the thread about nothing...

49.5f is pretty cold for the warmest part of the day. I imagine its low 40s/high 30s in the apartment in the middle of the night.

If anybody if planing a move to Austin, try to find a spot with a fireplace. I don’t even know if I would trust people saying they’re on a critical grid at this point.
that would just be the normal/ideal weather from where I am currently at. 26.6 is what is considered as freezing and not that great. just a few days ago, I slipped on an icy walkway, dropped and scrapped my knee. can't even be mad since I was in pain. friggin neighborhood idiot decided to wash his car on a cold freezing day and left the sidewalk wet which froze. I have more tolerance with cold weather than hot ones. although both extreme weathers are not for me. once the weather goes above 68F, I would start feeling uncomfortable.

Wordle 596 3/6

⬛🟨🟨🟨⬛
🟨🟩⬛🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

68AE3678-7693-4BD5-B73B-758E0F17CA8F.jpeg

It’s a dramatic transition, and took some time getting used to. I run pretty hard, though, as a heel striker, so it’s actually great when you get the feel.

I have two other pairs in rotation, both heavily cushioned, Nike React Infinity and Saucony Triumph— the ASICS are by far the softest, easiest ride.
Nice. Looking forward to it. I have a lot of memories with the Infinity. It was the first real running shoe I bought when I got back into shape in 2020. Felt like I was running on the moon. Only problem was it was a little too narrow. I noticed that's a theme with nike running shoes. I tried on a few Saucony shoes but they felt a little too tight as well. Might give them a revisit tho. They keep pumping out good stuff.

Currently on my 4th pair of 1080v11's.

Went out with my best friend/coworker yesterday to a "Minder Tinder (less Tinder)" event at a club, both already pretty drunk when we got there.
Turns out we missed the part where it was an age 40+ event, but my friend said she saw that the drinks were very cheap so I bribed the entry guy to let us in.
Man there are some horny af cougars out there :lol: I've been to the same event but for our age group (mid 20s) and that's nowhere near as wild.

that would just be the normal/ideal weather from where I am currently at. 26.6 is what is considered as freezing and not that great. just a few days ago, I slipped on an icy walkway, dropped and scrapped my knee. can't even be mad since I was in pain. friggin neighborhood idiot decided to wash his car on a cold freezing day and left the sidewalk wet which froze. I have more tolerance with cold weather than hot ones. although both extreme weathers are not for me. once the weather goes above 68F, I would start feeling uncomfortable.

Oh, I understand that it isn’t cold for an outside temperature whatsoever. That weather feels fine outside, but inside an apartment with no power/sunlight it feels bone chilling. That was after 72+ hours without power In an apartment with concrete floors and terrible insulation.

I will be curious where it is at today when I check. It warmed up outside now, but still no power.

Oh, I understand that it isn’t cold for an outside temperature whatsoever. That weather feels fine outside, but inside an apartment with no power/sunlight it feels bone chilling. That was after 72+ hours without power In an apartment with concrete floors and terrible insulation.

I will be curious where it is at today when I check. It warmed up outside now, but still no power.
it can be really cold with that kind of home setup with poor insulation. although during the winter, I much prefer wearing a sweater inside the house than turn the heater above 68F. hate the dry feeling that a heater emits and make it difficult to breathe.

Went out with my best friend/coworker yesterday to a "Minder Tinder (less Tinder)" event at a club, both already pretty drunk when we got there.
Turns out we missed the part where it was an age 40+ event, but my friend said she saw that the drinks were very cheap so I bribed the entry guy to let us in.
Man there are some horny af cougars out there :lol: I've been to the same event but for our age group (mid 20s) and that's nowhere near as wild.
want to go to that kind of party. found it just a bit unusual that your age group ain't that unhinged.

it can be really cold with that kind of home setup with poor insulation. although during the winter, I much prefer wearing a sweater inside the house than turn the heater above 68F. hate the dry feeling that a heater emits and make it difficult to breathe.

I am with you, I keep it at 66 in the winter and 78 in the summer. Anything else and the electric bill becomes hundreds because of the trash insulation.

Dry doesn’t seem possible here, bedroom stays between 55% and 65% humidity according to that thermometer I got at Christmas.

At Christmas it got into the 20s here and the thermostat was at 66c bedroom was still 58.

Back
Top Bottom