The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

I wonder if there's going to be new big young comedians on the level of Dave, Chris or Kevin Hart in the future if we're now at the point where we sit around outraged and offended over jokes comedians say.

People project their own insecurities and issues in to this.

If you're fat, a comedian better not talk about me. That skinny girl over there, she's fair game.

I wonder if there's going to be new big young comedians on the level of Dave, Chris or Kevin Hart in the future if we're now at the point where we sit around outraged and offended over jokes comedians say.
Absolutely!

20220329_072625.jpg

-foe

You can make jokes that will somewhat offend some people without directing it right at someone. You can make a fat joke without looking dead at someone and making it about them specifically. That wasn't a joke, it was a disrespectful comment directed at one person in front of millions. I'm a bigger dude. People make fat jokes all the times. It's whatever. You look dead at me and call me a fat mf'er just to get some laughs at my expense? Na we're going to have some words.
Did rock look at Jada and say “hey you bald alopecia having *****?”

Rock has said he didn’t know she had alopecia

Worked out in the end and was entertaining.

Millions of ppl are divided on this.

Not sure how much Will cares about those facts anyway. One Instagram apology later and its time to move on.

I mean sure as long as you don't get your *** beat.

Roasts and jokes are all fun until the person who wants to fight actually beats you up.

This is just a cope and betrays the obvious indefensibility of your position..:lol:

Will doesn't care.... but the man he cared enough about to walk on stage and slap.
He's now offering groveling public apology. Wut :lol:

"****old" was trending on the biggest night of Will Smith's career.

The entire post award coverage was the shameful act
Not Will's Smith's great achievement.

He basically turned a night that should have been 95% Will Smith celebration.
In at least 50% mockery of him and his family.

Why anyone is rationalizing and defending Wills pathetic behavior is wild to me

People project their own insecurities and issues in to this.

If you're fat, a comedian better not talk about me. That skinny girl over there, she's fair game.
No, just don't direct jokes at individual people. If you keep it general, cool. When you single one person out, it's not a joke, it's just a disrespectful comment about one person. A mic and a stage doesn't make you immune from consequences. One person shouldn't get humiliated so the others can get a laugh. Idk why people can't grasp this. It's not hard. Just don't single out one person to humiliate.

No, just don't direct jokes at individual people. If you keep it general, cool. When you single one person out, it's not a joke, it's just a disrespectful comment about one person. A mic and a stage doesn't make you immune from consequences. One person shouldn't get humiliated so the others can get a laugh. Idk why people can't grasp this. It's not hard. Just don't single out one person to humiliate.
:stoneface:

Did rock look at Jada and say “hey you bald alopecia having *****?”

Rock has said he didn’t know she had alopecia
Doesn't matter if he knew or not. That's why you don't say it. It wasn't a secret, she's been open about it, he just didn't do his homework. You don't know what someone is going through so that's why you shouldn't single one person out to humiliate them.

But of course Rock says that. Even if he knew, he's not admitting to that.

On another forum, I was discussing my opinion on his speech and how it fit the moment, particularly about the "overwhelmed by what God has called on me to do."

Some body hit me with "you know who used to say the exact same stuff? Jim Jones, David Koresh and so on"

It was at that moment that I knew the convo was pointless.
Yeah what do you do with that? 🤣 "Aite, buddy, you got it. Will Smith is David effing Koresh. Sure thing." 😂

-foe

How many hours did you spend yesterday playing contrarian?

It's amazing other people didn't catch on and continued entertaining your nonsense.
Saying "Don't single out people to humiliate so others can get some cheap laughs" makes me a contrarian? Weird, I thought we were beyond that. I don't find a bully disrespecting someone to be funny.

Saying "Don't single out people to humiliate so others can get some cheap laughs" makes me a contrarian? Weird, I thought we were beyond that. I don't find a bully disrespecting someone to be funny.
If you really think Chris Rock the comedian making a bald joke about a woman who parades his husband publicly as a **** at an event where comedians are expected to roast others is bullying behavior, how do you get through life?

Aim your disgust at their toxic relationship, that's where the true problem lies.

Last edited:
Comedians playing bully now? :lol:
This feels like some deep rooted ****. He must have really got made fun of when he was younger and didn't know how to joke back.

I don't know about y'all but all my family and friends do is joke on each other. It's a love language.
lol na, I'm just older now and can see it for what it is. Stuff that was funny when I was a kid isn't as funny now.

Family and friends joking amongst each other is a tad different than someone standing one stage and intentionally embarrassing someone in front of a crowd.

will apologized because of all the backlash he got... if he was really sincere about his apology he woulda apologized to Chris Rock in his acceptance speech.... the only way everything will be all good is if Will agrees to get roasted on comedy central with Chris Rock hosting like Kimmel said

will apologized because of all the backlash he got... if he was really sincere about his apology he woulda apologized to Chris Rock in his acceptance speech.... the only way everything will be all good is if Will agrees to get roasted on comedy central with Chris Rock hosting like Kimmel said
If he did that the whole panel of roasters are running a train.

One thing is for sure. Some of you dudes in here have been sheltered growing up. Insults and jokes are a rite of passage growing up. Especially in the black community. Now all of a sudden it's considered bulling when a comedian cracks jokes about celebrities? This generation is soft man.......... :smh:
Haha I'm 44. Maybe I'm just old and washed. I just don't need to see someone humiliate someone for a laugh.

Back
Top Bottom