the thread about nothing...

Screenshot_20230203-142133~2.jpg
Ahht Ahht. Not today, on this made up holiday.

The way IKEA designed their checkout line so that you have to walk through every single section in the store to get there is annoying but very smart

Ice storm wreaked havoc in Austin. Electricity been out in my complex since Wednesday at 3 am. Came on for a few hours Wednesday night, but not a peep since.

My complex only lost power to half the buildings. Naturally, my building was in the half that lost it.

Went out at 3AM Wednesday like you, but came back on at 6AM. Woke up made coffee and started working and at like 8AM it went out again. Was off til 6:30PM Friday when it came back for 5 minutes before blowing out as soon as the repair crew left. I got low expectations it gets turned back on tomorrow.

Edit: Excuse the dust. This was the temp in the bedroom when I dropped in today to pick some stuff up.

C7F07C1A-36CE-420E-9025-1963B9A9381B.jpeg

Last edited:
My complex only lost power to half the buildings. Naturally, my building was in the half that lost it.

Went out at 3AM Wednesday like you, but came back on at 6AM. Woke up made coffee and started working and at like 8AM it went out again. Was off til 6:30PM Friday when it came back for 5 minutes before blowing out as soon as the repair crew left. I got low expectations it gets turned back on tomorrow.

Edit: Excuse the dust. This was the temp in the bedroom when I dropped in today to pick some stuff up.

C7F07C1A-36CE-420E-9025-1963B9A9381B.jpeg
not bad.

Power finally back on. Man. hopefully l never take it for granted.
My boy said something profound: in emergencies, our idea of a superstar changes. Basically saying it makes us realize how important electricians, plumbers, dentists etc are.

Hope it stays on, man. It really is a toss up now. They still can’t give a timeline on restoration And told us they might bot be back out to work on it today.

49.5f is pretty cold for the warmest part of the day. I imagine its low 40s/high 30s in the apartment in the middle of the night.

If anybody if planing a move to Austin, try to find a spot with a fireplace. I don’t even know if I would trust people saying they’re on a critical grid at this point.

Comcast may have changed their name, but that customer service remains A1 trash.
I left comcast a long time ago. Customer service was absolutely horrible. I think DirecTV has the best customer service out there. They pretty much will go above & beyond to keep you as a customer. All I have to do is call for discounts.

I left comcast a long time ago. Customer service was absolutely horrible. I think DirecTV has the best customer service out there. They pretty much will go above & beyond to keep you as a customer. All I have to do is call for discounts.
Was on the phone with them 4 hours yesterday...same damn issue happened today so guess who had the pleasure of another 3 hours on the phone with them?

Half way through today's call I legit thought I was stupid and insane for continuing to put myself through this ****. T-mobile internet can't be that damn bad. I pay for enough streaming services so tv shows and **** is covered.

I'm pretty ******* stupid.

Was on the phone with them 4 hours yesterday...same damn issue happened today so guess who had the pleasure of another 3 hours on the phone with them?

Half way through today's call I legit thought I was stupid and insane for continuing to put myself through this ****. T-mobile internet can't be that damn bad. I pay for enough streaming services so tv shows and **** is covered.

I'm pretty ****ing stupid.
3-4 hours is crazy. That's a toxic relationship :lol:. You gotta leave immediately.

Back
Top Bottom