The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Wonder if Nike loses Man Utd, they will try to steal another team from Adidas. Bayern, Chelsea, Real etc.

Scratch Bayern off that list, I'm pretty sure Adidas owns some of Bayern.

Lol, I wish I there was a button to take back reps bcs I'd de-rep you for quoting vanilla ice... Shame on me from even knowing those lyrics...

Thanks for clarifying that, no idea where that came from.:lol:

Got a ticket on that damn road once :lol:

Used to live right off there in Boca, Jumped off an A1A 20 foot bridge after a night of hard shrooming. Experience of a lifetime. Nature is awesome :pimp:

Nike x Real would be amazing. This years Real kit is so underwhelming.

Real was made for Nike to sponsor it, they deserve All-white kits, not white kit's with different colored striping every year :smh:. I dont think that contract expires for a longgg time tho.

Last edited:
How Zlatan Bought His Dream House
ibra10mvp
Zlatan Ibrahimović

Zlatan Ibrahimović
Filed to: I AM ZLATAN
BOOK EXCERPTS THAT DONT SUCK
BOOK EXCERPTS
SOCCER
ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC
Today 4:45pm
Share to Kinja
Share to Facebook
Share to Twitter
Go to permalink
How Zlatan Bought His Dream House
EXPAND

The World Cup has been pretty damn entertaining so far but let's face it: It would be even better were Sweden's Zlatan Ibrahimovic there. This is an excerpt from his hilarious (and surprisingly well-written) memoir, I Am Zlatan.

Helena and I would drive around here and there and rate the houses. It was this fun thing we did. We made top-10 lists, and which house do you think came in at number one? The pink one in Limhamnsvagen, of course, and it wasn't just because of my old dreams. That house was really marvelous. It was the nicest one in Malmo, but, of course, there was one problem.

There were some people living there, and they didn't want to sell, and what can you do? That was the question. We decided not to give up. Maybe give them an offer they couldn't refuse. Not that I was going to send some Rosengård guys their way, exactly. This had to be handled with style, but, even so, we decided to go on the offensive. One day, Helena was at IKEA.

She bumped into a friend there, and they got to talking about the pink house.

"Oh, some good friends of mine live in that pile," her friend said. "Set up a meeting. We want to speak to them," Helena told her.

"Are you joking?"

"Not at all," and so she did.

The friend called and explained the situation, and was told that the couple really didn't want to sell, no way. They liked living there and the neighbors were so nice and lovely and the grass was green, and the view toward Ribersborg Beach and the Øresund Strait was terrific, blah blah blah. The friend had been given her instructions and told them that we weren't going to take that as an answer from her. If they wanted to stay there, no matter what we were willing to pay, they'd have to tell us to our faces, and wouldn't it be fun to meet Zlatan and Helena over a cup of coffee? Not everyone got to do that.

They clearly thought that would be fun, so Helena and I went over, and I knew right away that I had the upper hand. I am who I am, but even so, I was of two minds. As I walked through those gates, I felt big and small at the same time, both the kid who gawked at those houses during the Mile and the guy who was a huge star. At first, I just went with Helena and checked it out, "Very nice, very nice, what a lovely place you've got here." I behaved and was polite, and all that. Over coffee, I couldn't restrain myself any longer.

"We're here because you're living in our house," I said, and the man started laughing, as if to say, How funny, and sure, I had a gleam in my eye. It was a sort of joke, a line from a movie.

Then I continued, "You can take it as a joke if you want. But I'm serious. I intend to buy this house, I'll make sure you're happy, but we're going to have it," and then he went on, saying it wasn't for sale, not under any conditions.

He was adamant—or rather, he pretended to be, but now I could hear it. It was just like on the transfer market. It was a game. The house had a price for him. I could see it in his eyes and I could sense it in the atmosphere, and I explained my thinking: I don't want to do things I don't know how to do. I'm a soccer player. I'm not a negotiator. I'll send a guy to do a deal.

There's got to be a limit somewhere. I sent a lawyer, and don't think I'm a fool who just pisses his money away. I'm a tactician. I'm careful. There was no, Get it at any price, none of that. It was, Make sure you get it for as little as possible.

Afterward, we sat at home waiting. It was a bit of a drama. Then the call came. "They'll sell for 30 mil"—and there was nothing to discuss. We bought it for 30 million kronor (around $3.5 million), and honestly, for that kind of money I bet that couple went skipping out of the house.

I'd done it. Sure, it wasn't free. We'd paid to be able to kick them out. This was just the beginning. We went mad renovating the place. We didn't cut any corners. We couldn't make the garden wall higher. The council said no. What could we do? We wanted a higher wall so no fans or stalkers could stand out there and look in on us. So we dug ourselves deeper instead. We lowered the level of the plot. There were loads of things like that. We really went to town, and that wasn't always popular.

The houses in that neighborhood are usually passed down as inheritances. Daddy's money pays, and nobody from my sort of back- ground had moved in before. It's all ritzy people, and there's nobody who speaks like me, who says stuff like "the wickedest house," and that. Here they use words like "distinguished" and "extraordinary."

I wanted to show that a guy like me could get in here with his own money. That was important to me right from the start, and I hadn't expected everybody to give me a round of applause. Even so, I was still surprised at the neighbors: What, they're going to do this and that? They carried on like that constantly. They moaned. We didn't care, though, and we made that house just the way we wanted it.

It was Helena who worked at it. She was incredibly thorough and got help from various museums and whatever. I wasn't as involved as she was. I don't have the same instinct for those things, but there was one thing I contributed. On the red feature wall in the foyer, I hung a big picture of two dirty feet. When my friends came by, they were all like, Awesome, wicked, cool place you've got here.

