The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

At the bar? 6 men? Talking about Will Smith?

What kinda bar was it

side-eye-baby-stare.gif
:lol: Some bar in Oakland.

I feel like buying tickets actually.... been wanting to see Chris stand up for years even before the slap... didnt even know he is at Atlantic City today and of course its sold out smh

What was the academy really going do?

give him a BS suspension until people move on and don’t give a shh anymore

What was the academy really going do?

give him a BS suspension until people move on and don’t give a shh anymore
Probably ban him from future award shows.
Might not seem much to us but for actors it's the biggest night for them.
I think the worse thing is the damage on his reputation and more importantly his public image. That literally dictates your future jobs especially for the big actors that don't even audition anymore.

Will would've got no real meaningful punishment.

They already gave him his award for best actor.

They would have to go overboard and if they did they'd have to walk it back eventually.

Probably ban him from future award shows.
Might not seem much to us but for actors it's the biggest night for them.
I think the worse thing is the damage on his reputation and more importantly his public image. That literally dictates your future jobs especially for the big actors that don't even audition anymore.

if it was some young actor who had just won best actor, I could see that.. because while your singular performance may have been recognized, the public doesn’t have decades invested in you

but you really think will smith has to legit worry about future jobs?

all the crazy things we’ve seen from actors, directors and/or producers

hell all the crazy shh we’ve seen with will smith himself before this oscars

all will needs to do is go talk with Martin and get bad boys 4 going, the 3rd movie made over 400 mill

or he could go talk to James Gunn about playing deadshot again in his sequel to his suicide squad movie

Will would've got no real meaningful punishment.

They already gave him his award for best actor.

They would have to go overboard and if they did they'd have to walk it back eventually.

this seems kinda obvious.. they had clear racial issues with regard to nominations in recent years (and obviously historically)

also had clear issues with blatantly excluding certain specific movies and performances because of where they came from or the type of movies they were

it’s not hard for people to look at their history of disciplinary measures if they decide to drop the hammer on will

and then you have the public’s drastic dropping interest in the show:

IATT IATT , I totally agree with your position that the Academy really had no course of action to take, but your position that people will forget about this in 10 minutes, I don't see how you see that. This ain't going NOWHERE.

-foe

if it was some young actor who had just won best actor, I could see that.. because while your singular performance may have been recognized, the public doesn’t have decades invested in you

but you really think will smith has to legit worry about future jobs?

all the crazy things we’ve seen from actors, directors and/or producers

hell all the crazy shh we’ve seen with will smith himself before this oscars

all will needs to do is go talk with Martin and get bad boys 4 going, the 3rd movie made over 400 mill

or he could go talk to James Gunn about playing deadshot again in his sequel to his suicide squad movie
Yes actors worry that's why they spends hundreds of thousands on a publicist. If he didn't care, he wouldn't have apologized and resigned. He's trying to save face.
He will still find work but he def won't get the opportunities he used to have in abundance anymore. At least for now.

I don't think you can really downplay this when everyone i know is talking about this. You have 47 essays in this thread alone but it's no big deal...? Doesn't add up. It's a very polarizing event and unfortunately will chose the wrong move. It's obvious it's a big deal to him.

IATT IATT , I totally agree with your position that the Academy really had no course of action to take, but your position that people will forget about this in 10 minutes, I don't see how you see that. This ain't going NOWHERE.

-foe

who the f said people will forget about it?

people will move on.. It will be used as a joke/meme (which it already is).. but the pearl clutching is going die down real soon

it being some grand indictment of black people, will die down

there are legit obvious issues that people legit cared about for couple days and gave it some lip service AND swiftly moved on

Yes actors worry that's why they spends hundreds of thousands on a publicist. If he didn't care, he wouldn't have apologized and resigned. He's trying to save face.
He will still find work but he def won't get the opportunities he used to have in abundance anymore. At least for now.

what roles will smith has had in the last 5 years you think he wouldn’t still be offered?

He has 4 movies in pre production and another that was already announced, as an actor

then he has a whole bunch of other stuff where he’s getting producer credit:

what roles will smith has had in the last 5 years you think he wouldn’t still be offered?

He has 4 movies in pre production and another that was already announced, as an actor

then he has a whole bunch of other stuff where he’s getting producer credit:

I can not speculate what roles he won't get but I'm not buying this whole "it's no big deal" narrative you are tying to push when it's a big deal to will. The Oscar's are the biggest deal to actors and directors. That's not debatable. If it wasn't, they wouldn't show up every year and will wouldn't be in tears on stage in front everyone

who the f said people will forget about it?
Fair enough, you didn't actually use the words 'forget about it.' You have made it no secret that you think this will blow over (my words), and you have used the words 'move on' multiple times, and you have liked comments that this won't even be talked about in 2 years.

Screenshot_20220402-115338_Samsung Internet.jpg

I don't see how you see any of that. This ain't going NOWHERE.

-foe

I can not speculate what roles he won't get but I'm not buying this whole "it's no big deal" narrative you are tying to push when it's a big deal to will. The Oscar's are the biggest deal to actors and directors. That's not debatable. If it wasn't, they wouldn't show up every year and will wouldn't be in tears on stage in front everyone

who said it’s no big deal?

i am pointing out what should be the obvious about people.. yes people are worked up now, but let’s see for how long

look at the nfl.. all the terrible stories about multiple teams, multiple team owners, multiple star players.. and people gave a crap for a second and then moved on

everything Dan snyder has done and is doing.. whatever the deal is with Jerry Jones and his daughter and then the guy who was filming and/or taking pictures of HIS DAUGHTER and cheerleaders.. The dolphins owner offering a bribe to a coach to throw games, when the league is partnered with a gambling organization.. the ongoing law suit of flores.. all the stuff with deshaun watson

let 1 trade happen and people don’t care really about any of that other shh

Back
Top Bottom