The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

BWeNgQvIQAAzJ7X.jpg

to be fair eiddy Fergie wasnt buying BIG names towards the end, think this has alot to do with no kitty being available. I honestly am ok with seeing this season/form out for the greater good of the club, BUT I wanna see lingard, zaha, varela get some time as well as kagawa.. Before Moyes starts spending he needs to give our youth a shot. AND before he buys another striker he needs to get us another wide player and a CB

Read talk today of bringing morrison and pogba back.. i doubt pogba (for how he left the club/price tag) but i can see him trying to get morrison. It pains me to think about what our midfield could have looked like in 5 yrs w/ Pogba/Morrison/Januzaj/Lingard/Zaha/Powell :pimp:

Morrison left over behavioral problems, I'm not sure he could come back either. If you look at it, Moyes has a good cop of youth to utilize in lingard, henriquez, powell, and Januzaj. Zaha needs a little more time, not sure where his ceiling is. Don't really need another striker, Chicharito should be given a chance. Welbeck will always have a place in the starting XI, even though he has proven striking isn't his strong suit. English players are immediately overrated. See Andros Townsend being compared to ronaldo in a recent blog.

Khedira unhappy?!?! Moyes better try and step in

ASAP!!!!

He loves Mourinho. If he leaves, it's prob for Chelsea

I’m not a Spanish player, I did not cost a lot of money and I am one of Mourinho’s disciples.

I started the season on the bench or in the stands. Even if I play well, I am the scapegoat and so will not be properly valued.

-Source: Kicker via Daily Mail.

Khedira is good at what he does

fixed.

He's good at helping the back 4, and making his presence felt. He's also very experienced playing at the highest level for quite some time now, and he's still 26 years old. Granted he doesn't have the tireless work rate, but he tracks back, does his job, helps with turning the tide on possession and keeps the ball flowing forward.

He also enjoys making a run forward every now and again, which are often unexpected.

If he REALLY wants to leave Madrid, I think a manager of pretty much any top club would snap him up for a decent TF.

I think Moyes is managing scared and just trying to sign ready made players like hes at City, instead of trying to develop and work with what he's got. So its a certain Kagawa and Chicharito are leaving, and we are going to try sign a two more guys who might not  be 1st team regulars Herrera and Cabella. Moyes continues to waste time with players that have no interest, the Strootman fallout is killing us. Even though Moyes probably sit hit next next to Zaha in the stands. 

Any chance we can get Koke or Illkay? 

i dont see the point in buying another midfielder until moyes finds out that fellaini is a fraud and carrick retires #StartKagawa

Last edited:
Ghana already up 1-0 on Egypt.
**** off, Ghana.

Damn, sad to see Bradley & his Egyptian side lose like that. :x

did the story of the failed suicide bombing attempt at the Ethiopia Nigeria match yesterday?

Wow, I just heard that...

http://www.goal.com/en-ca/news/4191...suicide-bombers-die-in-failed-ethiopia-attack

By Lolade Adewuyi
2013-10-15 8:30:00 AM
A government spokesman has claimed the Somali nationals panicked at police presence and detonated their device early ahead of the World Cup qualifying clash with Nigeria.

The Ethiopian government has announced that two suicide bombers died in a failed attempt to disrupt the World Cup qualifier between Ethiopia and Nigeria in Addis Ababa on Sunday.

The explosions happened in the Bole district of Ethiopia's capital city, about five kilometers from the Addis Ababa Stadium where thousands of fans were gathering for the playoff match.

It is believed the bombers, of Somali origin, set off their devices early after panicking at the significant police presence throughout the city, with government spokesman Shimeles Kemal confirming their intended target was either the 35,000 capacity crowd in the ground or one of the areas where supporters were grouped to watch the game on big screens.

"They were Somali nationals and plotted to carry out a suicide attack disguised as fans on either the stadium or areas where large crowds gathered to watch the game," government spokesman Shimeles Kemal was quoted as saying by Reuters.

"Heavy police presence must have caused their nervousness and state of agitation which led to the detonation that caused their own deaths."

Explosives, football shirts, grenades and human remains were found at a residential address in the Bole district, close to the Saro-Maria hotel where the Nigerian team stayed while in the country. Three other suspects were detained by police.

The area is home to a number of Somali refugees.

Nigeria defeated the hosts 2-1 at the packed national stadium in the first leg of the playoff for Brazil 2014, with the return leg set to take place in Calabar on Nov. 16

I think Moyes is managing scared and just trying to sign ready made players like hes at City, instead of trying to develop and work with what he's got. So its a certain Kagawa and Chicharito are leaving, and we are going to try sign a two more guys who might not  be 1st team regulars Herrera and Cabella. Moyes continues to waste time with players that have no interest, the Strootman fallout is killing us. Even though Moyes probably sit hit next next to Zaha in the stands. 

Any chance we can get Koke or Illkay

Why would he even come after the way Kagawa has been treated? and it's not like he'd be coming to player under a seasoned vet.

Bosnia in to the WC for the first time.
Russia also in.
Portugal to the playoff, because Portugal is always in the playoff.

AVB poachin' .

The article does mentioned Barca B goalie Jordi Masip whose having a great campaign so far. I wonder why he doesn't get a shot with the first team once VV leaves?

http://www.totalbarca.com/2013/news...ed&utm_campaign=Feed:+totalBarca+(totalBarça)

View media item 617232
AVB spying at the Mini

Posted at: 22:30 on Monday, October 14, 2013

During Barcelona B’s game on Sunday against Deportivo la Coruña (0-1), Tottenham manager André Villas-Boas (AVB) was spotted in the stands unsuccessfully attempting to disguise himself, as his characteristic ginger-red hair made every doubt concerning his identity vanish. AVB took advantage of the international break and visited the Miniestadi, seemingly in an attempt to ‘spy’ on some of Barça’s pearls.

Mundo Deportivo goes a step further, identifying the Portuguese’s targets. According to the Spanish newspaper, Villas-Boas had his eyes on B team goalkeeper Jordi Masip, who has been a wall between the sticks so far, midfielder Sergi Samper and Javi Espinosa. This is the first time that interest from outside has been mentioned for Masip, although this has not been the first time for the other two. For Sergi Samper this is rather routine, as he is very highly regarded amongst Premier League clubs. In fact, Samper has already rejected advances from England, having turned down Arsenal’s offer when he was 16.

However when AVB was asked who he liked the most, he promptly said “Adama,” referring to 17 year-old Adama Traoré, who was brought on for Edu Bedia on 65 minutes, having only made his B-team debut last week. This will come as no surprise to fútbol base followers, as the Spain U-19 winger, who is of Malian descent, is a target for many European clubs.

Villas-Boas addressed the press on his way out, although he refused to comment on the controversy surrounding former ‘Spur’ Gareth Bale, whose transfer has put Real Madrid’s spending habits under closer scrutiny.

Back
Top Bottom