the thread about nothing...

My boss told me that he's considering moving back East within the next year and that he'd recommend me for his position.

My immediate reaction:
tenor.gif

They hired this decent looking chick at work. I just so happen to go into the unisex bathroom as she was leaving out. Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnn she f**ked that bathroom. All of my interest went immediately out the window. The older I get, the more I realize that women are some nasty creatures fam.

We share a bathroom in the pharmacy with the women and I dont know how some of them can make the smell they do. Its so foul man

I still don’t get the GSW hate. Since when was winning a bad thing? The GSW hate says a lot a people nowadays. I feel like people who hate Golden State are for participation trophies.
These are the main reasons.

1. Joe Lacob, the owner said his team is "light years" ahead of the rest of the league. Then went on to blow a 3-1 lead to the Cavaliers in the NBA Finals a few months later.

2. The Warriors organization and fans suggested they lost that series only because of Draymond Green's suspension in game 5. Yet, they had two more games after that game 5.

3. If Draymond Greem suspended for 1 game is the only reason your team lost, why not run it back to prove that is the case? Instead they pursued a top 3 player Kevin Durant. Cowardice.

4. Kevin Durant at OKC nearly beat the Warriors, they also blew a 3-1 lead. He could've tried to run it back to beat the Warriors. Instead he took the easy route and joined the team that beat his. Cowardice.

These are the main reasons.

1. Joe Lacob, the owner said his team is "light years" ahead of the rest of the league. Then went on to blow a 3-1 lead to the Cavaliers in the NBA Finals a few months later.

2. The Warriors organization and fans suggested they lost that series only because of Draymond Green's suspension in game 5. Yet, they had two more games after that game 5.

3. If Draymond Greem suspended for 1 game is the only reason your team lost, why not run it back to prove that is the case? Instead they pursued a top 3 player Kevin Durant. Cowardice.

4. Kevin Durant at OKC nearly beat the Warriors, they also blew a 3-1 lead. He could've tried to run it back to beat the Warriors. Instead he took the easy way out and joined the team that beat his. Cowardice.
So you're saying the W's should've given Harrison Barnes a new max deal instead of signing KD, which was an improvement from HB?

So you're saying the W's should've given Harrison Barnes a new max deal instead of signing KD, which was an improvement from HB?

Every organization should do whatever it takes to put them in a situation to be successful. Whether the move such as in in this case is considered cowardly, is another topic.

I still don’t get the GSW hate. Since when was winning a bad thing? The GSW hate says a lot a people nowadays. I feel like people who hate Golden State are for participation trophies.

Didn't dislike them until KD came. I was rooting for GSW against the Rockets though. That being said, I'd be lying if I said I don't enjoy watching them, with or without KD. The last games without KD have been especially fun to watch though.

I was a child for the Bulls second 3peat, did they receive similar hate? If Karl Malone or John Stockon joined the Bulls they'd probably get a lot of hate
Probably hard to make a comparison with the rise of the internet/social media.

Didn't dislike them until KD came. I was rooting for GSW against the Rockets though. That being said, I'd be lying if I said I don't enjoy watching them, with or without KD. The last games without KD have been especially fun to watch though.

I was a child for the Bulls second 3peat, did they receive similar hate? If Karl Malone or John Stockon joined the Bulls they'd probably get a lot of hate
Probably hard to make a comparison with the rise of the internet/social media.
If Stockton or Malone joined the Bulls, it would not have been an analogous sitiation. The Bulls did not claim to be "light years" ahead of the rest of the league and proceed to blow a 3-1 lead in the Finals, and cite that a suspension is the reason they lost. Also the Jazz were not an inch away from beating the Bulls like Durant was with OKC.

Jordan and the Bulls lost to Orlando the year he returned. He wanted to run it back and destroy the Magic the following year, which he did. That is why he is considered the GOAT.

If Stockton or Malone joined the Bulls, it would not have been an analogous sitiation. The Bulls did not claim to be "light years" ahead of the rest of the league and proceed to blow a 3-1 lead in the Finals, and cite that a suspension is the reason they lost. Also the Jazz were not an inch away from beating the Bulls like Durant was with OKC.

Jordan and the Bulls lost to Orlando the year he returned. He wanted to run it back and destroy the Magic the following year, which he did. That is why he is considered the GOAT.

Yeah I couldn't think of a situation analogous to what the Warriors/KD have done.
I suppose another similar scenario would be the Heatles and Lebron saying "Not 2, not 3...".
I feel like Lebron was well liked before then and that's when the hate really started to pile up.

I've decided not to move to a different position at my job until the one I absolutely want becomes available. Nothing worst than to hate going to work. I gotta get back to doing something I like while Im here.

Yeah I couldn't think of a situation analogous to what the Warriors/KD have done.
I suppose another similar scenario would be the Heatles and Lebron saying "Not 2, not 3...".
I feel like Lebron was well liked before then and that's when the hate really started to pile up.
Lebron going to Miami was nowhere nearly as cowardly as what Durant did. The Cavaliers failed to provide him with a decent supporting cast. Durant was on a team that had the capability to beat the Warriors and almost did. The majority of the flack for Lebron was he held a freaking ESPN live event to announce where he was going.

Word, I like basketball a lot but at the end of the day it's just a game.
I'll get about as emotionally involved as I do with books, movies, etc.

I lost a few "friends" for saying I think Lebron is a better basketball player (not greater as far as legacy) than Jordan and for being anti-Warriors.

I think a majority of the people that debate Lebron vs Jordan didn’t even watch Jordan play

The answer is the same for every dumb GOAT argument: Different eras.

It's a blast to goto a game and stuff, but like, man, people get stabbed and stuff over sports sometimes.
See this is why I believe the powers that be manipulate the outcome of sports to some degree. People are too emotionally attached and it is used as a form of control.

Just about every Uber ride I've had turned into a discussion about sports. One time a passenger seriously said if he had one wish it is to bring back past legends to see how they compare today.

I think a majority of the people that debate Lebron vs Jordan didn’t even watch Jordan play

The answer is the same for every dumb GOAT argument: Different eras.
Let’s not forget they don’t even play the same position on court. But people like argue just to argue.

Back
Top Bottom