The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Worth watching if you want some insight; Neil goes into a few of their decisions and actually addresses one @HYPR criticism at about the 15min mark.

Now whether you agree or believe him is your prerogative, but nice to see him at least address it.

Worth watching if you want some insight; Neil goes into a few of their decisions and actually addresses one @HYPR criticism at about the 15min mark.

Now whether you agree or believe him is your prerogative, but nice to see him at least address it.

No amount of Troy Baker tears will save that scene for me.

It's not even just that, the entire scene is just too ridiculous for me.

Abby is on a 1000 mile journey to find a man named Joel, she knows nothing else about him other than his name.

Owen/Abby find a town but don't even know if he's there, they need confirmation but don't worry because Abby is going to get mad @ Owen, go off on her own, almost die and then get saved by the very man she was looking for.

Cool.

So, Joel saves her but she doesn't know what the man she's looking for looks like, so the only way for her to get this information is if Tommy or Joel introduces themselves.

Cool.

When Abby says "Joel Miller", he could've just been like "Who? I'm Joel Jackson" and she would have no ******* clue if he were being honest or not, :lol:

Laziest writing of all time, it could've and should've been done so much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished the game at 24 hours, 51 minutes. I finished with 16 trophies. Somehow I managed to find all weapons, workbenches, and crack all safe combinations. I found 190/246 collectibles. How in the hell I missed 56 is beyond me. I feel like I searched everywhere :lol: I'm not as nice as Bad Religion Bad Religion with the pen skills so I'll keep it unorganized and brief :lol:

I was completely thrown off with how Joel died. I managed to make it all the way through spoiler free. That said, I thought it was pretty obvious that he was going to die. I recall ND saying they didn't want to do a sequel so i figured someone had to be killed off to maybe kill the fan demand :lol: Also as Bad Religion said, Joel had to pay for his decisions. In regards to how in ended up in that situation, I looked at it as they were complacent. I'm not sure how long they were in that "city" but they were comfortable living a "normal" life. They saw a woman in trouble and decided to help her. It didn't seem like they had much of a choice due but to go back with her due to severe weather. Once they got there, I feel like the tension in the room put them on edge. Hence Tommy offering them a chance to resupply. The numbers were against them. It may seem naive but that was what I got from it.

I did NOT want to play with Abby! I was pissed! Seeing her character development, friends being killed one by one, helping the children, and seeing how she became who she is made me really feel sorry for her. I didn't agree with the way she did it, but I understood her reason for killing Joel. Fast forward to the theater, I was hoping that I wasn't going to kill Ellie. But at the same time, I thought maybe it was for the best. I was under the assumption that Tommy was dead and figured Dina was about to get that work too. Ellie being alone, again felt like cruelty. I didn't want to experience that. I was quite pleased to see Ellie, Tommy and Dina survive. RIP Jesse, didn't really like him. I thought he was gonna turn traitor :lol:

Santa Barbara -- Was it the Rattlers? They had potential but seemed rushed. They had a different feel to them (probably because they were from California?) I'm not sure how but I feel like they could have been fleshed out more but at the same time, by this point I felt the game was starting to overstay it's welcome. That whole segment just felt rushed, nothing really memorable from it. Once I located Abby, I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to kill her. I don't know if that was the right decision but I'm glad that they managed to keep both of them alive.

Overall, I think everything about the game, minus the story, is better than the original. There was nothing that ND could have done to make me feel the way I felt when Sarah was shot. As a parent, that scene hit different for me. I also really missed the banter between Ellie and Joel.

P.S. To hell with Dina for packing up her **** and leaving Ellie alone :smh:

I seen a few people suggest that it's setup for a third game. How so? Maybe I missed something but I don't see it.

