The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Yup.

The bargain bin Nick Fury with hair look was wild insulting.

avengers-stream-shows-off-new-takes-on-modok-nick-fury-and-maria-hill.jpg

:smh:

Shame.

Rocksteady is making a Suicide Squad game. They were the ones behind the Arkham games.

Let's see if that delivers.

After taking a nice 3 hour nap,

I just wanted to apologize for all the **** talking I did about the last of us 2.

I was sleep deprived and my anger came out.

don’t get me wrong, the game’s story and writing is still some straight *** cheeks

and it’s clear the community is split but understand that both sides are coming from a passion of the previous game for different reasons be it gameplay, story, or the love they had for the characters

let’s move on.

Anyways, I’m ready for ghost of tsushima

can’t wait to play that one dude I saved in the trailer.

ok that’s it lol. Seriously I’m moving on.

How many hours is the game? Still only about 5-6 hours in, but I've been looking in every building etc...

After taking a nice 3 hour nap,

I just wanted to apologize for all the **** talking I did about the last of us 2.

I was sleep deprived and my anger came out.

don’t get me wrong, the game’s story and writing is still some straight *** cheeks

and it’s clear the community is split but understand that both sides are coming from a passion of the previous game for different reasons be it gameplay, story, or the love they had for the characters

let’s move on.

Anyways, I’m ready for ghost of tsushima

can’t wait to play that one dude I saved in the trailer.

ok that’s it lol. Seriously I’m moving on.
Nah Man. That’s on me also. I completely understand how people can not like parts of the game. Everyone has their right to their opinion of a game. That’s what makes it fun. At least hopefully we can almost all agree the first last of us is the better game.

na i get what you mean. But all of Ellies parents and friends are dead by the time she was 14. She had to kill a bunch of people while traveling halfway across the country with Joel. She almost got raped by a pedo and ended up mashing his face with a blade. saw a dude shoot his own brother and then commit suicide. saw Joel get stabbed by a pole and had to be there for him until he healed, etc etc. things as drastic and impactful as this doesnt change how you feel about someone so quick imo. regardless if theyre a teenage girl.

THIS is how you do a revenge tale.....

nzwshpr39v651.jpg

One of the GOAT scenes in gaming.

A quote way back when the first trailer came out.
you telling me when you the trailer about Abby being saved you didn’t think you be playing as her
Then you the foolish one. I’m done fighting with you. You trying to get personal now.

I definitely didn't get that from seeing the trailer. I'm going through it now in the game. I wouldn't have done it this way, but I'll give it a fair shake untill I finish the game.

We all know the disappointment that Marvel vs Capcom Infinite was Lacking x-men. Do you guys think if Marvel marketed like Square Enix’s game and was just “Marvel Superheroes 2” with no Capcom characters, that it would’ve been more accepted/praised for the gameplay?

Time for me to have my own rant like the other dudes in this thread :lol:

What Marvel needed to do was contribute towards the budget of the game.
I don't know the details of the contract but Capcom is not exactly the richest company and they'll always prioritize Monster Hunter and Resident Evil.
Even Street Fighter takes a backseat compared to those 2.

If Marvel had the same attitude they did with Spider-Man back then and contributed towards the budget of the game and added X-Men characters then things would have been much better.
A good MVC game would easily have rivaled SFV's pro tour circuit and could be a money maker.

Gameplay of Marvel Infinite is actually good even with 2v2 and the online is also better than SFV but you could tell it was lacking a good budget or most of it went on story mode.
Animation and movement is where Capcom fighters shine so to see the step back compared to UMVC3 was painful.

It's sad that the only AAA fighting game is Mortal Kombat and they sell bucket loads every release.

I guess Street Fighter x Tekken really burnt them.

After watching the complete Avengers War Table vid and seeing some new gameplay I'm less "meh" on it than I was before.

Square Enix vision for this game is very ambitious, hopefully they deliver.

Will likely cop when on the PS5 when a nice sale hits.

I finished my first play-through of TLOU2 in about 25.5 hours (with 15 trophies).

I think plaything through in parts like I did, taking about a week to finish lent to digesting this game how I did. The initial impact of Joel's death was anger, but as I played through I came to realize a couple of things; or at least interpret them to the best of my ability. Firstly, that had to happen for a few reasons in my mind. His climactic choice at the end of the first game had to have repercussions. There also had to be an event with enough emotional punch to push Ellie to do the things she would do. Sure, he could have been taken captive or been lost, or several other scenarios, but his graphic death not only elicited a rage from Ellie that pushed her through to the end, but also probably provided smaller but similar reaction to those that played through the first game. As the cutsenes from the past few years played out throughout the journey, you see their relationship evolve into what it was. But that finally scene where Ellie says she can't forgive him, but is willing to try twists the knife of his death. Not only that, but it makes the decision he made in the first game that much more impactful. He doubles down on it, knowing it may cost him his relationship with the girl he saved, and unknowingly his life. This also alludes to the guilt Ellie was racked with for not being able to reconcile fully.

I get the vitriol and disappointment in ND's decision to kill Joel (and specifically in the way they did. That could have been handled more cleverly), but I also think it pushed the story to areas it couldnt have gone without that death. Sure, this game could have gone in a million different directions, but focusing on the mirroring stories of revenge was really engrossing in my opinion.

Abby as a character made such an evolution in my mind. From absolute hate (to the point I let her jump off some cliffs when I retook control of her just to see the death animation :lol:) to really not wanting Ellie to kill her in the finale. Coming into the marina, fully anticipating the carnage that we actually inflicted as Ellie was something I had on my mind for the entire second half of the game, but it had the intended impact. Another thing I noticed was speaking to the Wolves at the hospital, the random character models of the guards are the exact same as the ones you killed as Ellie previously, down to where they are. Pretty neat detail. Anyway, Abby obviously has the most character development and I really started to like her as the game progressed.

