the thread about nothing...

I liked the Clippers bc it was way cheaper to go to their games but now both are going to be expensive :lol:
Also just bought the NB fun guy shirt, don't think I want it now.

That's cool. I can dig it.

But he just chose Siakam over Kawhi.
He playing the long game of chess... if he didn't want Westbrook and pg. That's a mission to failure if he got those two.

Like I said Pascal is his son. Any father who groom their son for success isn't easily giving him up to see him fail.

Last edited:
I was under the impression the trade was in an effort to keep Kawhi.

If it was, on the surface, this is exactly what it is.

Obviously nothing is just surface level, but on the surface, this is exactly what it is.

That is a hell of a simplification but cool.

My Childhood black women 90's crush starting 5:

Givens
Dash
Berry
Lisa Left Eye Lopez (yup, over Chili...didn't realize how fine Chili was until later)
Anada Lewis

Off the bench:
Is Lisa from Saved by the Bella and Laura from Family Matters
Left Eye was always my darkhorse. Loved some damn Left Eye.

If you have Ananda, you don't need Chilli . Same tribe

Off The Wall
Thriller (top 2 album of all time, fam)
Bad

This is all my opinion of course

Off the wall is ok but there's just like 3 songs I like off that album.
There's only like 3 songs I really like from bad.

Thriller is the one id argue for because it of course has massive hit songs.

But to me Rhythm nation is more of a cohesive album than thriller.....it flows better and has a wider spectrum of sound, and of course it's longer.
But maybe I'm biased because I really like the 90s, new Jack, Jimmy jam and Terry Lewis sound.

I definitely understand anyone that disagrees tho.

My Childhood black women 90's crush starting 5:

Givens
Dash
Berry
Lisa Left Eye Lopez (yup, over Chili...didn't realize how fine Chili was until later)
Anada Lewis

Off the bench:
Is Lisa from Saved by the Bella and Laura from Family Matters
Hilary Banks
Lisa Turtle
Jada Pinkett
Lisa Bonet
Halle Berry

This is all my opinion of course

Off the wall is ok but there's just like 3 songs I like off that album.
There's only like 3 songs I really like from bad.

Thriller is the one id argue for because it of course has massive hit songs.

But to me Rhythm nation is more of a cohesive album than thriller.....it flows better and has a wider spectrum of sound, and of course it's longer.
But maybe I'm biased because I really like the 90s, new Jack, Jimmy jam and Terry Lewis sound.

I definitely understand anyone that disagrees tho.
I'm not going to argue just to argue.

I'm going to sit down and give Rhythm Nation and spin and report back. It has been ages.

Janet is also coming off the bench on my 90's team.

Just to be clear...I haven't neglected Nia Long...I just can't figure out if she's on the 90's team or the 00's team.

LOL Tf
0DA50CC2-2453-4567-8106-1BE9103A657C.gif

What’s Fa Mulan gonna do

Thiller is a 30x plantium but rhythm nation is better than all of Michael Jackson discography.

Man I gotta get some fresh air.

Thiller is a 30x plantium but rhythm nation is better than all of Michael Jackson discography.

Man I gotta get some fresh air.

This is my last post about this cuz I don't wanna make this the music forum but this person summed it up better than me..

"Michael Jackson was making albums full of singles on a quest to clearly body the game. ****, Thriller was supposed to be exactly what it was, the biggest album of all time. But it wasn’t a concept album, or a theme album. The entire purpose of Thriller was largesse. Quincy Jones, Rod Temperton, and MJ set out to create the greatest collection of singles ever created. Bobby Brown’s Don’t Be Cruel followed the same format to a scaled back version of the Thriller success; make the biggest records possible and do it like you’re doing it for TV. Well, Off The Wallis similar, and while not selling as much asThriller, it sold a gazillion copies. Same with Bad and Dangerous, which each spawned HUGE chart hits. All great albums in their own right, but mostly single driven works.

Janet on the other hand clearly sat down with her producers, mostly Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, and decided to craft themes that could also create some similarly huge sounding records. Which she did tremendously, except they weren’t all justpop singles, there are mood records and transition records and down-tempo records. She created full albums. And most importantly, they actually SOUND better than Michael’s. There’s more feeling and mood to them.

To be clear, I realize Michael had different tempo songs on each of his albums, especially on post-Bad albums that are less poppy and more “artsy”, but even those albums aren’t as good as Janet’s four albums following Dream Street.

While Janet can’t touch Michael in terms of popularity and sales-amazing considering how huge of an artists she was in her own right-the quality of her albums, if you give them objective listens, is better than Michael’s. On any given day I’d rather listen to The Velvet Rope instead of Thriller. Off The Wall is my favorite MJ album, but I think that Janet is better, and I’ve often been at odds whether I think Rhythm Nationor Janet is better."

I agree 100% with that

Fancy would be on my list
She 12th man, I guess

Bench is currently set at
Lisa - Saved by the Bell
Laura - Family Matters
Janet Jackson
Jada Pinkett
Nia Long

I'm confused on where to place this next name, but given she died in 01, she's got be 90's right?
Aaliyah
Fancy

****, I think I take Hilary over Fancy.

I'm definitely taking Ashley over Fancy.

I may need to take Ashley over Lisa from SbtB. That's a tough one. Ashley was bay.

Back
Top Bottom