The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

Bad timing. The World’s at War with Russia Chris Rock.

Delivering emotional, self conscious pain was tasteless 👎, especially at an award show & Not a stand-up stage night. 💩 if it makes him feel better.. I’ve been smacked a lot more times than him & I owned what I did wrong. 💯

Man- Up CR, you’re made of something young man. Church. 💒

Bad timing. The World’s at War with Russia Chris Rock.

Delivering emotional pain was tasteless, especially at an award show & Not a stand-up stage night. I’ve been smacked a lot more times than him & I owned what I did wrong. 💯

Man- Up CR, you’re made of something young man. Church.

Best post I've read. He should also apologize for not following up with a right hook to William's jaw.

I’m follicly challenged and I didn’t appreciate the “joke” at all. Not ok, downright nasty. What has comedy become?
What jokes do think are ok? If that's too broad of a question, which I can understand, I'll ask 2 different questions: What are some of your favorite comedy movies? And who are some of your favorite funny people?

-foe

4BC6C103-77C2-4141-A340-ADACDE331343.jpeg
3E909105-F000-488C-9904-4E1777FC32AA.jpeg
B22C32CC-35AF-4153-BEB7-56707277AC48.jpeg

I'm not 100% sure but I do not believe that Chris Rock quote is real

that speech was a low key one of the nastiest parts of this entire ordeal.

trying to use Richard Williams name to co-sign your foolishness. :smh:

Will needs help.

Kudos to will to protecting his wife (still could have done it after the show and not on stage) but shame on Jade for not protecting Will. Stepping in to stop him from going up there or at least holding him back from yelling profanities on live tv in front of all his peers is the least she could have done.
Good point.

that speech was a low key one of the nastiest parts of this entire ordeal.

trying to use Richard Williams name to co-sign your foolishness. :smh:

Will needs help.
If we being honest Richard Williams would've done worse :lol:

I don't get how some of you can hear that speech and still be on some of the same talking points and stances.

What jokes do think are ok? If that's too broad of a question, which I can understand, I'll ask 2 different questions: What are some of your favorite comedy movies? And who are some of your favorite funny people?

-foe
You can make jokes that will somewhat offend some people without directing it right at someone. You can make a fat joke without looking dead at someone and making it about them specifically. That wasn't a joke, it was a disrespectful comment directed at one person in front of millions. I'm a bigger dude. People make fat jokes all the times. It's whatever. You look dead at me and call me a fat mf'er just to get some laughs at my expense? Na we're going to have some words.

If we being honest Richard Williams would've done worse :lol:

I don't get how some of you can hear that speech and still be on some of the same talking points and stances.

clearly his family seems to disagree, but hey maybe you know richard williams better. :lol:

Im still beyond baffled that anyone co-signs what Will did,
torch the biggest night of your career over something that could have been handled in private.

and try to use Richard Williams name to justify it. wild nasty.

You can make jokes that will somewhat offend some people without directing it right at someone. You can make a fat joke without looking dead at someone and making it about them specifically. That wasn't a joke, it was a disrespectful comment directed at one person in front of millions. I'm a bigger dude. People make fat jokes all the times. It's whatever. You look dead at me and call me a fat mf'er just to get some laughs at my expense? Na we're going to have some words.

Then have some words

Don't go on stage smacking someone like some lunatic during what's possibly one your biggest career achievements

clearly his family seems to disagree, but hey maybe you know richard williams better. :lol:
Yeah, cuz in light of this Richard Williams is going to say yeah I would've smacked Rock too :lol:

But like I said I don't get how some of yall are still stuck on the same thing.

The idea that Will Smith has torched his career is pretty silly as well. Its really like there's some separate reality being experienced.

Then have some words

Don't go on stage smacking someone like some lunatic during what's possibly one your biggest career achievements
I don't disagree. Will could have handled it better. My issue is with the people saying Rock gets a pass bc he's a comedian and Will and Jada just have to deal with it. When you single out one person, it goes from jokes to disrespect real quick.

Back
Top Bottom