The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

All the traveling is what makes the open world work :lol: :lol: :lol:

i get it but i wish there was just a fast travel system for places you already visted. the game constantly make you travel to the same locations over and over again. if I want to explore the open world, i'll do that on my own time, not during a mission.

Did you like Death Stranding?
I got Death Stranding for retail and it's still in the packaging. SMH.
death stranding was fun for the first few hours... now its a chore. havent even beat it. collecting dust lol

It's a 6-7/10 game. The core gameplay loop is very mediocre but the presentation and overall packaging of the game is high.

The game's extremely niche and there's a (small) target audience for this type of game. I guess SONY wanted Hideo on board for an exclusive title so they gave him total freedom/control.

SpittaJetLife SpittaJetLife I personally didn't enjoy it - I made it to the mountain area in the middle of the game, possibly the 60% mark and just got flat out frustrated.

The core of the game is delivering packages and the mountainous area just goes out of its way to make this even more tedious and aggravating with the terrain.

Kojima probably expected the game to do numbers so other players could build/create structures and share them but the people on my game server ain't building 'ish. I literally think I'm the only one actually building the roads. :smh: :smh: :smh:

It's a 6-7/10 game. The core gameplay loop is very mediocre but the presentation and overall packaging of the game is high.

The game's extremely niche and there's a (small) target audience for this type of game. I guess SONY wanted Hideo on board for an exclusive title so they gave him total freedom/control.

SpittaJetLife SpittaJetLife I personally didn't enjoy it - I made it to the mountain area in the middle of the game, possibly the 60% mark and just got flat out frustrated.

The core of the game is delivering packages and the mountainous area just goes out of its way to make this even more tedious and aggravating with the terrain.

Kojima probably expected the game to do numbers so other players could build/create structures and share them but the people on my game server ain't building 'ish. I literally think I'm the only one actually building the roads. :smh: :smh: :smh:
Wow. I got to the part where those characters try to attack you? Do you ever see those dudes again? Do you ever get or use a weapon in the game or do you just deliver packages?

Which one of y’all platted rdr2? I’m up to this 100% grind and animal hunting grind. How do you will yourself on?? 😂😂

I have a friend who rarely goes for the platinum trophies in games but really wanted this one.

He is done the single player stuff; trying to get the online trophies is proving difficult for him.

I slowed down with the platinum grind myself. There are just too many games and some of these trophies are just too grindy, especially for the types of gamers they are. That said, my son and I made a bet that I'd finish the year with 80 platinums (I'm at 66). If I lose, I have to pay him $100. If I win...I'm not sure what an 11 year old can offer me :rofl:

I have a friend who rarely goes for the platinum trophies in games but really wanted this one.

He is done the single player stuff; trying to get the online trophies is proving difficult for him.
Yea as pain in the *** as the single player can be it’s still fun. Now that online grind :smh: :smh:

Wow. I got to the part where those characters try to attack you? Do you ever see those dudes again? Do you ever get or use a weapon in the game or do you just deliver packages?

SpittaJetLife SpittaJetLife I made it to the 60% mark and I only had 2 boss fights. I was playing on Hard difficulty too and I just blew past them on the first try. The game is erroneously classified as an 'action' game but it's not.

There are actual weapons in the game, but you're encouraged NOT to use them as 'dead bodies' in the game trigger 'voidouts' or create 'BTs'. That said the NPC AI in the game is absolute garbage and I just ended up using the non-lethal weapons up to the point I stopped playing.

It's interesting but you play as a 'courier/porter' in the game so your actual enemies are the packages (weight/dimensions) and the terrain. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
I slowed down with the platinum grind myself. There are just too many games and some of these trophies are just too grindy, especially for the types of gamers they are. That said, my son and I made a bet that I'd finish the year with 80 platinums (I'm at 66). If I lose, I have to pay him $100. If I win...I'm not sure what an 11 year old can offer me :rofl:
I got 35 myself, last 4 years or so stopped playing video game’s heavy and past 2 years haven’t played at all too the pandemic began. Platinum grind is great for a quarantine because it is what it is, a waste of time lol.
once this is over I think I will still play games, should’ve never stoppedbut won’t be playing as heavy as I am now at home all day

Wash your car.
Cook you breakfast.
Extra chores.

Too bad telltale went under. That's an automatic 4 or 5 plats.

I actually took $25 and decided to buy a bunch of these cheap games over the weekend that looked fun. I like platformers and Arkanoid-type games to mess around with while watching TV, and they had a bunch on sale for around 2 bucks.

Some of them were a blast (Inksplosion, Fullblast, Peasant Knight), but I came to realize they are all basically paid trophies. A couple were just blatant and almost all of them are available as cross-buy with Vita, AND have different regional versions.

There are definitely some gems though, if you are willing to sift through the junk.

I still need to finish Death Stranding. I remember being addicted to it when it first came out, but I got caught up building roads and structures and never finished the story :lol: I’ll try to get to it before tlou2 comes out

Some games give you a theme or avatar for getting the platinum trophy.

Mostly I just like having a goal to achieve. They usually coincide with not only beating the game, but exploring alot of things maybe you might not have had you not gone for the trophy.

This thread has made it very apparent I am in the minority :lol: , minus a few people like Ricky D Ricky D or 2sappy 2sappy

I have to commend you Platinum collectors for your patience. I only have 1 (Assassin's Creed 2) and that's only because 95% of the trophies for that game are collected from the story.

The only games I've platinum'd have been ff15 and spiderman ps4

I thought about getting platinum for ff7 remake but once I learned that you have to play the game on hard... I was like nahhhhhhh

Some games give you a theme or avatar for getting the platinum trophy.

Mostly I just like having a goal to achieve. They usually coincide with not only beating the game, but exploring alot of things maybe you might not have had you not gone for the trophy.

This thread has made it very apparent I am in the minority :lol: , minus a few people like Ricky D Ricky D or 2sappy 2sappy
Yup, definitely gives you more purpose to explore games, I like em. Do I complete every one I play? No but they are fun

Just beat streets of rage 4 in like 2 hours.

played the whole story wih some random on normal mode lol.

really fun when playing with someone. It prob would’ve been even better if I played with a friend

Back
Top Bottom