the thread about nothing...

Never seen one episode of Friends. The most I did was 2-3 minutes :lol:
Friends not bad at all, it's like a lot of sitcoms easy to watch even when tired, while you also got better ones but who deserve more attention (Seinfeld), because when you're okay you could like irony, sarcasm, spirit etc. but when you're tired some more basic humor could do it.
And to be perfectly fair Friends has its moments, Brad Pitt, Bruce Willis, also Chandler was a great character. Defaults according to me are Rachel/Ross, didn't care about their romance, Joey being "seductive" character at first but the more the show goes the more he's the stupid dude, also they played too much with Phoebee supposed craziness...I love Chandler and Monica. Kramer's craziness in Seinfeld never disturbed me. And I prefer Seinfeld, their defaults are more speaking to me. They're not good people :lol: while Friends is not really realistic, every one got good intentions...meh.

reading signals is quite difficult because it's based on assumptions. for me, I wouldn't go that far on assumptions unless I push the buttons/boundaries and see what happens. I have noticed that women feel comfortable and secure having wholesome conversations with me and sometimes women stuff that typically women wouldn't discuss with a male companion. women knew that I'm married and have seen my wife, guess that's where their confidence and my confidence with interacting with them comes from. I normally go to some extent on entering on conversations and when to stop. part of it has to do with the type of conversation and interests. in most times, my interests coincides with most females. I don't see myself highly irresistible or interesting though I see myself as mainly plain or could be boring at times mainly due to age. I dunno, but women just approach me and ask sometimes to tag me along with them, involve in certain conversations that my fellow male co-workers don't have the confidence to do, offered a ride, asked for a favor, etc.... I wouldn't think anything other than friendship. now, if things get a little physical (not about sex but physical contact), then you would know that you are into something different. both should be consensual like when the person returns your affection or you returning theirs. for me, I avoid being physical coz that would mean the start of trouble. it's better to make your motives clear. some women though are aggressive and are trying ways to get you to be physical with them. some like asking you to massage them, hold their hands, etc...

now I have seen co-workers that are involved with each other despite trying to hide it but their actions pretty much a tell-tale sign. again, it's the physical contact.

Yes I think women feel comfortable with you because they don't think you're going to try something like average dudes, and some guys are just interested by women as bodies so they must appreciate to share things with you without anything sexual

Normally I would never share a woman’s private texts either but this was a unique situation that was so confusing to me that I saw sharing them with a woman (in person so no screenshots or anything) as the best option to help me make sense of it.

I picked our main boss, the co-founder of the company, because she’s the female friend I trust the most and I know she (her name is Eva) wouldn’t start judging or viewing Amy or me any differently than before.
I left as much of the sex talk out as possible besides some parts that came off as flagrantly flirty.

Before sharing the texts, I explained to Eva why I felt this was necessary and subsequently if she was truly ok with the proposition.I also warned her that some parts contained sexually explicit information about not only Amy but myself as well.
Lastly I asked Eva that she had to do her best in continuing to view us, particularly Amy, no differently than before.
When I was showing Eva the texts, she quickly remarked something like ‘ok I see why you needed my input, any man would be very confused by a situation like this.’
She added that in the years she’s known Amy, she has known her to be flirty but never with guys, let alone a coworker she just met.

It was Eva’s idea actually to clear up the confusion without making things awkward by asking Amy a roundabout question that would indirectly lead to a clear-cut answer that would lift my confusion once and for all. And that plan ended up working exactly how Eva said it would.

So all in all I think it was the right decision given the unique circumstances. On paper, showing our private texts to our primary boss of all people, the founder of the company, looks bad on paper but Eva is one of the people I trust 100%.

Yes, Amy seemed to have find some comprehension and tolerance from you that she might not have been with other men as she probably knew acting like she does would have led her to trouble with average men. Which could explain your boss being astonished. That's a nice compliment for you from her in fact. All men wouldn't accept the fact a woman "played" with their feelings, sensitivity or horniness

Are there any sitcoms w/o laugh tracks?
Like people said The Office and Modern Family deserve respect.
But there are also great ones despite of those disappointing laugh tracks, Seinfeld & Married with Children.
Everyone knows how Seinfeld is great so I don't need to explain. It's subtle etc. But Married with Children is really something.
I remember as a child I was quite bored by the fact every sitcom sounds fake. Even the ones I actually did like as Step by Step or The Cosby Show.
Married with Children and The Fresh Prince of Bel Air were more realistic to me. The gap between Will and the rest of his family was very interesting.
Especially his relation with Phil. Because, from what I remember, Phil and Will had difficult times, incomprehension, but the more the time passed the more Phil saw Will's value, and his way of being rude with him came from good intentions as he estimated him and don't want him to finish like his friend Jazz...
It could evoke a comparison between Theo Huxtable and his father from the weed episode, or Jesse/Mike in Breaking Bad but I'm digressing...
To talk about Married with Children, the thing I loved from this show was at the time in France everything coming from the US have an ending moral.
But not this one, and it's always nice to see some self-mockery, when well done, some satire.
Even The Simpsons or South Park have some kind of moral, ok we could assume for South Park it's not necessary first degree, but still.
Love and Married also proved being clever doesn't necessary help (Bud) :lol:
Finally Seinfeld and Love and Married are more about real people I think, relatable defaults
Superficial, sneaky, I'm in :rofl:

Sinead O'Connor is alleging that Prince assaulted her during a pillow fight.
She's only 54, idk why I thought she was at least 70. Not based on looks, but just bc I've heard that name since I was a child.