I watched a bit of that KF discussion and after hearing how serious Troy and Neil are being just to hear Greg explain how "Victor wrote into patreon.com/KFgames just like you can" and realized I'm good on this for now :lol:

I just finished the game at 24 hours, 51 minutes. I finished with 16 trophies. Somehow I managed to find all weapons, workbenches, and crack all safe combinations. I found 190/246 collectibles. How in the hell I missed 56 is beyond me. I feel like I searched everywhere :lol: I'm not as nice as Bad Religion Bad Religion with the pen skills so I'll keep it unorganized and brief :lol:

I was completely thrown off with how Joel died. I managed to make it all the way through spoiler free. That said, I thought it was pretty obvious that he was going to die. I recall ND saying they didn't want to do a sequel so i figured someone had to be killed off to maybe kill the fan demand :lol: Also as Bad Religion said, Joel had to pay for his decisions. In regards to how in ended up in that situation, I looked at it as they were complacent. I'm not sure how long they were in that "city" but they were comfortable living a "normal" life. They saw a woman in trouble and decided to help her. It didn't seem like they had much of a choice due but to go back with her due to severe weather. Once they got there, I feel like the tension in the room put them on edge. Hence Tommy offering them a chance to resupply. The numbers were against them. It may seem naive but that was what I got from it.

I did NOT want to play with Abby! I was pissed! Seeing her character development, friends being killed one by one, helping the children, and seeing how she became who she is made me really feel sorry for her. I didn't agree with the way she did it, but I understood her reason for killing Joel. Fast forward to the theater, I was hoping that I wasn't going to kill Ellie. But at the same time, I thought maybe it was for the best. I was under the assumption that Tommy was dead and figured Dina was about to get that work too. Ellie being alone, again felt like cruelty. I didn't want to experience that. I was quite pleased to see Ellie, Tommy and Dina survive. RIP Jesse, didn't really like him. I thought he was gonna turn traitor :lol:

Santa Barbara -- Was it the Rattlers? They had potential but seemed rushed. They had a different feel to them (probably because they were from California?) I'm not sure how but I feel like they could have been fleshed out more but at the same time, by this point I felt the game was starting to overstay it's welcome. That whole segment just felt rushed, nothing really memorable from it. Once I located Abby, I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to kill her. I don't know if that was the right decision but I'm glad that they managed to keep both of them alive.

Overall, I think everything about the game, minus the story, is better than the original. There was nothing that ND could have done to make me feel the way I felt when Sarah was shot. As a parent, that scene hit different for me. I also really missed the banter between Ellie and Joel.

I seen a few people suggest that it's setup for a third game. How so? Maybe I missed something but I don't see it.
You hit the nail on the head.
i was dreading play as Abby in the theater cause I really thought I was going to have to kill Ellie. But I was actually while choking Abby playing as Ellie was saying Ellie stop

Adding my 2 cents to lazy writing... I’m going to be civil about this.

Mel is a doctor and easily 5+ months pregnant yet she’s out here in firefights, jumping, running, etc.

A DOCTOR that’s pregnant is doing this. Like c’mon.

Also, can we talk about this please?

Tommy gets shot in the HEAD with a gun and an arrow to the leg. Dina is sick with pregnancy, get shot with an arrow to the shoulder and gets her head bashed so badly she passes out and is bleeding. And Ellie gets her arm completely broken, ribs destroyed, and her head bashed.

And somehow they all make it back to Wyoming....

Let me repeat that...Tommy got SHOT in the head. Even if he was able to survive, he would need a surgeon to perform surgery ASAP to live.
But somehow with no horse or car, they make it back to Jackson and Tommy lives... wut. This lazy writing was just there so Tommy could guilt trip Ellie to go to Cali.To me, that’s lazy writing and a plot hole.

Adding my 2 cents to lazy writing... I’m going to be civil about this.

Mel is a doctor and easily 5+ months pregnant yet she’s out here in firefights, jumping, running, etc.

A DOCTOR that’s pregnant is doing this. Like c’mon.

Also, can we talk about this please?

Tommy gets shot in the HEAD with a gun and an arrow to the leg. Dina is sick with pregnancy, get shot with an arrow to the shoulder and gets her head bashed so badly she passes out and is bleeding. And Ellie gets her arm completely broken, ribs destroyed, and her head bashed.

And somehow they all make it back to Wyoming....

Let me repeat that...Tommy got SHOT in the head. Even if he was able to survive, he would need a surgeon to perform surgery ASAP to live.
But somehow with no horse or car, they make it back to Jackson and Tommy lives... wut. This lazy writing was just there so Tommy could guilt trip Ellie to go to Cali.To me, that’s lazy writing and a plot hole.
I won't argue any of your points but I think at some point we have to remind ourselves that it is in fact a video game and is used as a form of entertainment.

