the thread about nothing...

hulk_vs__wolverine_by_joshmaule.jpg

Two supervisors that I oversee are so freaking petty.

The supervisor #1 is going on vacation on Friday whil supervisor #2 is to approve reports for #1's team. #2 gets in an argument with #1 just outside my hallway saying that she isn't going to be approving her reports, and #1 claps back and says that was the instruction that she was given (true).

So #2 comes into my office and I confirmed with her that the backup should be approving the end of day reports. #2 argument is that she does that herself when she goes on vacation because she doesn't think #1 is doing the correct approvals (which she is).

I looked at her and said that's this has been protocol and your decision to do work on vacation was your choice. She said 'okay' and then left my office.

My goodness.

These are two female supervisors?
Yeah. #2 has been working here for over 20 years, while #1 has been a supervisor for almost a year now.

And she sends an email stating "I know I make a choice to do my own approvals. I just wish others would do the same."

Yeah, I will not encouraging or suggest anyone to work during their vacations.

Yeah. #2 has been working here for over 20 years, while #1 has been a supervisor for almost a year now.

And she sends an email stating "I know I make a choice to do my own approvals. I just wish others would do the same."

Yeah, I will not encouraging or suggest anyone to work during their vacations.

Just cuase she's a workaholic doesn't mean everyone should follow her routine.

I remember taking work home a few years ago. #nevagain

Two supervisors that I oversee are so freaking petty.

The supervisor #1 is going on vacation on Friday whil supervisor #2 is to approve reports for #1's team. #2 gets in an argument with #1 just outside my hallway saying that she isn't going to be approving her reports, and #1 claps back and says that was the instruction that she was given (true).

So #2 comes into my office and I confirmed with her that the backup should be approving the end of day reports. #2 argument is that she does that herself when she goes on vacation because she doesn't think #1 is doing the correct approvals (which she is).

I looked at her and said that's this has been protocol and your decision to do work on vacation was your choice. She said 'okay' and then left my office.

My goodness.
At my work, supervisor #1 is really strict with emails. I have to get every single one approved by her even if it's a little follow up. Sometimes she won't respond till hours later so I have to sit there and wait. She leaves early before the end of work so I have nobody to review an email I'm going to send out. It was a follow up to a client I've already sent 2-3 times before. Also, I had to send it out before the day was over because there was an important task for them that needed to be completed by the next day.

I decide screw it, I'm sending it to the client. Client approves of the email. Supervisor messages me the next day asking why I didn't approve it with her. I said you weren't there and we had to email them before the day was over. She said I was making excuses. Task doesn't end up getting done for the day. So instead the time that could've been used to complete the task the client wanted us do, she wants to waste time and be salty over a dumb follow up email.

Cool. :smh:

At my work, supervisor #1 is really strict with emails. I have to get every single one approved by her even if it's a little follow up. Sometimes she won't respond till hours later so I have to sit there and wait. She leaves early before the end of work so I have nobody to review an email I'm going to send out. It was a follow up to a client I've already sent 2-3 times before. Also, I had to send it out before the day was over because there was an important task for them that needed to be completed by the next day.

I decide screw it, I'm sending it to the client. Client approves of the email. Supervisor messages me the next day asking why I didn't approve it with her. I said you weren't there and we had to email them before the day was over. She said I was making excuses. Task doesn't end up getting done for the day. So instead the time that could've been used to complete the task the client wanted us do, she wants to waste time and be salty over a dumb follow up email.

She a Control freak. I would have done the same just to make sure the job gets done and client is prompted quickly. Yeah it's insubordination but thier is a thin line between following orders and using proper discretion.

Super micro-manager right there. That's really bad for that supervisorto have to do that for EVERY email. That supervisor still does that to this day? (God, I hope not)

Not complete visibility
Just in general -- talking about salaries with other people
It's just a very taboo topic
Ahh, I gotcha. I think I'm fairly comfortable to talk about my salary to certain close friends. But to randoms or co-workers in general, not sure if I would.

I know some of the older people would probably be salty and hate on my current salary because they either don't get paid that much or their just old and want to complain about things.

Super micro-manager right there. That's really bad for her to have to do that for EVERY email. That supervisor still does that to this day? (God, I hope not)
Yeah it's extremely annoying. She's very nice and helpful if you go up and talk to her. Communicating through computer with her however is awful and that's where the majority of it takes place.

Yeah it's extremely annoying. She's very nice and helpful if you go up and talk to her. Communicating through computer with her however is awful and that's where the majority of it takes place.
Props to you. I understand if it's a message with important details for a project of guidelines that need to be shared. But for every single email? I'd lose it.

Back
Top Bottom