Friends not bad at all, it's like a lot of sitcoms easy to watch even when tired, while you also got better ones but who deserve more attention (Seinfeld), because when you're okay you could like irony, sarcasm, spirit etc. but when you're tired some more basic humor could do it.
And to be perfectly fair Friends has its moments, Brad Pitt, Bruce Willis, also Chandler was a great character. Defaults according to me are Rachel/Ross, didn't care about their romance, Joey being "seductive" character at first but the more the show goes the more he's the stupid dude, also they played too much with Phoebee supposed craziness...I love Chandler and Monica. Kramer's craziness in Seinfeld never disturbed me. And I prefer Seinfeld, their defaults are more speaking to me. They're not good people :lol: while Friends is not really realistic, every one got good intentions...meh.
since you brought up Bruce Willis, it was that guesting that made me die laughing hysterically. I dunno if you remember, the Love Machine Blackmail. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
what else, the Europe BackPacking story and the one with Brooke Shields as a crazy stalker (Hanz Ramoray episode). the last one was ridiculously funny because it was an impromptu (the water spilling part).

Sinead O'Connor is alleging that Prince assaulted her during a pillow fight.
She's only 54, idk why I thought she was at least 70. Not based on looks, but just bc I've heard that name since I was a child.
Prince? I wouldn't be even surprised. guess that's what made her such a pope hater.

since you brought up Bruce Willis, it was that guesting that made me die laughing hysterically. I dunno if you remember, the Love Machine Blackmail. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
what else, the Europe BackPacking story and the one with Brooke Shields as a crazy stalker (Hanz Ramoray episode). the last one was ridiculously funny because it was an impromptu (the water spilling part).
Brad Pitt and Bruce Willis episodes are near perfect, plus when Rachel regretted how she turned virile Bruce into a little girl :rofl:
This and when Monica and Brad's character have some healthy complicity, as they were both fat and now seductive people no one guess they were :lol:
Especially Rachel...It's very funny because it shows something real about some ancient fat people : even if they're in good shape now, they could still feel like before, so they could have a lot of success with men or women, but they don't react to it like just people who always have been in a good shape.
And the hysterical paranoid woman with Joey and the water time was great too :lol:
Friends is definitely not a bad show, it's just that it had a huge success despite the fact other shows were better in terms of writing and had less, so it could appear as an injustice, but it is not.
People tend to denigrate some success, but what success means ? Popular, so, if the humor is too subtle, it would please less people, that's logic.
And popular things permit people to be connected from different countries, ages, around something, so something not cleaving or "elitist" could be a good thing.
But yes, Ross and Rachel were boring...
One which never disappointed me was Janice and how Chandler is deeply a coward :lol:

dbd54fae.jpg

What about Rachel's boss and Chandler situation ? :lol:

Yes I think women feel comfortable with you because they don't think you're going to try something like average dudes, and some guys are just interested by women as bodies so they must appreciate to share things with you without anything sexual

Yes, Amy seemed to have find some comprehension and tolerance from you that she might not have been with other men as she probably knew acting like she does would have led her to trouble
Amy first helped me out greatly on a personal level shortly after getting to know her, otherwise I presumably wouldn’t have been so patient or willing to deal with what frustrated/confused me at first.

In all the years prior to getting to know her, I’ve always been a completely closed book irl when it came to mental health. I had always resisted all previous attempts to get me to really open up but Amy made it her mission to ‘unlock’ that blockade and eventually succeeded. Since then I’ve completely changed to a pretty open person in general, not just with her, so I really can’t thank her enough for her efforts.

The consequence of years of cropping up traumatic experiences (my dad beat and raped my mom for years throughout highschool, the latter of which I sometimes witnessed or heard due to the screaming, and he also slit his wrists infront of me once) was that my brain decided to build up a defense mechanism that turned me into an emotional flatline. I think in my medical situation that’s mainly positive as it helps me stay mentally calm and positive when getting bad news, never ever get angry or even remotely close to it, ...

One thing I noticed when Amy told me about the depression and suicidal thoughts was that she was extremely worried and apprehensive about “dragging other people’s emotions down with [her].” and that made it very hard for her to talk to anyone about her most serious struggles.
However her talking to me about her depression or even her suicidal thoughts doesn’t really evoke an emotional response in me, which she knows and understands, so she never has to worry at all about dragging me down with her. Just being able to nullify that fear lifted a big burden off her shoulders and from there I just tried to be a good listener. She got back on her feet within about 3-4 weeks after the initial suicide thoughts conversation and has now been consistently happy for the past 2 months.

