The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Real Madrid fans chanting for Jose Mourinho and saying the team lacks balls and intensity. :lol:

The Spanish press would never admit that, well at least not yet. Too soon. That war is still continuing.

Last edited:
^ thats BS put out by a guy from Schalke's front office Prince even made him withdraw the comment. AC let Prince go because he got too big for his boots. He thought he was the team and every move he made was right whether it be a trick or a wayward shot. The outside influences in his life led him down the wrong path after his first season there. He became consumed with his name being in the papers and his picture being in the paper at every gala. In my opinion he will and always has been a better player when he is in a smaller team with a smaller environment around him.

Prince made a deal not to mention racism as a contributing factor hence the quick rather cheap transfer. He's not uttering a word of his experience in Italy as part of the agreement. I think the retracted statement was to squash the racism talk I honor the agreement.

Last edited:
West Brom's Manchester United match-winner Berahino is paid only £850 a week
By John Cross, Alan Nixon 7 Comments
29 Sep 2013 22:30
Starlet's annual salary isn't much more than champions' Van Persie and Rooney get daily PLUS Clarke orders his squad to party

West Brom's hero of Old Trafford hero Saido Berahino earns just £850-a-week, writes John Cross.

Berahino, 20, stunned Manchester United with a sensational winner to heap the pressure on David Moyes with a shock result which stunned football.

But Berahino has also left United’s millionaires red faced because he is on a tiny fraction of their mega-stars' salary.

The champions' first-choice strikers Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie are both on £250,000-a-week - which works out as nearly as much in a day as Berahino gets in a year.

England Under-21 international Berahino is currently in talks with West Brom about a new deal.

His existing contract gives the Baggies an option to extend his deal, on the same terms, until 2015.

Burundi-born Berahino, one of the smallest earners in the Premier League, could then leave for just £300,000 in compensation.

It has also emerged that Berahino was texted by Manchester United striker Danny Welbeck before the game, who told him to “have a good one”.

Indeed, Berahino has been in superb form this season, having also scored against Arsenal in the Capital One Cup last week and hit a hat-trick in an earlier round before his heroics at Old Trafford.

Berahino has established himself in the England U21s line-up and is set to face Arsenal again in the league next Sunday.

He has caught the eye of several Premier League clubs, with Everton watching closely.

* STEVE CLARKE ordered his West Brom players to go out and celebrate after their “historic” triumph at Manchester United, writes Alan Nixon.

After Albion’s first success at Old Trafford since 1978, the Scot explained to his men they should commemorate the stunning result: “Because you might not have a better win in your lives.”

The Baggies’ heroes – who were reminded to make sure they were in a fit state for training – booked themselves into a plush Midlands hotel to sink a few beers and toast their memorable success.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ter-united-match-winner-2321590#ixzz2gNAAJRyH
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

If united dropped to relagation zone I will be pleased, though they probably won't finish there.

Hope Man U don't make champions league though

Ibrahimovic on Pep and Jose

“Guardiola is a fantastic coach. But as a human? He is a coward. He is no man,” Ibrahimovic said.

He also claimed that star forward Lionel Messi came to Guardiola complaining about him because ”I scored more goals than him,” and since then he never stood a chance under the former Barca midfielder.

He said: “I told him that if I don’t fit here, you have to please tell me that. But all I got was sweet talk. ‘Ibra you are a super player, you do everything right’. But I still ended up on the bench.”

Ibrahimovic also added that he “would have died for [Jose] Mourinho”, whom he worked with at Inter Milan and is a rival of Guardiola from their days as opposing managers of Real Madrid and Barcelona.

“He is outstanding. Very intelligent and a great motivator. Guardiola’s philosophical team talks on the other hand — they are bull***t for the advanced,” he said.

“Mourinho can handle personalities, he is able to form a team out of 11 characters. But Guardiola isn’t. Why did he opt for Munich? Because the team functions without him.

“It’s a complete team. He bought new players, but he does not need them. It was a smart move by Guardiola, because nothing can go wrong in Munich. He will have success.”

Haha

Coupe - How do you think your beloved Porto will fare against Atleti?

I don't know, I really don't. We haven't had a challenge this big yet. We're at home so that's good, tomorrow's game will tell me a lot. I think defensively we'll be fine tho, worried more about our inexperience at the midfield, even tho I want Quintero to start the game.

I'd predict a draw. Goin to be a hard fought game. I hope it's on television, probably won't be tho. Still wondering if someone has the Fox SoccerGo subscription?

If we win tho, Real should be even more ashamed.

Last edited:
Possession, possession, possession.

Barkley in the 10 hole.

Baines bombing forward at every opportunity.

Additions of Lukaku, Barry, McCarthy.

I love it.

Buck is doing well at Anfield, but LFC may regret relinquishing more club control to obtain Martinez.

Everton looks so damn hungry...every time they're charging towards the goal you feel like anything can happen...

Back
Top Bottom