"But what are these disgusting feet doing here? How can you have this **** on your wall?"

"You idiots," I said. "Those feet have paid for all of this."

Zlatan is the best.

Dude is money everywhere he goes...except for one place 
laugh.gif

nike aint ever leaving real lol adidas would literally throw BAGS to keep them

same with barca/nike imo

same with barca/nike imo
ionno man.. nikes top selling club is united (sold most of any club) and they look prepared to let us go.. although reports this morning show Nike have said they are still negotiating with united

SIGNING: Manchester Citeh sign Malaga's Willy (MCFC)

Citeh are delighted to announce the signing of Argentinian goalkeeper Willy Caballero.
The 32-year-old has joined the club from Malaga on a 3 year deal and will bring a wealth of experience as he joins fellow keepers Joe Hart and Richard Wright.

Willy%20Signing%20shot.ashx

Last edited:

same with barca/nike imo

Barca and Real should switch. Adidas does a great with striped kits (would live to see the Catalan flag stripes running down the blaugrana kits), Nike does a great job of keeping it simple (which Real hasn't really been under there time at Adidas)

It'll never happen...

But if Nike lose United, after having already lost so many other clubs - they have to keep to come up with a top team list to hijack from Adidas within the next couple years. Maybe Chelsea? Maybe more international teams? Maybe Real would be in play but that's like 5 years away. Wonder if Nike taking on that NFl contract is the reason they've decided to let so many clubs go.

Last edited:

same with barca/nike imo

Barca and Real should switch. Adidas does a great with striped kits (would live to see the Catalan flag stripes running down the blaugrana kits), Nike does a great job of keeping it simple (which Real hasn't really been under there time at Adidas)

It'll never happen...

But if Nike lose United, after having already lost so many other clubs - they have to keep to come up with a top team list to hijack from Adidas within the next couple years. Maybe Chelsea? Maybe more international teams? Maybe Real would be in play but that's like 5 years away. Wonder if Nike taking on that NFl contract is the reason they've decided to let so many clubs go.

What are jersey sales like for the whole NFL looking like?

As valuable as that deal may be, I don't know why a company would drop very lucrative contracts, cause they're looking at securing another big deal. I would think Nike has the capacity to get the NFL deal, and still produce other European football jerseys.

^ Love watching Caballero playing keeper. Joe Hart doesn't have any room for error now.

:lol: Forgot all about that Pique/Ibra pic. What a tender moment.

Real Madrid released a tribute vid Alfredo Di Stefano. It's cool seeing him also in his ambassador role over the years welcoming fellow galacticos.

Also Sky Sports talks with SAF about Di Stefano & his passing.

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Nike denies ending Man United kit deal[/COLOR]

Sportswear company Nike says it is still in discussions with Manchester United over renewing their kit deal despite reports it has walked away from negotiations.

Sources close to the talks say Nike is unwilling to match the amount of money United are asking -- in excess of $1 billion over a 10-year period, according to Forbes -- and reports have suggested rival adidas is in pole position to clinch a deal which could see the club earn 60 million pounds a year from 2015.

It would replace the 13-year deal United signed with Nike in 2002 that was worth a minimum of 303 million pounds, with extra income from a profit-share agreement from merchandise sold worldwide.

A Nike spokeswoman said talks were ongoing, however, telling Press Association Sport in an email: "Manchester United are a great club and we remain in discussions with them.''

International news agency Reuters had reported that Nike was set to end its affiliation with the Old Trafford club, who this week launched the first kit under their new and lucrative shirt sponsorship deal with U.S. car manufacturer Chevrolet.

The agency quotes a source as saying: "Clearly Nike's football business is booming and they could easily afford to do this [deal]. They had the right to match any other offer but looking at the deal on the table, they will walk away as it doesn't make commercial sense."

Neither Manchester United nor adidas have commented on the latest report.

United's worldwide fanbase and consistent success on the pitch cultivated in the Premier League era has seen them routinely break records when negotiating new sponsorship, but their failure to qualify for the Champions League last season could affect the value of any such deals in the near future.

http://www.espnfc.us/barclays-premi...nike-denies-ending-manchester-united-kit-deal

Last edited:
I guess Gala wants another has been Italian coach. Funny thing is the Azzurri have Mancini on their list of candidates for the managing job.

Very interesting screen shot. Below was the roster for the UEFA European Under-21 Championship back in '09 when Germany beat up England 4-nil. Look how many of the German players made it onto the current national team vs how many English players made it (apologies to @BlackMomo, this isn't intended as Prem bashing :rolleyes)

View media item 1067017

Last edited:
Fulham agree £11m Ross McCormack deal with Leeds
ross-mccormack-leeds-united-qpr-goal-celeb-championship_3092609.jpg

Euro Papers: Real accept United bid for Di Maria

PSG are ready to present mammoth offer for Real Madrid’s Di Maria, Manchester United…

08/07/2014 - 00:13
di Enrico Passarella
dimaria.jpg
PSG are trying to acquire Angel Di Maria. Real Madrid’s winger is one of PSG’s target. They are ready to present a €60M offer to buy the former Benfica player. Real Madrid ponder, also because they are unlikely to match Di Maria’s requests on the extension of the contract. He’s asking for €8M wages, PSG are ready to give him that figure. Manchester United are pursuing Di Maria too, but now they are facing a very tough competitor. The future of the Argentinian ace could be in France or in England.

Back
Top Bottom