Gameplay and graphics were phenomenal. I have zero complaints. It played like a smoother version of the first game, while looking as good as a game can at this point. Sure there were no real evolutions in the gameplay arena, but if it aint broke...

The apparent 'SJW" slant being thrown around about this game, like most things, was extremely overblown. This is a game that tells a story and saw opportunities to present same-sex relationships and gender roles in a way no game has really done before (at least in the triple A space, to my memory) without compromising or pandering the story to it. Being a straight white male, I don't think my critique of how it was done would either be accurate nor even valid, but having the experience with these character traits in game only added to the experience.

A few things I had issue with:
- Ellie leaving the map at the marina was a bit ridiculous.
- As mentioned above and by other NT'ers, the way Joel is cornered and killed could have been done better.
- The rattlesnakes could have been handled so much better. They were a throw away group in this game for what amounts to 2 hours of gameplay. That couldnt have made this a Firefly group then went rogue to tie it to Abby a bit more? Maybe I missed something, but I thought that was sloppy.
- Random characters like Isaac and the Scars prophet; I feel like they should have had much more of a backstory.
- The length of the game is a bit much, but I was happy to see a Abby/Ellie resolution.

Overall, I think this was a very fitting sequel that had a monumental set of expectations. In my mind it met my expectations. Certainly didnt exceed them, but also didnt fall short. I'll be replaying on a harder difficulty and cleaning up trophies eventually. From the few previews I read, Naughty Dog's goal seemed to be to draw out real emotion from players through their story. Speaking only for myself, it absolutely succeeded.

Keep in mind, this is my opinion only. No agenda, just my thoughts so if it seems to run on, that's why.

TL;DR

Good Game GIFs | Tenor

Last edited:
I finished my first play-through of TLOU2 in about 25.5 hours (with 15 trophies).

I think plaything through in parts like I did, taking about a week to finish lent to digesting this game how I did. The initial impact of Joel's death was anger, but as I played through I came to realize a couple of things; or at least interpret them to the best of my ability. Firstly, that had to happen for a few reasons in my mind. His climactic choice at the end of the first game had to have repercussions. There also had to be an event with enough emotional punch to push Ellie to do the things she would do. Sure, he could have been taken captive or been lost, or several other scenarios, but his graphic death not only elicited a rage from Ellie that pushed her through to the end, but also probably provided smaller but similar reaction to those that played through the first game. As the cutsenes from the past few years played out throughout the journey, you see their relationship evolve into what it was. But that finally scene where Ellie says she can't forgive him, but is willing to try twists the knife of his death. Not only that, but it makes the decision he made in the first game that much more impactful. He doubles down on it, knowing it may cost him his relationship with the girl he saved, and unknowingly his life. This also alludes to the guilt Ellie was racked with for not being able to reconcile fully.

I get the vitriol and disappointment in ND's decision to kill Joel (and specifically in the way they did. That could have been handled more cleverly), but I also think it pushed the story to areas it couldnt have gone without that death. Sure, this game could have gone in a million different directions, but focusing on the mirroring stories of revenge was really engrossing in my opinion.

Abby as a character made such an evolution in my mind. From absolute hate (to the point I let her jump off some cliffs when I retook control of her just to see the death animation :lol:) to really not wanting Ellie to kill her in the finale. Coming into the marina, fully anticipating the carnage that we actually inflicted as Ellie was something I had on my mind for the entire second half of the game, but it had the intended impact. Another thing I noticed was speaking to the Wolves at the hospital, the random character models of the guards are the exact same as the ones you killed as Ellie previously, down to where they are. Pretty neat detail. Anyway, Abby obviously has the most character development and I really started to like her as the game progressed.

Gameplay and graphics were phenomenal. I have zero complaints. It played like a smoother version of the first game, while looking as good as a game can at this point. Sure there were no real evolutions in the gameplay arena, but if it aint broke...

The apparent 'SJW" slant being thrown around about this game, like most things, was extremely overblown. This is a game that tells a story and saw opportunities to present same-sex relationships and gender roles in a way no game has really done before (at least in the triple A space, to my memory) without compromising or pandering the story to it. Being a straight white male, I don't think my critique of how it was done would either be accurate nor even valid, but having the experience with these character traits in game only added to the experience.

A few things I had issue with:
- Ellie leaving the map at the marina was a bit ridiculous.
- As mentioned above and by other NT'ers, the way Joel is cornered and killed could have been done better.
- The rattlesnakes could have been handled so much better. They were a throw away group in this game for what amounts to 2 hours of gameplay. That couldnt have made this a Firefly group then went rogue to tie it to Abby a bit more? Maybe I missed something, but I thought that was sloppy.
- Random characters like Isaac and the Scars prophet; I feel like they should have had much more of a backstory.
- The length of the game is a bit much, but I was happy to see a Abby/Ellie resolution.

Overall, I think this was a very fitting sequel that had a monumental set of expectations. In my mind it met my expectations. Certainly didnt exceed them, but also didnt fall short. I'll be replaying on a harder difficulty and cleaning up trophies eventually. From the few previews I read, Naughty Dog's goal seemed to be to draw out real emotion from players through their story. Speaking only for myself, it absolutely succeeded.

Keep in mind, this is my opinion only. No agenda, just my thoughts so if it seems to run on, that's why.

TL;DR

Good Game GIFs | Tenor
Now you can go back and read all the spoilers in this thread

Back
Top Bottom