The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I think quite a few people would argue that party chat ruined in game lobby chats.

What's everyone's take on digital copies of games vs physical hard copies ?

I myself prefer physical hard copies, I don't do the digital copy thing.

What's everyone's take on digital copies of games vs physical hard copies ?

I myself prefer physical hard copies, I don't do the digital copy thing.
Same, unless the digital copy is being gameshared/heavy discounted. 

You can resell physical copies, so I'd rarely cop digital day one.

Then amazon/bestbuy deals pretty much make it vastly less enticing to cop digital.

Speaking of which, you just reminded me that I have $30 on my psn account.

But I sold my ps4.
tired.gif

Edit: also your digital purchases don't move forward with you as the years go by, so there's legit no reason to me to cop digital.

I have a cd wallet that's next to my tv, so I don't get the "I don't have to get up" point.

Last edited:
Same, unless the digital copy is being gameshared/heavy discounted. 
You can resell digital copies, so I'd rarely cop digital day one.
Then amazon/bestbuy deals pretty much make it vastly less enticing to cop digital.
Speaking of which, you just reminded me that I have $30 on my psn account.
But I sold my ps4.|I
I got ya. I'll probably be forced to switch to digital in the future. I see games becoming all digital downloads in the future.
Why you'd sell your ps4? Waiting for the upgraded console?

I got ya. I'll probably be forced to switch to digital in the future. I see games becoming all digital downloads in the future.
Why you'd sell your ps4? Waiting for the upgraded console?
When I entered next gen, I was physical>>>digital. Once digital prices become way more enticing than physical, then a lot of people would easily go all-digital.

On pc, it's already like that. Given that, a lot of people on pc are already all-digital.

I barely played it. TLOU/UC collection are the only games I still have that I'd replay, but not right now.

Plus all saves got wiped after trying to repurpose the 2tb hdd for my pc.

I had backed up all my saves on a usb. 

When I tried to restore the backup, it said "backup corrupt."

Luckily most of my games were physical, so I resold them all and copped the pc versions for a bit less than I sold em for.

Since I had to replay the games anyway, might as well get them on pc.

Once I re-cop a ps4, I'll get the neo.

Titanfall 2 devs open to PS4 / Xbox One / PC Cross-Play

Last edited:
When I entered next gen, I was physical>>>digital. Once digital prices become way more enticing than physical, then a lot of people would easily go all-digital.
On pc, it's already like that. Given that, a lot of people on pc are already all-digital.

I barely played it. TLOU/UC collection are the only games I still have that I'd replay, but not right now.
Plus all saves got wiped after trying to repurpose the 2tb hdd for my pc.
I had backed up all my saves on a usb. 
When I tried to restore the backup, it said "backup corrupt."

Luckily most of my games were physical, so I resold them all and copped the pc versions for a bit less than I sold em for.
Since I had to replay the games anyway, might as well get them on pc.

Once I re-cop a ps4, I'll get the neo.
[rule]

I hear ya. I've never been a pc gamer guy. I think probably because I know nothing about building a gaming pc and all that so I've always been console. I'm mostly a Sony guy where as all my friends are Xbox guys. I do own both consoles though. Ps4 is the workhorse whereas Xbox is just for exclusives/games cheaper than ps4 version.

Forget Titanfall 2, what's good with that BF1 cross play :nerd:

Digital > physical if you never trade in games. GameStop usually low balls, BB is slowly getting there and is a pain in the *** when it comes to trade ins and Amazon just isn't ideal for me since I don't want to deal with shipping it out.

Yea, it was how the service started off before they offered subscriptions.

Haven't heard of them removing the individual rentals.

Back
Top Bottom