The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Lukaku in the cut, that's a scary sight.

I give the kid another season before he's a full fledged force in the leauge. I notice he gets a little touch happy in the box at time, but his strikes are true. Chelsea surely could use him at the moment.

My-T.

I welcome anything to get this man sacked.

No way he gets sacked during the season, no matter how bad things get. That'd make Sir Alex look like a fool. This is Man United, not Chelsea.

I'm telling you, Moyes will be given a couple years at least. :lol:

Last edited:
Klopp to OT would be a dream scenario to match wits with Mou, Pelligrini, AVB, Martinez, and Buck.

Kagawa approves.

Please don't come to the Prem Kloop. Stay right where you are. The football world is better off with you there at BVB. You will eventually win a CL if you stay there. :smokin

It's a free transfer. Player choice. Lewa's contract with Dortmund expires.

Bayern is the equivalent of RM to Germany. Same reason Gotze departed. Dream club. Dream manager. Regular CL. Constant titles.

RM is great because it has a Barca to push them

Barca is great because it has a RM to push them

Bayern has 100% control of that league :smh: :smh:

...and I'm pissed cause BVB is a staple for me on Fifa.

Imagine La Liga without Barcelona. Could happen if Catalunya gain independence within the next 5-7 years. Lol.

But yea Bayern needs a steady competitor, taking BVB's products is :x

Why does Bayern need Lewa?

and why would BVB sell to the bully next door?

BVB was building something special with Gotze, Lewa, Reus and Co.

Yeah I always wondered why Lewa would leave, but then a few guys on here pointed out...Munich is a nicer city to live in than Dortmund. It's a dream move for Bundesliga players because they're giants. Also, very importantly are wages. Lewa's wages will significantly increase the day he joins Bayern.

I've been wondering what would happen if a player in his prime leaving on a free demanded a signing bonus that would be like equivalent to half of what the transfer fee would have been or something.

Like a player worth 40 mil has his agent contact RM, Barca, PSG, City, Bayern, etc. and says he'll go to the highest bidder wage-wise, but he's also demanding a willingness to pay a 40mil Euro signing bonus to even enter in negotiations.

It's still basically a highly discounted transfer, and the player is the one who took on all the risk of getting injured, having a bad run of form, etc. with an expiring contract that he didn't re-up.

I guess in the Lewa case, Bayern is selling the projected massive increase in wages as compensation.

Last edited:
Bayern is the equivalent of RM to Germany. Same reason Gotze departed. Dream club. Dream manager. Regular CL. Constant titles.

Nah, Bayern is Germany's lone giant and clear top club. On paper, there will never come a time where you can say another German side has a comparable squad in terms of quality and depth. And it's Inconceivable at this point in their economic and infrastructural development that they'd ever spend more than a couple seasons as second best.

Meanwhile, in Spain, Barça are thus far the most successful Spanish club of the 21st century.

:lol: no dambs are given.

I don't think he has what it takes.

I wholly agree he won't be sacked in the season.

End of the season would be nice though.

It's obvious he's made mistakes, but he hasn't had much time to adjust his tactics to a club like United, nor has he had much opportunity to build the squad he wants. Surely as someone picked by Fergie, Charlton, etc. he should be given a proper chance and the support of the fans? Or would you prefer Roman's revolving door? Though I'm not a United fan, I've not been impressed with his start either, but had your mentality existed back in the day, Fergie would have been sacked before he did anything. Your lot have won 5 of the last 7 English titles so some patience in a transitional season isn't a big ask.

I've been wondering what would happen if a player in his prime leaving on a free demanded a signing bonus that would be like equivalent to half of what the transfer fee would have been or something.

Like a player worth 40 mil has his agent contact RM, Barca, PSG, City, Bayern, etc. and says he'll go to the highest bidder wage-wise, but he's also demanding a willingness to pay a 40mil Euro signing bonus to even enter in negotiations.

It's still basically a highly discounted transfer, and the player is the one who took on all the risk of getting injured, having a bad run of form, etc. with an expiring contract that he didn't re-up.

