The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

I don't disagree. Will could have handled it better. My issue is with the people saying Rock gets a pass bc he's a comedian and Will and Jada just have to deal with it. When you single out one person, it goes from jokes to disrespect real quick.

He threw a "zinger" at her that lasted how many seconds?

Its not like he stood there and did a whole bit berating her for being bald or her "condition"

He threw a "zinger" at her that lasted how many seconds?

Its not like he stood there and did a whole bit berating her for being bald or her "condition"
And he just got slapped, not beat down. No harm, right?

Downplaying he condition is pretty gross.

Just don't defend Rock. He was wrong for going there. Same for Will. Both could have been better.

And he just got slapped, not beat down. No harm, right?

Downplaying he condition is pretty gross.

Just don't defend Rock. He was wrong for going there. Same for Will. Both could have been better.

Downplaying her condition?

I'm only playing it to the level we always treated celebrities, especially black male celebrities such as athletes

Educate me on which ones you've caped for in the past talking about "his condition"

20220328_211815.jpg

I'm not surprised that more women than men thought the slap was a good idea.

I'd love to see a racial break down of the gender. :lol:

This is really interesting to see. Not exactly what it shows but it’s a safe enough bet that a gen z chick is most agreeable with Will whereas a boomer man is the least. I honestly would not have guessed this.

Downplaying her condition?

I'm only playing it to the level we always treated celebrities, especially black male celebrities such as athletes

Educate me on which ones you've caped for in the past talking about "his condition"
Yes, you used "condition" as if it's not a real thing.

Ahh now I see where you're going with this. Your misogyny is showing.

No need to repeat yourself. Just leave it at that.
Do y'all dudes have a problem with getting the last word... Not even being disingenuous but I have no idea what me and you were discussing prior to that last post. Lol brother stop quoting and I wouldn't have to repeat myself. Whatever we were discussing let's respect each other's opinion and move on :lol:

This is really interesting to see. Not exactly what it shows but it’s a safe enough bet that a gen z chick is most agreeable with Will whereas a boomer man is the least. I honestly would not have guessed this.
It's not surprising to me. A lot of women feel they underprotected by today's men and will's slap resonated with them... Hence why you see so many dudes crashing out over females today. For some chicks the ultimate show of love is a ninja whooping somebody on your behalf... I'm cool on that, glad my girl is laid way and has an aversion to bs like me.

Misogyny?

I need more education

Should I be treating her the same or different?
Demanding me to give examples of me saying it's wrong to go at a man bc I said it's wrong to go at her is laughable. I don't need to show credentials. What Rock said was ****** up, regardless of the genders involved. The fact that you're hung up on man vs woman is telling.

You can make jokes that will somewhat offend some people without directing it right at someone. You can make a fat joke without looking dead at someone and making it about them specifically. That wasn't a joke, it was a disrespectful comment directed at one person in front of millions. I'm a bigger dude. People make fat jokes all the times. It's whatever. You look dead at me and call me a fat mf'er just to get some laughs at my expense? Na we're going to have some words.
That moves your argument away from the joke and towards the delivery. Before this, you had been saying in the Academy thread "Props to guys who don't tell these kinds of jokes." Now you're saying, "Actually the jokes are fine, but don't make eye contact."

Is there something I've misinterpreted?

-foe

It's not surprising to me. A lot of women feel they underprotected by today's men and will's slap resonated with them... Hence why you see so many dudes crashing out over females today. For some chicks the ultimate show of love is a ninja whooping somebody on your behalf... I'm cool on that, glad my girl is laid way and has an aversion to bs like me.

I think it’s interesting in that it goes against what people assume the values are of those cohorts are. People assume the boomer man to align more with the MTG tweet of being the “alpha,” subscribing to toxic masculinity, and having a conservative gender role type value of defending your wife’s honor and doing so with violence if needed.

On the flip people assume that gen z is woke and above that, and would stand for the opposite. The trend applied to younger gen z males too finding it more acceptable than a boomer would.

Misogyny?

I need more education

Should I be treating her the same or different?
Don’t care about the rest of this argument but what I’d like to know is why you chose to put condition in quotes. If it’s somehow not intended as downplaying or even questioning the existence of her medical condition, it sure looks that way.
her "condition"

Well if that's been your take from the beginning then we've been agreeing this entire time
Na you've spent the entire day downplaying the "joke" and saying that Will and Jada should expect that by going to an award show that he's a part of. So no, we don't agree.

It’s easier to draw conclusions as to why after the fact but I think it also goes against what people infer the values are of those cohorts. People assume the boomer man to align more with the MTG tweet of being the “alpha,” subscribing to toxic masculinity, and having a conservative gender role type value of defending your wife’s honor and doing so with violence if needed.

On the flip people assume that gen z is woke and above that, and would stand for the opposite. The trend applied to younger gen z males too finding it more acceptable than a boomer would.
Ah yeah... The gen z dudes are with all the *******, my youngest two bros are gen z and them boys are wild. You're missing the factor that boomers would be more inclined with the belief that "there's a time and place for everything" which why that graph may look like that as well.

That moves your argument away from the joke and towards the delivery. Before this, you had been saying in the Academy thread "Props to guys who don't tell these kinds of jokes." Now you're saying, "Actually the jokes are fine, but don't make eye contact."

Is there something I've misinterpreted?

-foe
lol it's not about eye contact. It's about putting one person's name in your mouth and disrespecting that single person in front of millions.

Demanding me to give examples of me saying it's wrong to go at a man bc I said it's wrong to go at her is laughable. I don't need to show credentials. What Rock said was ****ed up, regardless of the genders involved. The fact that you're hung up on man vs woman is telling.

It's very telling in your attempt to portray her as some helpless victim

I get it that she didn't like Chris's comment

But people are clowns for all of a sudden pretending to care about baldness as some SERIOUS issue

Pretend like you ever gave a **** about mjs or LeBron baldness

She's a victim because she didn't want it to happen to her?

We got LeBron out here still pretending he ain't bald, nobody would ever call LeBron a victim

Back
Top Bottom