Amy first helped me out greatly on a personal level shortly after getting to know her, otherwise I presumably wouldn’t have been so patient or willing to deal with what frustrated/confused me at first.

In all the years prior to getting to know her, I’ve always been a completely closed book irl when it came to mental health. I had always resisted all previous attempts to get me to really open up but Amy made it her mission to ‘unlock’ that blockade and eventually succeeded. Since then I’ve completely changed to a pretty open person in general, not just with her, so I really can’t thank her enough for her efforts.

The consequence of years of cropping up traumatic experiences (my dad beat and raped my mom for years throughout highschool, the latter of which I sometimes witnessed or heard due to the screaming, and he also slit his wrists infront of me once) was that my brain decided to build up a defense mechanism that turned me into an emotional flatline. I think in my medical situation that’s mainly positive as it helps me stay mentally calm and positive when getting bad news, never ever get angry or even remotely close to it, ...

One thing I noticed when Amy told me about the depression and suicidal thoughts was that she was extremely worried and apprehensive about “dragging other people’s emotions down with [her].” and that made it very hard for her to talk to anyone about her most serious struggles.
However her talking to me about her depression or even her suicidal thoughts doesn’t really evoke an emotional response in me, which she knows and understands, so she never has to worry at all about dragging me down with her. Just being able to nullify that fear lifted a big burden off her shoulders and from there I just tried to be a good listener. She got back on her feet within about 3-4 weeks after the initial suicide thoughts conversation and has now been consistently happy for the past 2 months.
That's great because you seem to be a good help for each other, the fact you have this protection due to your past which permits you to listen to hear without suffering from the content, and it's funny because I don't know for you but I realize with years, when it comes to women, it could be intentional or not but each one being different, there are some similarities between both as if the notion of choice wasn't entirely real, like if we were to chose someone, but if that someone needed to be related to us by some kind of past or something, hard to explain

The Office is one of my favorite shows in general and doesn’t have a laughtrack. I think laugh tracks make the ‘comedy’ come off very forced and less funny, if funny at all.
Like people said The Office and Modern Family deserve respect.
But there are also great ones despite of those disappointing laugh tracks, Seinfeld & Married with Children.
Everyone knows how Seinfeld is great so I don't need to explain. It's subtle etc. But Married with Children is really something.
I remember as a child I was quite bored by the fact every sitcom sounds fake. Even the ones I actually did like as Step by Step or The Cosby Show.
Married with Children and The Fresh Prince of Bel Air were more realistic to me. The gap between Will and the rest of his family was very interesting.
Especially his relation with Phil. Because, from what I remember, Phil and Will had difficult times, incomprehension, but the more the time passed the more Phil saw Will's value, and his way of being rude with him came from good intentions as he estimated him and don't want him to finish like his friend Jazz...
It could evoke a comparison between Theo Huxtable and his father from the weed episode, or Jesse/Mike in Breaking Bad but I'm digressing...
To talk about Married with Children, the thing I loved from this show was at the time in France everything coming from the US have an ending moral.
But not this one, and it's always nice to see some self-mockery, when well done, some satire.
Even The Simpsons or South Park have some kind of moral, ok we could assume for South Park it's not necessary first degree, but still.
Love and Married also proved being clever doesn't necessary help (Bud) :lol:
Finally Seinfeld and Love and Married are more about real people I think, relatable defaults
Superficial, sneaky, I'm in :rofl:
So apparently I don’t know what a sitcom is. Until reading your responses, I was under the impression that sitcoms were essentially plays in front of live audience. I new the laugh tracks were embellished, but yeah idk. What exactly is a sitcom?

The Office is one of my favorite shows in general and doesn’t have a laughtrack. I think laugh tracks make the ‘comedy’ come off very forced and less funny, if funny at all.
In some instances it does. I have seen other shows where the laugh track didn't work for me at all. The Office for me didn't grow, so does Breaking Bad. Even worse on how the breaking bad fanbase become so rabid that made me hate the show just to annoy the fanbase.

So apparently I don’t know what a sitcom is. Until reading your responses, I was under the impression that sitcoms were essentially plays in front of live audience. I new the laugh tracks were embellished, but yeah idk. What exactly is a sitcom?
"Studio-shot sitcom (official recommendation) in short episodes that features characters in familiar social situations. "

This girl i just met a week prior had sent me an exotic video of herself last night which caught me off guard AF

she looks good but she has four kids 😬
I dont even wanna be involved tbh but that milf body is looking correct 🔥
That's why she sent it to you :lol:
She knows her assets and having four kids isn't one of them so she's reassuring telling you no body has been destroyed during the process :rofl:

That's why she sent it to you :lol:
She knows her assets and having four kids isn't one of them so she's reassuring telling you no body has been destroyed during the process :rofl:
i was just in a maternity hospital for clinical rotation and ive seen what giving birth does to da 🐱 her kitty on the other hand, looked brand new

Back
Top Bottom