The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

39GB?! Jesus. Can't wait for the patch notes.

eek.gif
Patch notes gonna look like a game review, score and all

Really interested in FFXV...Probably will have to make that HDD upgrade purchase soon lol

Can anyone with a Pro let me know if they're having issues with the fan? Mine isn't loud, but when I'm playing, the fan is constantly running and revving up and down. Is this normal to keep the unit cool? Some people are saying theirs is whisper quiet and that's definitely not the case for me.

Mine's quiet.

Mine's quiet.

At this point I don't even know what quiet means. I'm on my second Pro and the fans on this one aren't running as loud, but you can definitely hear them if you're in a room with nothing on.

If I got two defective Pros, them SMH at Sony.

Got to play as Sombra yesterday and she is really dope. Don't know how I feel about them taking hero stacking out of quick play tho

So I exchanged my Pro for a new one and it seems to be running a bit quieter. The fan still kicks on when gaming, which at this point I'm thinking is normal. It's definitely not as loud as before though. Hopefully there aren't any issues.

The fans on my GTX 1080 on turns on when it reaches a certain temperature

IDK if the ps4 pro is that efficient but it sounds like it is :pimp:

I thought the purpose of the delay was so they DIDN'T have to release a massive day one patch and accommodate those without a internet connection.
The delay was so that the game on disc is playable so those without an internet connection can still play a decent version of the game.

For those that do have a PS4Pro can you see a big difference?

With a 4K television, yes. What I mentioned previously is that the games that are running in 4K, such as NBA 2K17, FIFA 17 and Rise of the Tomb Raider, all look crisp. Even with games like Battlefield 1 that aren't full native 4K, you can see a difference in terms of texture crispness of the image which adds to immersion.

With a game like NBA 2K17, the game looks great on the Xbox One S in HDR. When you take that and bump it up to 4K, you see less jagged edges, everything is smoother and once again, just crisp.

I don't think I've seen anything negative about PS4 Pro. I may be getting one early next year if my wife come thru with this new TV. It really all depends on my next duty station tho.

Corrections - 1:26
New Switch Rumors - 4:14
Xbox One S Wins on Top of October NPD - 30:44
Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy? - 39:13
Super Mario Run's Price and Release Date - 47:38
Podcast Halftime - 55:04
L&R: Will some games be lost forever? - 57:01
L&R: Who Had the Bigger Budget? - 1:06:31
L&R: Could a fan game become GOTY? - 1:19:11
L&R: Just a nice message - 1:22:05
L&R: Best Gaming/Non-Gaming Things to do in LA - 1:23:08
Time for Bets - 1:31:48
Closing - 1:42:25

I don't think I've seen anything negative about PS4 Pro. I may be getting one early next year if my wife come thru with this new TV. It really all depends on my next duty station tho.

The main thing I've been seeing is certain games aren't able to maintain their frame rate with the bump in resolution. Just as with Watch Dogs 2, the PS4 Pro version will output in 1800p, but has dropped frames in scenes with a lot of action. Compared to the base PS4, it runs pretty consistently at 1080/30. I believe there was a mandate put out by Sony that stated games needed to perform the same or better as the PS4 version, but unfortunately, that hasn't been the case for every game.

I believe Skyrim, The Last of Us and Watch Dogs 2 are the titles so far that suffer from this, but we're talking about a 2-4 frame drop in certain situations.

Back
Top Bottom