The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

World of Warcraft is a hugely successful mmo rpg game which helped pave the way for open world games along with GTA

GTA3 was the game that put open world games on the map. WoW put MMOs on the map. GTA3 came out 3 years before WoW. So.... no. Totally different types of games too.... RPGs have been doing huge open worlds for years before GTA3 but it's not the same type of "open world".

GTA3 was the game that put open world games on the map. WoW put MMOs on the map. GTA3 came out 3 years before WoW. So.... no. Totally different types of games too.... RPGs have been doing huge open worlds for years before GTA3 but it's not the same type of "open world".
So you’re saying wow has 0 influence on open world games?

I'm saying that it couldn't have lead to open world games when the game that lead to open world games came out 3 years prior.

If anything I would give WoW credit for is making monthly payments for a single game a huge thing along with almostly yearly expansion packs they charged almost full price for. It created a whole new hustle for games, one that I am not a fan of but luckily never got addicted to so it had little affect on me other than buying a CE every here and there.

I'm saying that it couldn't have lead to open world games when the game that lead to open world games came out 3 years prior.

If anything I would give WoW credit for is making monthly payments for a single game a huge thing along with almostly yearly expansion packs they charged almost full price for. It created a whole new hustle for games, one that I am not a fan of but luckily never got addicted to so it had little affect on me other than buying a CE every here and there.
I guess you have a point. I personally am not the greatest fan of every game being open world now, I prefer linear stories sometimes

I had TLOU2 spoiled for me in an Instagram comment. I should have learned my lesson, that's the same way The Force Awakens got spoiled for me.

source.gif

Back
Top Bottom