the thread about nothing...

My annoyance was more so aimed at the various host and pundits within Hip-Hop who consistently cry about **** not going their way. Even though they already know what the deal is and even though at times contribute to those politics your speaking about on a smaller level (XXL freshman list as an example). I have no issue with if an artist wants to use an award as a major metric for success. I just think its funny since wack **** gets pushed consistently over dope **** on a regular basis, ESPECIALLY in Hip-Hop, so why are people surprised when this happens at award shows? The fact they primarily focus on mainstream acts and nothing else should let you know those in charge dont know what their talking about. (Even though they threw Rapsody a bone who just happen to sign to Roc Nation)

I respect your opinion but I have to disagree with that part. De La Soul has been making music for over a decade and the only Grammy they have is part of a damn pop collaboration with the Gorillaz. They were solidified and highly respected long before that collaboration, Pete Rock has been actively making music for even longer and he wasn't even nominated, I doubt anyone of merit would discredit him when it comes to his craft. Same for Madlib, one of the most creative individuals to ever come from the genre. Those are a few examples but they dont need Grammy's to be respected and recognized

Sounds like you know more than me. I respect that. From my knowledge thier are countless artist from multiple genre of music who don’t get nominated. However I’m a hip-hop head so I know where your coming from. Remember will Smith / jazzy Jeff boycotting the Grammys cause they didn’t recognize hip-hop as music....hip-hop has come along way. People like pete rock, de la soul, j dilla, ATCQ...has paved the way for tons of artists to be recognized. But yeah Grammys is still a prestigious award just like someone getting a noble peace prize or Oscar. Thier music has resonate with the masses not just small underground fans. Just my opinion.

Got another copy of Liquid Swords on vinyl. Keeping this one sealed as wall art. Might be my favorite album of all time

6F2833A1-08F1-40B9-8056-7905FF11BAA1.gif

Let me barrow that G!

Sounds like you know more than me. I respect that. From my knowledge thier are countless artist from multiple genre of music who don’t get nominated. However I’m a hip-hop head so I know where your coming from. Remember will Smith / jazzy Jeff boycotting the Grammys cause they didn’t recognize hip-hop as music....hip-hop has come along way. People like pete rock, de la soul, j dilla, ATCQ...has paved the way for tons of artists to be recognized. But yeah Grammys is still a prestigious award just like someone getting a noble peace prize or Oscar. Thier music has resonate with the masses not just small underground fans. Just my opinion.
Respect, I remember when Jay boycotted because they wouldn't televise the Hip-Hop portion. I'm just of the mindset of if you understand Rap then great but if you dont then move on from it totally. Hip-Hop at one point was counter culture, it was meant to go against those same institutions that people are complaining about not being recognized by. Now times change and the effort is appreciated, but they have a LONG way to go before we should start giving damn what they think in my opinion. It just a shame our own institutions sold out (Source) so now we dont really have any kind of yearly celebration that we could use as our answer to the Pop crowd

Anyone ever have leftover Chipotle? Is it still good heated up from the refrigerator? Have a BOGO coupon and might get 2 meals

I was courtside at MSG a couple of years ago and I was early to the game. Ppl weren't on the court yet except for a couple of ppl shooting around. Was so tempted to ask to shoot around :lol:

Anyone ever have leftover Chipotle? Is it still good heated up from the refrigerator? Have a BOGO coupon and might get 2 meals
I've done that in the past. Only issue I had was the rice being hard. But it still tasted good. I don't order guac, so I can't answer if that'll taste good if you warm it in the microwave.

A lot of unfortunate events happened today lol not one to believe in luck but damn I guess it was just really unfortunate

Back
Top Bottom