the thread about nothing...

Can anyone recommend some documentaries for me to watch? Nothing about war and death please

Last edited:
flying back to campus tomorrow. Just realized I have a 3 hour layover in Detroit 
eek.gif
sick.gif
 Guess I'll catch up on Maestro Knows episodes and new music 

Can anyone recommend some documentaries for me to watch? Nothing about war and death please

super high me (doug benson take on super size me but w/ weed)
jiro loves sushi (about famous sushi chef)
bastards of the party (history of cali gang culture)
doin it in the park (nyc park b-ball)
the king of kong (battle for donkey kong supremacy)
crumb (cartoonist robert crumb)
the comedians of comedy (doc about comedians of comedy tour)

i hate it when someone asks you for suggestions and you come up blank. i watch alot of documentaries and now i cant remember the names of any of my favorites.

Last edited:
I dont even know what to talk about in here anymore...
Things that either don't have a current thread and aren't important enough to warrant a lot of discussion. 
Has anyone written a paper on the korean war? I am struggling hard core w/very little insight about this war. And I have to write 10 pages on it due tomorrow by 8am. I've been doing research and I highly doubt i can write 10 pages about it. Someone please come to my aid!!
How much do you have? What's the grade level? Was there a prompt or paper focus? Is it just a general paper or is it specific in nature.

It's a war, you can write ten pages on it. A half a page intro that introduces the topic and gives you thesis.  You do two to three pages of background (the participants, the buildup and reasons for war, how and why did it escalate). Three to four pages of the actual war (a general timeline with a focus on major battles, important figures, decisive moments). Two to three pages on the aftermath (who won and who lost, the lasting impact on the participants, the legacy of the war). Then a half a page conclusion that restates your thesis and what you proved and discussed. 

That's just if it's a general history paper on the war. If you've been given a specific prompt or areas to focus, then the work is easier and you know where to go. If not, hit the background, reasons, and motives... then the battles, major figures, turning points... then a conclusion/wrap-up with the direct impact, long lasting impact, and overall legacy of the war.

Last edited:

super high me (doug benson take on super size me but w/ weed)
jiro loves sushi (about famous sushi chef)
bastards of the party (history of cali gang culture)
doin it in the park (nyc park b-ball)
the king of kong (battle for donkey kong supremacy)
crumb (cartoonist robert crumb)
the comedians of comedy (doc about comedians of comedy tour)

i hate it when someone asks you for suggestions and you come up blank. i watch alot of documentaries and now i cant remember the names of any of my favorites.

Thanks guys. I wanted to watch that 303 for 30 but missed it and will be checking some of these out as well. I really like documentaries

who remembers the documentary about that one crackhead who could hoop, dude was like 40 yrs old doing 360's in prison??

Not what you're looking for, but if you want to see a great documentary check out The Cove. And Yes on the King of Kong...Billy MItchell >: :lol: :smokin :smh:

Had more than a week to work on the rough draft of my English paper and here I am with 8 hours until its due not even halfway finished. I have no idea why I couldn't think of anything used instead of sitting around. I am so upset at my lack of writing ability over the last week. I deserve to suffer.

Thanks guys. I wanted to watch that 303 for 30 but missed it and will be checking some of these out as well. I really like documentaries

lemme add, high on crack street: lost lives in lowell. this doc follows the real life brother of marky marks character in the fighter.

rebounds-playing basketball in the minors

the iran job - us b-ball player playing in iran

Last edited:
i have way too much free time... filling out apps, i have a couple connections so i'm pretty sure i'll get hired. Been too lazy to even try to find work for the last month.

gotta get myself together :smh: this isn't a good look

As posted before all the ESPN films are amazing the 30 for 30 on ole miss and Ben Wilson were mind blowing not to mention I knew a few of the people who were on bens.

Update on the rental car: me and my dad tried to handle some of the scratches got a lot of them out still noticeable I came back home to Ann Arbor and he's taking it to his boy who owns a Toyota dealer to get the mirror and then to his other friend who owns a body shop hoping for the best.

Hope everybody had a great thanksgiving week back to the grind tomorrow NT

Back
Top Bottom