I personally don’t like the “Joel got soft because he was living a peaceful life” argument because were acting like Joel just stayed in his house playing the guitar al day long. Joel and Tommy were consistently on patrol during the 4-5 years. Just in the beginning of the game, Joel was telling Jesse about keeping his guard up whenever Ellie was on patrol and telling him what to do and what not to do. I don’t buy that “Joel forgot his survival instinct” argument at all.

I won't argue any of your points but I think at some point we have to remind ourselves that it is in fact a video game and is used as a form of entertainment.

I’m saying this with respect but that’s a cop out answer. Esp for a game that tries so hard to make it realistic and based off real human emotions and feelings.

I personally don’t like the “Joel got soft because he was living a peaceful life” argument because were acting like Joel just stayed in his house playing the guitar al day long. Joel and Tommy were consistently on patrol during the 4-5 years. Just in the beginning of the game, Joel was telling Jesse about keeping his guard up whenever Ellie was on patrol and telling him what to do and what not to do. I don’t buy that “Joel forgot his survival instinct” argument at all.
Sure we can make all types of arguments about it. I just think that for once in what, 25 years? He finally slipped up! You could also say he "slipped" when he took on the responsibility of Ellie. He made one mistake and it cost him his life. To be fair, I can see it from you POV as well. It's just that my POV was my initial reaction after I processed his death.
I’m saying this with respect but that’s a cop out answer. Esp for a game that tries so hard to make it realistic and based off real human emotions and feelings.
That's fair. I'm not saying it isn't. I just think we have to leave some things to the imagination. I mean I don't think majority of people in the world would be able to survive and/or function properly after being smacked in the face/head multiple times with steel pipes, bats, 4x4s etc. but they managed to get by :lol:

Just out of curiosity, aside from the story, did you like the game?

I don't think anyone in here has said it's a bad game from a technical standpoint.

This is a story driven game, if we don't like the story we're not going to like the game.

Sure we can make all types of arguments about it. I just think that for once in what, 25 years? He finally slipped up! You could also say he "slipped" when he took on the responsibility of Ellie. He made one mistake and it cost him his life. To be fair, I can see it from you POV as well. It's just that my POV was my initial reaction after I processed his death.
That's fair. I'm not saying it isn't. I just think we have to leave some things to the imagination. I mean I don't think majority of people in the world would be able to survive and/or function properly after being smacked in the face/head multiple times with steel pipes, bats, 4x4s etc. but they managed to get by :lol:

Gameplay wise I did until I started playing as Abby. And I absolutely hated playing as Abby and having to fight Ellie. I paused the game and literally said “what the **** am I even playing?”

I really enjoyed playing as Ellie and exploring with Dina in the grassy green setting. That was a scene in the game that I felt was a highlight and the part where Dina explains her Jewish backgrounds. Really reminded me of the first game.

I give this game a 6/10. Great gameplay, voice acting, graphics, soundtrack. But just terrible story.

I don't think anyone in here has said it's a bad game from a technical standpoint.

This is a story driven game, if we don't like the story we're not going to like the game.
I avoided all the previous discussions and have no intentions of finding all the previous spoiler tags. I just noticed I hadn't seen any positive posts regarding the game from you and Beruseruku Desu Beruseruku Desu . I also think you can like a game without liking certain aspects of it. I hate how RDR2 feels and plays but enjoyed the story enough to finish it and not bash it to the point where it seems like utter garbage.
Gameplay wise I did until I started playing as Abby. And I absolutely hated playing as Abby and having to fight Ellie. I paused the game and literally said “what the **** am I even playing?”

I really enjoyed playing as Ellie and exploring with Dina in the grassy green setting. That was a scene in the game that I felt was a highlight and the part where Dina explains her Jewish backgrounds. Really reminded me of the first game.

I give this game a 6/10. Great gameplay, voice acting, graphics, soundtrack. But just terrible story.
Sheesh. You weigh the story very heavy, that's a whole 6 :rofl:

The game isn’t groundbreaking gameplay wise imo. It’s great don’t get me wrong, but nothing to win an award for. First one and this one. It’s really the story that carries the game imo.

The game isn’t groundbreaking gameplay wise imo. It’s great don’t get me wrong, but nothing to win an award for. First one and this one. It’s really the story that carries the game imo.

It isn't? Please explain, and list 3 games with A.I. this advance... I'll wait.

Back
Top Bottom