The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

SecondaryIncredibleGalapagossealion.gif

Fifa partner's CEO Ray Whelan arrested over ticket scam
Jump media playerMedia player help
Out of media player. Press enter to return or tab to continue.
Ray Whelan was detained at Copacabana Palace Hotel as Wyre Davies reports
Continue reading the main story
Related Stories

Fifa linked to Brazil ticket gang
Police arrest World Cup 'tout gang'
Warning to fans over World Cup scams
Brazilian police have arrested the chief executive of a Fifa partner company as part of investigations into the illegal sale of World Cup tickets.

Ray Whelan from Match Hospitality was held at the Rio de Janeiro hotel where officials from the world's football governing body were also staying.

He was freed after questioning. Match Hospitality said in a statement that it expected Mr Whelan to be "exonerated".

Last week, police held 11 people over illegal ticket sales.

They are accused of illegally reselling tickets, including some originally allocated to players.

Police say an international gang earned as much as $90m (£52m) per tournament and could have operated at four World Cups.

Computers seized
Mr Whelan, a British national, was arrested at the Copacabana Palace Hotel on Monday.

He was taken for questioning as part of the ongoing police investigation Operation Jules Rimet, and released on Tuesday.

The Switzerland-based Match Hospitality - part of UK sports event manager Byrom based in Cheadle, near Manchester - said on Tuesday that it was assisting the police investigation.

In a statement, the company said it had "complete faith that the facts would establish" that Mr Whelan had not violated any laws.

A statement from Fifa said that it "continues to fully collaborate with the local authorities and will provide any details requested to assist with this ongoing investigation".

"Fifa wants to reiterate as mentioned at various occasions its firm stance against any form of violation of the criminal law and the ticketing regulations, and is fully supporting the security authorities in our joint efforts to clamp down on any unauthorised ticket sales."

Sky Sources: Southampton sign midfielder Dusan Tadic on four-year deal
BsCNiTCCcAAookM.png

@EliotRothwell Eduardo Da Silva leaves Shakhtar for Flamengo. Still a tidy player, never been same since he got Martin Taylored.

I love Eduadro, I wish him the best of luck

@MickTheGooner Arsenal to sign Sanchez & Debuchy in next 48 hours. (SSN)

Last edited:
What are jersey sales like for the whole NFL looking like?

As valuable as that deal may be, I don't know why a company would drop very lucrative contracts, cause they're looking at securing another big deal. I would think Nike has the capacity to get the NFL deal, and still produce other European football jerseys.

Jersey sales are great in the NFL. Of course it's not on a soccer level but it's the best in the states.

Nike def has the capital and capacity to keep the NFL deal and Euro football kits. But maybe they've refocused or changed direction. Seems odd. Ever since the NFL deal United have lost big clubs like Arsenal, Juventus, and now maybe United. These are top ten selling teams. Maybe it's just coincidence, Maybe not.

I said that in jest beans... There is no way they have the cash to do that unless they do a break even/slight loss model just to get their name in the market with a giant club...

:smh: What a moron.

World Cup is a homosexual abomination - Russian priest

View media item 1067392
By Miles Chambers
Jul 8, 2014 18:42:00

Alexander Shumsky, a Christianity figure, has controversially slammed the haircuts and multi-coloured boots adorned by players in Brazil this summer

The World Cup is "a homosexual abomination", according to one angry Russian priest, who says male footballers may as well wear women's underwear and bras.

Orthodox Christianity religious figure Alexander Shumsky came out with the controversial stance against the biggest single event sporting competition as it reaches the semi-final stage.

Although most people might see the different types and colours of boots adorned by footballers as a good variety, Shumsky slammed the choice of footwear and claims that liberals are trying to drown traditional Christianity with football.

"Wearing pink and blue shoes is like wearing women's underwear or wearing a bra," he ranted on Christian website Russian People's Line.

"The liberal ideology of globalisation is opposed to Christian values with football. I'm sure of it."

The pink and blue boots which Shumsky is referring to are PUMA Tricks, which were released shortly before the tournament and were worn in South American this summer by the likes of Italy's Mario Balotelli, Spain's Cesc Fabregas and Brazil's Dante.

Russia, coached by Fabio Capello, were unable to scrape out of Group H and were sent packing early in the tournament but Shumsky is delighted that his compatriots made a swift exit.

"I am glad that Russia were eliminated and, by God's grace, no longer participate in this homosexual abomination that is the World Cup."

The Russian priest even took offence at footballers' haircuts, branding them "unthinkable" during his controversial rant.

Fifa will be hoping that Shumsky represents a tiny minority of Russians as the nation will be hosting the World Cup in four years' time.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/3790/wo...exual-abomination-russian-priest?ICID=HP_HN_1

Nah I'm going to Russia in 2018 soooo...

They call this dude a "figure" chances are he's just the equivalent of a baptist preacher 
roll.gif

@samuelJayC Inter have a new left-back. 22-year old Brazilian Dodô has signed from Roma. 2-year loan with option to buy.
BsCoKUYCYAA5-ci.jpg

yeah i have no idea how we will line up next season, with the roster the only formation that can work is a 4231 as far as im concerned and its still not right

Back
Top Bottom