The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

No, just don't direct jokes at individual people. If you keep it general, cool. When you single one person out, it's not a joke, it's just a disrespectful comment about one person. A mic and a stage doesn't make you immune from consequences. One person shouldn't get humiliated so the others can get a laugh. Idk why people can't grasp this. It's not hard. Just don't single out one person to humiliate.
I don’t wanna live in this world you’re describing :lol:

Don’t single people out? C’mon.

Then don't go to an awards/comedy shows then. Stay home in the protection of your residence.
You're telling me that comedians can't tell jokes without singling out people in the crowd to humiliate? If that's the case, they are horrible at their job. Anyone can do that. Most people would get slapped real quick for doing it in public but somehow it's been normalized for a guy with a mic. I find it weird people can't see what the behavior really is.

You're telling me that comedians can't tell jokes without singling out people in the crowd to humiliate? If that's the case, they are horrible at their job. Anyone can do that. Most people would get slapped real quick for doing it in public but somehow it's been normalized for a guy with a mic. I find it weird people can't see what the behavior really is.
Are you serious?? This is what comedians do. They make fun of everything and everybody. Get this new age coddling mentality out of here! You can't protect people's feelings.

One thing is for sure. Some of you dudes in here have been sheltered growing up. Insults and jokes are a rite of passage growing up. Especially in the black community. Now all of a sudden it's considered bulling when a comedian cracks jokes about celebrities? This generation is soft man.......... :smh:
Well in that one dude's defense, he isn't black lol.

Are you serious?? This is what comedians do. They make fun of everything and everybody. Get this new age coddling mentality out of here! You can't protect people's feelings.
The fact that it's been normalized is the sad part. We can exist without degrading others. Hopefully you'll realize that one day.

What is the list of things that can be joked about? For me personally I only draw the line at.

1. Disabilities
2. Terminal illnesses
3. Sexual assault

Everything else fair game.

What is the list of things that can be joked about? For me personally I only draw the line at.

1. Disabilities
2. Terminal illnesses
3. Sexual assault

Everything else fair game.
Add physical appearance and that's a solid list but I'm probably missing something. In general, joke about things people do, not things they can't control.

No way you'd ever get away with slapping someone to make a point in today's society of softness. Even if it was a promise. "I promise you, the next time you say something about my wife, I'm smacking the **** out of you" in which case Will was obligated to do what he did :rofl:

Can you give us a list of your top 5 comics all time if you don't mind?
I can enjoy comedians and at the same time admit they are wrong at times. Same goes for pretty much everyone and everything. I've loved Chapelle for most of his career but the recent LGBTQ stuff was gross.

I can enjoy comedians and at the same time admit they are wrong at times. Same goes for pretty much everyone and everything. I've loved Chapelle for most of his career but the recent LGBTQ stuff was gross.
Umm I never said you couldn't? I asked for your top 5 because I wanted to get a better picture of your sense of humor..

Not saying I agree or disagree but he would apologize regardless if he thought he was wrong or right for the sake of his career/PR.

I'm not talking about what he thought. Will can think whatever he wants, he apologized because he was in the wrong.

I want to make another point, not about this but society in general... Y'all see how fickle people are? All it took was a slap for people to forget about Russia/Ukraine. This ADD short attention span culture we live in is going to only get worse as time progresses. I wonder what the next big story will be after this one dies down.

Personally I forgot about Ukraine once I saw how they were treating the black people over there. Not my fight I could care less who wins, I just want my gas under 3 dollars a gallon again.

With that being said, you have kids who are programmed to only pay attention to something for 10 min max. It's only going to get worse.

I’m disgusted all around.

Rock having zero awareness after Will got up. He’s been so rich for so long he doesn’t have an ounce of Brooklyn in him anymore.

Will picking an easy target.

The Academy acting like nothing happened & letting him accept the award 5 seconds later. Even the damn Source Awards woulda got Will outta there.

Chris Rock handled that about as good as possible, he a 50+ year old man who's extremely successful.

Can't crash out over some ego **** at this point.
Y’all being disingenuous on here :lol:

Will opened the door so legally nothing happens to Rock if he responds physically. Or he coulda got those August/Pac jokes off like he was about to.

Either way his next tour would completely sell out. Every single city. Across the world.

Instead, y’all applauding him for being a *** :lol:

You gonna teach your son to let another man castrate him as long as the check clears?

Personally I forgot about Ukraine once I saw how they were treating the black people over there. Not my fight I could care less who wins, I just want my gas under 3 dollars a gallon again.

With that being said, you have kids who are programmed to only pay attention to something for 10 min max. It's only going to get worse.
Same. I was speaking on society in general... It was very confusing to see black folks taking sides in a war between two racist *** countries. That's the power of the media I guess.

So white people joking about lynching black people is cool?

I made my list under the assumption that blatantly racist jokes that extreme were already off the table.

Also...people watch white comedians? I mean outside of Gary Owens and his whole draw is being the white guy in black spaces.

I'm not talking about what he thought. Will can think whatever he wants, he apologized because he was in the wrong.

You just said he apologized because “he knows he was in the wrong.”

I’m saying he doesn’t know ****. He’s gonna save face regardless of what he knows or thinks.

I’m disgusted all around.

Rock having zero awareness after Will got up. He’s been so rich for so long he doesn’t have an ounce of Brooklyn in him anymore.

Will picking an easy target.

The Academy acting like nothing happened & letting him accept the award 5 seconds later

Y’all being disingenuous on here :lol:

Will opened the door so legally nothing happens to Rock if he responds physically. Or he coulda got those August/Pac jokes off like he was about to.

Either way his next tour would completely sell out. Every single city. Across the world.

Instead, y’all applauding him for being a *** :lol:

You gonna teach your son to let another man castrate him as long as the check clears?
I see your points but fam Will walked up there smiling, also both men are in there 50s. The last thought in Chris mind is that this brother is about to slap me at the Oscars. I do agree that Chris should've gotten those jokes off but I think he's gonna save that for a special. Lastly, as embarrassing as that was for Chris it would've been even more embarrassing to see him get whooped on stage. There was no way Chris was beating Will in a fist fight. Chris did the right thing by not hitting him back but I do agree he should've let the August jokes fly.

Back
Top Bottom