the thread about nothing...

My boss told me that he's considering moving back East within the next year and that he'd recommend me for his position.

My immediate reaction:
tenor.gif
why he hate you like that?

Yeah, at this point it is.

I see my boss stressing out at 8:15AM and had to take a couple days off for his high blood pressure.

I don't need that in my life.
Definitely do what’s best for you and your well being.

However wouldn’t that “Boss title” enhance your resume since you’ve been eluding your looking elsewhere and not getting much luck?
Maybe that little bit of sacrifice you’ll need to commit to will help you down the road when you want to seek employment elsewhere, and if you have that “boss title” employers have to consider you.

Last edited:
Definitely do what’s best for you and your well being.

However wouldn’t that “Boss title” enhance your resume since you be eluding your looking elsewhere and getting much luck?
Maybe that little bit of sacrifice you’ll need to commit to will help in down the road when you want to seek employment elsewhere, and if you have that “boss title” employers have to consider you.
Oh, definitely it would. But one of the main deterrents that pushing me away is the structure of the management team. His boss is constantly micro-managing and overstepping on his role, when my boss' is supposed to oversee the production of the various departments. His boss tends to bypass my boss to get the answer to troubleshoot the issue. Which is clearly bothering my boss.

Wouldn't mind the pay bump and having that experience on my resume, but I am not sure if I want to stay in this field.

If I'm still here next year and my boss decides to leave, maybe I would consider it. But at the moment, I'm looking for a new opportunity to move on from this field.

Health before wealth.
YES. It's crazy how many times my wife and I met other young parents who are involved with a pyramid scheme or a side-money hustle to make more money.

Money is nice to have and I'm fortunate to have a salary that takes care for me and my family. More money is nice, but in actuality, I need to do a better job at budgeting.

Oh, definitely it would. But one of the main deterrents that pushing me away is the structure of the management team. His boss is constantly micro-managing and overstepping on his role, when my boss' is supposed to oversee the production of the various departments. His boss tends to bypass my boss to get the answer to troubleshoot the issue. Which is clearly bothering my boss.

Wouldn't mind the pay bump and having that experience on my resume, but I am not sure if I want to stay in this field.

If I'm still here next year and my boss decides to leave, maybe I would consider it. But at the moment, I'm looking for a new opportunity to move on from this field.
I totally comprehend what you means about the boss, boss overstepping his boundaries. But of course that shouldn’t be a deterrent.

You should probably see how it plays out in coming months to determine if you want it or not. If doesn’t play out to well at least you still putting in work at seeking positions with other employers.

Good luck.

I totally comprehend what you means about the boss, boss overstepping his boundaries. But of course that shouldn’t be a deterrent.

You should probably see how it plays out in coming months to determine if you want it or not. If doesn’t play out to well at least you still putting in work at seeking positions with other employers.

Good luck.
Definitely. Keeping my options open, especially if I'm still here if/when my boss decides to resign.

Back
Top Bottom