The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

So white people joking about lynching black people is cool?
VIarBxI.png

You just said he apologized because “he knows he was in the wrong.”

I’m saying he doesn’t know ****. He’s gonna save face regardless of what he knows or thinks.

You got it. I'm not arguing over what Will supposedly knows or thinks.

His public statement was that he was wrong.

Personally I forgot about Ukraine once I saw how they were treating the black people over there. Not my fight I could care less who wins, I just want my gas under 3 dollars a gallon again.

With that being said, you have kids who are programmed to only pay attention to something for 10 min max. It's only going to get worse.

Gas under $3 ain’t happening no time soon if not ever. :lol:

nope, youre making assumptions you cant back up

if you condemning jokes about appearance, tell everyone on NT that they're wrong for making fun of this, go ahead and tell them they should be ashamed of themselves

gq_shaq_030520-2.jpg
You're literally "All hair matters" right now and you don't even realize it. "But what about men!!!!" Smh

And yea, joking about physical appearance is pretty gross. I'm guilty of it at times and I'm wrong when I've done it. I will say doing it on a message board about a person that will never see it is a tad different than doing it in front of someone with millions watching.

Until its about something you're very sensitive about. The fact you laugh at someone else's expense is telling.
If a joke is funny i'm going to laugh. I don't care if it's at my expense either. Unlike you, I can't walk throughout this world with a chip on my shoulder.

You're literally "All hair matters" right now and you don't even realize it. "But what about men!!!!" Smh

And yea, joking about physical appearance is pretty gross. I'm guilty of it at times and I'm wrong when I've done it. I will say doing it on a message board about a person that will never see it is a tad different than doing it in front of someone with millions watching.

they didnt do it to shaq in front of millions?

stop pretending like youre so concerned about baldness and admit that youve never given a **** about the people ive posted and them losing their hair

If a bald joke is too far I am going to be sending MANY NT'ERS very angry worded direct messages about how they need to apologize to LEBRON.

What is the list of things that can be joked about? For me personally I only draw the line at.

1. Disabilities
2. Terminal illnesses
3. Sexual assault

Everything else fair game.

I find this joke police stuff to be so frustrating.

1. It's subjective,
I'm don't have any rules about what is acceptable and not acceptable to joke about.

And It's not possible for the joke teller to know who has what rules set where.
The lines are never as clear as people make them out to be.

2. People are totally hypocritical and inconsistent about this.

I'm certain I could find jokes that you would laugh at that violate all your rules.

Now it's your right to take offense to literally anything.

But I think the idea that there are obvious lines that can never be cross just isn't true in actual practice.

Last edited:
My supervisor and coworker were talking about this today... my department at work gets blamed for everything... I said I could nitpick all the stuff people do wrong here too... then my coworker said our department doesn't nitpick... I said your right I don't want to be petty like Will Smith...my supervisor was like you want to slap someone in a joking way I said no I don't want to over react over petty stuff...

anyway my supervisor and coworker who are both white disagreed with will Smith saying how these days are different where you have to stay woke... my supervisor continued to say imagine a white man slapping Chris Rock there would be a riot at the Oscars but since it's will Smith and he's black and he slapped Chris rock it's ok... I had no comment and went back to work

Personally I forgot about Ukraine once I saw how they were treating the black people over there. Not my fight I could care less who wins, I just want my gas under 3 dollars a gallon again.

With that being said, you have kids who are programmed to only pay attention to something for 10 min max. It's only going to get worse.

Biden's America fam.

Just wish Will would've slapped his dad for not taking him with him on that one episode of da Fresh Prince.

I find this joke police stuff to be so frustrating.

1. It's subjective,
I'm don't have any rules about what is acceptable and not acceptable to joke about.

And It's not possible for the joke teller to know who has what rules set where.
The lines are never as clear as people make them out to be.

2. People are totally hypocritical and inconsistent about this.

I'm certain I could find jokes that you would laugh at that violate all your rules.

Now it's your right to take offense to literally anything.

But I think the idea that there are obvious lines that can never be cross just isn't true in actual practice.
Ok, posts them

I want to make another point, not about this but society in general... Y'all see how fickle people are? All it took was a slap for people to forget about Russia/Ukraine. This ADD short attention span culture we live in is going to only get worse as time progresses. I wonder what the next big story will be after this one dies down.

:lol: Man nobody "forgot" about Russia/Ukraine relax bro.

Back
Top Bottom