the thread about nothing...

This is my last post about this cuz I don't wanna make this the music forum but this person summed it up better than me..

"Michael Jackson was making albums full of singles on a quest to clearly body the game. ****, Thriller was supposed to be exactly what it was, the biggest album of all time. But it wasn’t a concept album, or a theme album. The entire purpose of Thriller was largesse. Quincy Jones, Rod Temperton, and MJ set out to create the greatest collection of singles ever created. Bobby Brown’s Don’t Be Cruel followed the same format to a scaled back version of the Thriller success; make the biggest records possible and do it like you’re doing it for TV. Well, Off The Wallis similar, and while not selling as much asThriller, it sold a gazillion copies. Same with Bad and Dangerous, which each spawned HUGE chart hits. All great albums in their own right, but mostly single driven works.

Janet on the other hand clearly sat down with her producers, mostly Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, and decided to craft themes that could also create some similarly huge sounding records. Which she did tremendously, except they weren’t all justpop singles, there are mood records and transition records and down-tempo records. She created full albums. And most importantly, they actually SOUND better than Michael’s. There’s more feeling and mood to them.

To be clear, I realize Michael had different tempo songs on each of his albums, especially on post-Bad albums that are less poppy and more “artsy”, but even those albums aren’t as good as Janet’s four albums following Dream Street.

While Janet can’t touch Michael in terms of popularity and sales-amazing considering how huge of an artists she was in her own right-the quality of her albums, if you give them objective listens, is better than Michael’s. On any given day I’d rather listen to The Velvet Rope instead of Thriller. Off The Wall is my favorite MJ album, but I think that Janet is better, and I’ve often been at odds whether I think Rhythm Nationor Janet is better."

I agree 100% with that
There is something to the lack of flow on the MJ albums. Not convinced that makes the Janet albums better, but like I said, I'll give them a spin.

Ashley was bae. I’d probably take her over Lisa Turtle, too.

We not counting Erykah, Tyra or Noemi? :nerd:
Erykah wasn't it for me in the 90's. I did not become aware of her body until late 00's - 2010s.
Naomi is a no for me. She fine...just not what I was checking for.

Tyra was a blank on my behalf. She is without question on the team.

LOL Tf
0DA50CC2-2453-4567-8106-1BE9103A657C.gif

What’s Fa Mulan gonna do
So you are misogynist as well, 'eh? Figures. Spending so much time on here in order to prove your value to others, must be incredibly satisfying to you.
I am glad that you've found your calling. Your ancestors must be proud.

I’m so glad I was driving when the last 2 earthquakes happened. Everybody talking about how strong it was and I’m like
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There were 3 trucks out here when i was in for lunch.
Why do folks do this man? They're ALWAYS lining up that same spot.
20190706_153145.jpg

So apparently George, Westbrook and the rest of team had issues with the coach and the effort of the front office

That's always been the word hasn't it?
Paul George had his best season playing alongside Westbrook.
I never knew that, I had no strong opinion on him either way I just thought he was an average coach. Never knew the players were mad at the front office, when Adams name hit the trade block it pissed the players off

Back
Top Bottom