I guess in the Lewa case, Bayern is selling the projected massive increase in wages as compensation.

Michael Ballack? Bayern refused to sell, so he played out his contract, and got a signing bonus when he joined Chelsea. He was in the latter years of his prime, but still a top, top player, and was captain of Germany at the time. Dunno the exact bonus figure, but I'd imagine it was sizable. Lewa reportedly rejected Madrid and Chelsea recently, and with that kind of leverage he'll likely get a nice bonus too.

Last edited:
it was my understanding that Rene Meulensteen was asked to stay and decided to leave for that Anzhi job.. now hes being linked with Sunderland and Fulham jobs..

Nah, Bayern is Germany's lone giant and clear top club. On paper, there will never come a time where you can say another German side has a comparable squad in terms of quality and depth. And it's Inconceivable at this point in their economic and infrastructural development that they'd ever spend more than a couple seasons as second best.

Meanwhile, in Spain, Barça are thus far the most successful Spanish club of the 21st century.

Bayern does have the most money to spend to fortify the club year in & year out, but the other clubs in Bundesliga do compete & even win. Yes Bayern has won 6 or 7 titles dating back to 2000, but you have the likes of BVB winning 3 titles (2 back to back) as well as Werder Bremen, Stuttgart, & Wolfsburg each winning the league.

Victor Valdez's contract ends this season & will be free to go anywhere he chooses. Prior to the tax issue, it was presumed he would go to Monaco for a huge sign on bonus, but there are whispers he might end up in Man City. He's in monster form this season & he will be sorely missed.

In addition to his skill manning between the sticks, I've always enjoyed watching him celebrate when Barca scores a goal at the other end of the field. He celebrates like he scored the goal himself.

Moyes has looked incredibly rigid in the negative sense. The side he chooses often look suspect. Moyes' instance on playing only senior players is hurting him & I'm not sure why he doesn't realize that. The fact that Barkley, someone Moyes steadfastly refused to play much, is flourishing under Martinez makes you wonder about Moyes ability at a large club like Man U. Regardless, I think he's got at least 3 years. Lets not forget about Woodward. He's as culpable in this mess, if not more.

it was my understanding that Rene Meulensteen was asked to stay and decided to leave for that Anzhi job.. now hes being linked with Sunderland and Fulham jobs..

I hope he get's a shot at one of those jobs. I'd really like to see if he could manage a club. I think one of those jobs would be a good chance for the Dutchman. I have a huge amount of respect for the work he did under Sir Alex.

Last edited:
Not a big fan of these "ultra" fans but they can put on an awesome display of support for a team when not incorporating racist BS. Former Times-Picayune writer now ESPN senior writer Wright Thompson did an awesome piece about his encounters with Italian ultras. Check out the link. It's a very good read if you're interested.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/9338962/when-beautiful-game-turns-ugly

We've seen videos of Dortmund's amazing supporters, here are Legia Warsaw supporter's recent display however they've been known to chant some racist BS which lead to UEFA closing down some ultra sections in their stadium earlier this year.

my prediction for today since I won't be able to watch it live

Zenit
Schalke
Dortmund
Ajax
Chelski
Arsenal
Atletico
Barcelona

Damn Jozy... :smh: :lol:

Newcastle fan got Jozy to hold this sign & take a pic. Jozy's teammate El-Hadji Ba was pranked too..

View media item 598712

What's the context here?

Sorry, forgot to include... SMB is short for Sad Mackem Bastard. Magpies have called people from Sunderland Mackems for a long time. The song they sing during Newcastle - Sunderland games has the term in it (to the melody of The Monkees Cheer up Sleepy Jean - I think it's called Peter Reid or something).

It's a serious enough insult where former Newcastle player Lee Clark went on to play for Sunderland back in the 90s & was seen chatting with some Mapies after a game who were wearing Sad Mackem Bastard shirts & was dropped from the team immediately following.

Back
Top Bottom