the thread about nothing...

You know what they do to people like amel where im from?

You dont wanna wash your hands, you dirty SOB? No problem, chop your paws off at the wrist.

DUupAnbX0AQcf1q.jpg

I wish the loud people within Hip-Hop would make up their minds as to whether they like the Grammy's or not, its the same **** every year

I wish the loud people within Hip-Hop would make up whether they like the Grammy's or not, its the same **** every year

Unfortunately Not gonna happen.That’s why thier is BET awards, source awards, & soul train awards.

Winning a Grammy still hold a lot more prestige than any music award so it’s gonna be super competitive for any artist to be nominated for a Grammy.

Lol you would think that at the grad school level they'd let us choose who to do our group projects with and let us choose our seats. The professor gave us seating assignments and split us into assigned groups for our projects.

Lol c'mon b. I was hoping to work with my friend.

Pray for me TAN that the ppl in my group are not lazy (lazier) than me

Unfortunately Not gonna happen.That’s why thier is BET awards, source awards, & soul train awards.
Just tired of all the *****ing and moaning, some of the greatest to ever touch a mic haven't even been nominated let alone won one, **** means nothing to me as a fan. I'm sure they may be some financial incentive to winning one which is fine but it aint going to help me like their music any more or less. People where rioting when Kendrick lost a few years back and said **** the Grammy's, he wins like a year later and they love it, then him and Hov lose Album of The Year and its **** the Grammy's again. Pick a side and stay on it damnit

Just tired of all the *****ing and moaning, some of the greatest to ever touch a mic haven't even been nominated let alone won one, **** means nothing to me as a fan. I'm sure they may be some financial incentive to winning one which is fine but it aint going to help me like their music any more or less. People where rioting when Kendrick lost a few years back and said **** the Grammy's, he wins like a year later and they love it, then him and Hov lose Album of The Year and its **** the Grammy's again. Pick a side and stay on it damnit

Feelings get hurt B, I’m not in the music industry but thier is a lot of politics behind who gets nominated and who wins these highly coveted awards. It can make or break a individual. Hopefully Kendrick keeps dropping fire. I enjoyed pimp a butterfly over damm. But I hope the music industry keeps dropping gems that shakes the universe. A award doesn’t define you as person it’s just solidifies you as an artist your craft is highly respected & recognized, imo.

Feelings get hurt B, I’m not in the music industry but thier is a lot of politics behind who gets nominated and who wins these highly coveted awards. It can make or break a individual. Hopefully Kendrick keeps dropping fire. I enjoyed pimp a butterfly over damm. But I hope the music industry keeps dropping gems that shakes the universe. A award doesn’t define you as person it’s just solidifies you as an artist your craft highly respected & recognized, imo.

My annoyance was more so aimed at the various host and pundits within Hip-Hop who consistently cry about **** not going their way. Even though they already know what the deal is and even though at times contribute to those politics your speaking about on a smaller level (XXL freshman list as an example). I have no issue with if an artist wants to use an award as a major metric for success. I just think its funny since wack **** gets pushed consistently over dope **** on a regular basis, ESPECIALLY in Hip-Hop, so why are people surprised when this happens at award shows? The fact they primarily focus on mainstream acts and nothing else should let you know those in charge dont know what their talking about. (Even though they threw Rapsody a bone who just happen to sign to Roc Nation)

I respect your opinion but I have to disagree with that part. De La Soul has been making music for over a decade and the only Grammy they have is part of a damn pop collaboration with the Gorillaz. They were solidified and highly respected long before that collaboration, Pete Rock has been actively making music for even longer and he wasn't even nominated, I doubt anyone of merit would discredit him when it comes to his craft. Same for Madlib, one of the most creative individuals to ever come from the genre. Those are a few examples but they dont need Grammy's to be respected and recognized

Back
Top Bottom