The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Just finished Heavy Rain, cool game, some of the motion movements required on the controller are annoying but the story was cool, banging a chick in QTE was different lmaooooo
PS3 version kept freezing on me at a certain point in the story, need to cop the PS4 version

Just finished Heavy Rain, cool game, some of the motion movements required on the controller are annoying but the story was cool, banging a chick in QTE was different lmaooooo
Check out Detroit when it drops.

Input lag has never hinder my gameplay experience. 

Seems like a trivial thing to worry about.
Kind of feel the same. 

One could argue that tvs are inherently bad for shooters.

Having a monitor is the only way to go, if you're that serious about shooters.

Anyone looking for a 4K TV for gaming should consult here first:

Wait a damn minute. I knew for sure that my Samsung JS7000 was HDR 8. I even remember reading about it on rtings before I bought the TV in August.

Butttt its on this list and it says "Please note that most of the TVs with HDR rated 7.5 or less were originally HDR 8 but received updates to make it support HDR 10, so you may notice some differences between them and higher rated TVs."

I go back to the same rtings review and it now says HDR 10 :wow:

Can somebody explain what happened? Is my TV really an HDR 10 tv now via firmware update or is it still HDR 8 and just more compatible with 10?

Anyone looking for a 4K TV for gaming should consult here first:

Wait a damn minute. I knew for sure that my Samsung JS7000 was HDR 8. I even remember reading about it on rtings before I bought the TV in August.

Butttt its on this list and it says "Please note that most of the TVs with HDR rated 7.5 or less were originally HDR 8 but received updates to make it support HDR 10, so you may notice some differences between them and higher rated TVs."

I go back to the same rtings review and it now says HDR 10 :wow:

Can somebody explain what happened? Is my TV really an HDR 10 tv now via firmware update or is it still HDR 8 and just more compatible with 10?

Yes, they updated the firmware to enable HDR10 support. So you have access to HDR10 and the wider color gamut but because your set is older it's going to look a tad less "good" as those who are HDR10 ready out of the box. This is mainly because of better panel and chip production along with calibration on the newer models.

Last edited:
Anyone know if/where uncharted 4 will be on sale next week? I've been scouring and I'm not seeing it on any lists.

Just beat Bioshock 1

Great game!

I might have to beat it again harvesting all the little sisters

On to Bioshock 2

Just beat Bioshock 1

Great game!

I might have to beat it again harvesting all the little sisters

On to Bioshock 2
Bioshock 1 is such a great game. I need to pick the remaster back up. Got to the sander cohen level and stopped playing.

i have yet to play bioshock 1. i played 2 a few years ago when i borrowed it from a friend and didnt beat it so i gotta scoop the collection up one of these days

Can anyone with a Pro let me know if they're having issues with the fan? Mine isn't loud, but when I'm playing, the fan is constantly running and revving up and down. Is this normal to keep the unit cool? Some people are saying theirs is whisper quiet and that's definitely not the case for me.

Can anyone with a Pro let me know if they're having issues with the fan? Mine isn't loud, but when I'm playing, the fan is constantly running and revving up and down. Is this normal to keep the unit cool? Some people are saying theirs is whisper quiet and that's definitely not the case for me.

If i were you, i would exchange it.

EA develops all of its titles first for high-end PCs and then scales them down for consoles. It is certainly good for EA, since the consoles are becoming more and more like PCs, and we are also witnessing a mid-generation console upgrades. Mid-generation console upgrades are also good for the company, as it allows EA to not worry about their games not selling well on the old hardware when a new console is out.

This situation is also beneficial for the consumers as well as they can get a powerful console without waiting 5 or more years. One bright side of the mid-generation upgrade, in my opinion, is that the games are no longer held back by technical limitations of the older hardware.He further added that the move to the Frostbite engine has been “incredibly powerful” for EA, as they went from 26 different game engine to just one. 

If i were you, i would exchange it.

That's what I'm going to try to do tomorrow. This is a bit disappointing. I'm hoping this isn't a widespread problem. Several people have stated they have fan issues similar to me and many others say theirs is quiet.

I noticed that for me, the fan was the loudest and revved up and down mostly when playing 2K. When I played FIFA or BF1, the fan was on, but it didn't fluctuate at all. It was just on and running. The fan was even running when in the dashboard.

Jan
Gravity Rush 2
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8
Resident Evil 7
Tales of Berseria
Yakuza 0

Feb
Nioh
For Honor
Sniper Elite 4
Horizon Zero Dawn

Persona getting delayed is a good thing IMO.

Bioshock 1 is such a great game. I need to pick the remaster back up. Got to the sander cohen level and stopped playing.

[quote name="seandon23" url="/t/526537/the-official-playstation-thread-pro4-ps4-psvr-ps3-and-vita-ps4-update-4-01-incoming/69930#post_26933798h"]i have yet to play bioshock 1. i played 2 a few years ago when i borrowed it from a friend and didnt beat it so i gotta scoop the collection up one of these days
[/quote]

I only ever play infinite because it was free on PSN

I loved that one too but I heard it's the worse of the series

Anybody play Rainbow Six Siege on here? Looking to do some Terrorist Hunt missions if anybody is interested.

PSN: KevinBruins

Any deals on trading PS4 for PS4 Pro?

The only one I've heard of is GameStop offering $150 to trade in PS4.

I went yesterday to trade mine in and the Manager was pretty adamant about waiting until all these issues with the Pro have been resolved. Apparently only a few games run without problems at this time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom