The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

Fair enough, you didn't actually use the words 'forget about it.' You have made it no secret that you think this will blow over (my words), and you have used the words 'move on' multiple times, and you have liked comments that this won't even be talked about in 2 years.

Screenshot_20220402-115338_Samsung Internet.jpg

I don't see how you see any of that. This ain't going NOWHERE.

-foe

this already is being used as a joke, gif and/or meme.. 2 years from now, I think that’s all this will be

I get that.

-foe

just a few days ago we found out a sitting supreme court justice’s wife was in direct communication with White House chief of staff in an effort to over throw the government, your government

we also found out that she attended the rally on January 6th 2021

that Supreme Court justice has ruled numerous times on things that directly impact the actions of his wife.. and he has voted numerous times on those matters

we also found out this week that the wife was in a literal cult in the 80s

dont be surprised about people’s ability to simply not care and/or move on

Last edited:
what roles will smith has had in the last 5 years you think he wouldn’t still be offered?

He has 4 movies in pre production and another that was already announced, as an actor

then he has a whole bunch of other stuff where he’s getting producer credit:

I might be wrong but I thought Will had his own production company or at least works closely with one.

He's not gonna lose any roles or opportunities cuz of this. I don't see how it negatively effects his reputation either. Half of Hollywood supported him at the awards immediately after the incident and I don't just mean black celebs like Denzel and Tyler Perry. You got Anthony Hopkins and Bradley Cooper doing it as well.
Fair enough, you didn't actually use the words 'forget about it.' You have made it no secret that you think this will blow over (my words), and you have used the words 'move on' multiple times, and you have liked comments that this won't even be talked about in 2 years.

Screenshot_20220402-115338_Samsung Internet.jpg

I don't see how you see any of that. This ain't going NOWHERE.

-foe
I guess you used hyperbole when you said he said 10 minutes but the other poster actually said 2 years.

You really think in 2024 we're still talking about Will Smith slapping Chris Rock any time Will or Chris (or Jada) are brought up?

In all the wild **** that has happened in the past 5 years you really think this is gonna still be at the top of the list?

I feel like I can bet money Kanye West tops this before the summer is over.

My bad if already posted and discussed ( too many pages/ posts, cant keep up)
Tony Rock wants respect on the family name

dont be surprised about people’s ability to simply not care and/or move on
Selective outrage is definitely not a new concept to me; hell both sides of this topic are selective in what has outraged them. But the situation you described is not one where it was a major focal point and then wasn't.

This will die down, but it will always be a talking point.

-foe

Kinda funny listening to this again

dude says: “Yes, you can go too f*cking far! I am a man, and if I’m having an argument with a man that’s bigger than me I know there is a zone I don’t go into”

Damn so even Chris agrees that if you say the wrong thing to the wrong person you liable to get touched over it.

I knew I wasn't bugging over what is clearly common sense.

I might bw wrong but I thought Will had his own production company or at least works closely with one.

He's not gonna lose any riles or opportunities cuz of this. I don't see how it negatively effects his reputation either. Half of Hollywood supported him at the awards immediately after the incident and I don't just mean black celebs like Denzel and Tyler Perry. You got Anthony Hopkins and Bradley Cooper doing it as well.

he probably does, wouldn’t exactly surprise me.. I wanna say the new fresh prince was done by it, but that’s assuming

I mean, we should all know what’s going happen.. he already released a statement which I assume was written by or at the very least heavily reviewed/scrutinized by his publicist, management and lawyers.. he’ll lay low for a tiny bit, do a media tour where he’ll be vulnerable, self deprecating and charming.. be seen supporting various women’s causes.. speak or release a statement to getting some form of help

but just gotta go look at his IMDB to see he has stuff coming up like bad boys 4

unless he has a mental breakdown and hurts himself or a family member, I don’t see how this really really hurts him

Selective outrage is definitely not a new concept to me; he both sides of this topic are selective in what has outraged them. But the situation you described is not one where it was a major focal point and then wasn't.

This will die down, but it will always be a talking point.

-foe

talking point by who?

im curious to see if this is anymore than a joke, gif and/or meme 2 weeks from now.. let alone 2 months from now

I assume couple months from now will smith will be doing some late night shows and the hosts will make “dont slap me“ jokes and they’ll hehehe about it

Damn so even Chris agrees that if you say the wrong thing to the wrong person you liable to get touched over it.

I knew I wasn't bugging over what is clearly common sense.

i learned as a child that if I’m going be joking/talking sh about someone’s mother, grandmother, sister and/or any other significant woman in their life I was running the risk of a fight and to be at the very least prepared

Outside of weekend update, I’m not actively going looking for whatever SNL decides to do

if they do, do something that is funny, I’m sure I’ll see highlights going around

is SNL even still in season right now?

Outside of weekend update, I’m not actively going looking for whatever SNL decides to do

if they do, do something that is funny, I’m sure I’ll see highlights going around

is SNL even still in season right now?
Jerrod Carmichael hosts tonight.

Yea, it'll be corny no doubt :lol:

For sure. Jerrod Carmichael is hosting. I'm sure he'll bring it up too, but I think dude just announced he's gay so that'll probably take up most of his monologue.
What?!

When did this happen? Damn I feel like I've been missing a lot.

Jerrod Carmichael hosts tonight.

definitely will check Hulu when it comes up to hear is opening monologue and catch weekend update

but that‘s more about his personal stuff and his standup is funny.. but I don’t have much faith in SNL as far as the skits

definitely will check Hulu when it comes up to hear is opening monologue and catch weekend update

but that‘s more about his personal stuff and his standup is funny.. but I don’t have much faith in SNL as far as the skits
It'll be up on youtube much faster

Best response I have seen so far on the matter.

This is the way you take charge of matters as a man, and don't end up on the red table talk.

Back
Top Bottom