The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

More than Spider-Man which had the record before.

Spider-Man - 3.3M in 3 days
God of War - 3.1M in 3 days

Been a good gen for Sony. The growth of their exclusives this gen is immense.

Part 1 took 6 and a half years to reach 20 million sales across PS3 & PS4.
Part 2 has done 4 Million in 3 days with a PS5 upgrade also likely to come.

Now lets see if bad word of mouth will affect the game's sales

Didn't FF7R do 3.5?

People may not count that since it's not from a Sony studio. It's also coming to other platform(s) as some point in time.

******* hated playing against erron black when ppl would spam his dumb *** slide and run+kick move. always had to fatality his *** online anytime I won.

So I replaced the thermal paste and pads on my almost 3 year old white PS4 Pro and the fan system still runs loud when playing any games on it. Not sure what else to do next.

I've been looking on google, reddit, Reset Era, and Neogaf.

It could be the fan, Sony uses two types Delta and Nidec with Nidec being the quite one.

You guys who said you weren't paying full price for 1 Crash game.
I blame you :lol:

When y’all are going for the plats, are you guys using the webs to find like “treasuries” here and there? Or straight up blind.?

i know when I plat B:AA there was like a couple of riddler trophies that were bothering me :lol:

I’m try and go for the plat in GOW. Thank god it doesn’t require Multi
Blind first then web to clean up after the main story.

Didn't FF7R do 3.5?

That was shipped while the Sony Studios numbers are sell-through to customers so the shipped numbers will be higher.

He's worked w/ that team before doing Catherine, too.

He voices Kanji in Persona 4.
Let's not forget about Snow from the FF XIII trilogy as well as the Yuri from the OG Tales of Vesperia :smokin

When y’all are going for the plats, are you guys using the webs to find like “treasuries” here and there? Or straight up blind.?

i know when I plat B:AA there was like a couple of riddler trophies that were bothering me :lol:

I played blind and managed to get majority of the collectibles. I think I missed 56 of them. There's actually an accessibility setting that you can change that will allow you to use listen mode to scan for collectibles and parts thus making it a lot easier to get everything without using a guide. Keep in mind, it's impossible to upgrade all your weapons and upgrades in one playthrough. You will have to play through probably half of the game again.

I'm actually about to get back into GoW in order to get the plat. I just don't know if I should do an entire new playthrough since I forgot how to play or just jump back in and learn on the go. I have a few Valkyrie fights left.

It depends. I will almost always see if a plat can be done in one playthrough, and if so, are any trophies missable.

Games I am really looking forward to, I will go in blind and just browse the trophy list to get an idea. Then I'll go back through to get the plat. Sometimes I'll make a judgement call if a trophy seems like it will kill the enjoyment for me, I'll just decide to get what I can and move on.

For collectibles I almost always use a guide. Alot of games (Ubisoft is great at this) have in-game system to help you find and keep track so I just play through and use the in-game map.

Enticing but wait long enough it'll end up part of a collection.

This is Activision.

They saw the thirst after the collection and Team Racing.

It depends. I will almost always see if a plat can be done in one playthrough, and if so, are any trophies missable.

Games I am really looking forward to, I will go in blind and just browse the trophy list to get an idea. Then I'll go back through to get the plat. Sometimes I'll make a judgement call if a trophy seems like it will kill the enjoyment for me, I'll just decide to get what I can and move on.

For collectibles I almost always use a guide. Alot of games (Ubisoft is great at this) have in-game system to help you find and keep track so I just play through and use the in-game map.
This.

BTW Are trophies still missable in recent games?
I thought that died out after numerous complaints to devs. :lol:

^ a lot of Sony first party games have been really great at allowing you to get all trophies in one playthrough. Not all devs though.

Most AAA games nowadays are good about missable trophies.

A lot can be solved by knowing when to fire up an alternative save file. But it has certainly gotten better. PS3 era was tough. :lol:

Thanks for the recommendation! I have always been on the fence with that series. I had a teammate in college who loved DMC and played at a pretty high level, getting crazy high combo numbers. Watching him I think made it seem like an intimidating game.

If I find it for the right price I will give it a shot. Is DMC 5 the best option to start with?

DMC3 is the best in the series.

Aside from 2, the games have always received high scores and praise. I would start with 1. Just get the DMC HD collection. Brings the first 3 games. Then try 4 and 5.

There's a standalone game, DMC:Devil may Cry which was good also.

Most AAA games nowadays are good about missable trophies.

A lot can be solved by knowing when to fire up an alternative save file. But it has certainly gotten better. PS3 era was tough. :lol:
Hopefully next gen we can ease up on the collectibles. Looking at AC Origins and Odyssey :lol:

Bad Religion Bad Religion

This is the chronological order to play the devil may cry games.

The first game in the time line is Devil May Cry 3, followed by Devil May Cry, then Devil May Cry 2, Devil May Cry 4 and Devil May Cry 5.

So I replaced the thermal paste and pads on my almost 3 year old white PS4 Pro and the fan system still runs loud when playing any games on it. Not sure what else to do next.

I've been looking on google, reddit, Reset Era, and Neogaf.

what mm pads did you use? I used 1.5 mm. Ish quite

Came in on the final day before cancellation.
20200626_181152.jpg
20200626_181218.jpg
20200626_181552.jpg
20200626_181624.jpg
20200626_181707.jpg

I just beat Last of Us 2 and I have many thoughts:

I think the game is an absolute masterpiece. It totally nails just about everything. The graphics, the music, the level design and attention to detail are all absolutely top-notch. Has someone who used to live in the Seattle area, there were a lot of nice details and touches.

I really like going back and playing through certain encounters in different ways, going different routes, using stealth sometimes and going in guns blazing others.

The attention to detail is incredible. I loved reading all of the notes left around and if you read enough of them, you get a complete picture of things.

I liked learning about the scars and the WLF, it was a very compelling narrative to me.

I especially like playing as Abby and I like the fact that her and Ellie play differently. it was a very interesting way of telling the story, switching between characters. Playing as Abby and knowing her motivations. You can totally understand her perspective and see why Ellie is the bad guy. My only beef is that it was a little long but the payoff was great and I liked the Scar island raid sequence.

I wish there was a multiplayer component like the first game. The multiplayer in the first one wasn't great but I enjoyed it.

I'll give it a 9.4

Back
Top Bottom