbs, you won't find any kids outside playing footy.

This isn't true.

Where are you from?

The poster who originally made the comment is in England. Ryan something I think. And he was talking about the UK system. I may have responded with a general comment in comparison.
I live in Long Island as well. I find that many kids start off playing soccer at a young age as their first sport and later go into something such as basketball, baseball, football or lacrosse. Those are the major ones out here. But when I was growing, footy wasn't that popular in comparison. Despite having a lot of towns that pride themselves on a certain sport. It has grown here a bit. The game is more accessible on TV and school games get televised on the local station. A lot of Europeans over here and South Americans as well. Out in Glen Cove you have the Napoli Soccer Club in an area that's Hispanic. If you go to a restaurant or barber shop in that area on the weekend, they will most likely have it on Bein Sport Deportes. But yea, out here we're very big on activities. And academics as well. There's actually a lot of academies out here. Hopefully we can really start developing players. As Coupeit88 said, it varies. Out here in LI and in general, maybe for the east coast, soccer is expensive. It's mostly a middle-class/suburban sport. I want to assume that it's the same out in Cali, but it's hard to say. I just know that in terms of youth development, they seem to be doing a lot.

The only good thing about Lewandowski leaving BVB is that we get to see who they replace him with :lol:

The teams rumored to be of interest to Red Bull are Liverpool, Everton, Crystal Palace, West Ham, & Leeds. I would love to see Red Bull buy Liverpool but not sure John Henry would sell. If so, it would have to be an attractive offer.
I can see West Ham, remember a GolTV news broadcast that 2 teams are up for majority sales and since I like West Ham I remember they were at 158million, anybody rich can take over

Btw, if Rooney leaves in Jan, so they say,

does this mean Kagawa will stay in the 10?

Surely this clown doesn't plan on putting Fellaini in the 10?

Really feel like Kag is leaving in Jan.. and i dont blame him, though i dont feel like returning to dortmund would be the best option. Mkhitaryan would still be first choice behind the striker, but if anyone could fit him into a team im sure its Klopp. He has been able to find use for Sahin, and that MF is pretty stacked as is.

Can you imagine a WC with out CR7 or France? I really do not like this playoff seeding crap.. should just be top two teams from each group.

Really feel like Kag is leaving in Jan.. and i dont blame him, though i dont feel like returning to dortmund would be the best option. Mkhitaryan would still be first choice behind the striker, but if anyone could fit him into a team im sure its Klopp. He has been able to find use for Sahin, and that MF is pretty stacked as is.

Can you imagine a WC with out CR7 or France? I really do not like this playoff seeding crap.. should just be top two teams from each group.

It's a real shame.

Real top quality player lingering around...and Moyes will say he needs more world class players, while buying Fellaini.

Then rumours circulating that Rémy Cabella the "100m man" (who will most likely be bought for 15m btw), could possibly come to United, a man who's never played for his NT, and a good but shaky run of form while at Montpellier and Arles on loan. Ander Herrera while has shown he's a great tackler, but I don't know enough about him from my research to say he's a game changing player, maybe I'm wrong. All of this Lewandowski talk should just end now. Dude is NOT coming from being The King at BVB to be behind RVP.

Teams like Arsenal are talking about buying proven top quality talent (Benzema), and Moyes and Woodward are talking about buying players we've never even heard of. All while not giving chances to players that have really shown glimpses of quality (Kagawa and ZAHA).

I still believe this move was so irresponsible of the Glazers. If Moyes doesn't going on a serious winning streak, big name players won't even want to come to Old Trafford.

Cabella can play on the wings at least. But losing Kagawa and getting him is just :lol:

Last edited:
to be fair eiddy Fergie wasnt buying BIG names towards the end, think this has alot to do with no kitty being available. I honestly am ok with seeing this season/form out for the greater good of the club, BUT I wanna see lingard, zaha, varela get some time as well as kagawa.. Before Moyes starts spending he needs to give our youth a shot. AND before he buys another striker he needs to get us another wide player and a CB

Read talk today of bringing morrison and pogba back.. i doubt pogba (for how he left the club/price tag) but i can see him trying to get morrison. It pains me to think about what our midfield could have looked like in 5 yrs w/ Pogba/Morrison/Januzaj/Lingard/Zaha/Powell :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom